Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1345995 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1560 on: May 23, 2013, 10:43:41 am »
-Hospital-

Jun'ko had used Yiski's letter to finally gain access to Zill's room. He was still in an induced coma and stabilized. Just being near him gave her the peace of mind to finally sleep on the nearby couch.

In the morning, she awoke with a blanket over her. Apparently the nurse had cared for her as well. She scanned the room, seeing him still asleep. However, she then saw the black box on his table. This wasn't the first time she had seen it, but for it to be here in the room made her curious. She inspected it, and saw the lock. She jumped when a nurse came in to care for Zill.
Nurse
"I see you slept well."

Jun'ko
"Uh yea. So how is he?"

Nurse
"I hear the doctors plan to take him out of his coma. It's probably better you are here for it as it won't be pleasant for him."

Jun'ko
"Well I mean he's just going to wake up right? That's bad?"

Nurse
"He has a lot of shrapnel still in him that doctors cannot remove. It'll be painful. Not to mention the questions he'll have to answer too."

Jun'ko
"Oh. Questions?"

Nurse
"I've said too much."

The nurse promptly left, leaving Jun'ko staring at Zill, wondering what would happen in the next few hours.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1561 on: May 23, 2013, 11:16:15 am »
-Honeybadger's Room-

Honeybadger sits alone on his chair in his room looking at the coffee table, sitting there is a small vial of black liquid, and a small box with mailing information on it.

Honeybadger
I need to get out of this place, I might be staying in this city a lot longer then I had anticipated.

Why did I come back? How did things get this complecated?

Honeybadger looks to the floor and bulletin board on his wall covered in small artifacts and photography some with him in it

Honeybadger
If I take it I should be fine I just have to rememeber to mail the package.

Honeybadger grabs his hand nervously. He then slowly reaches for the vial and picks it up.

Better than a needle

He drinks the contents.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1562 on: May 23, 2013, 12:32:17 pm »
-Honeybadger's Deep Thoughts (Aftermath and side effects of the Drug)-

Honeybadger:

Oh God

I know I shouldn't have done this. It's to potent, whatever that shit is it's not going to make me feel fine and dandy but like and drug, might as well enjoy the ride if your stuck on it.

And just like that it kicked it. It's almost as though the drug makes you Psychic, gives you a hightened sense of perception, there is a window in my room, if I look outside of it I'll see the restaraunt. Table 4 has 10546 grains of rice exactly on the plate, the rice was harvested from Yesha and brought over here, the guy who harvested it was nicknamed "Cooter" and he didn't very much like his job.

Whenever I take this shit it messes with my head, it's only with the shit all around my room I'm able to hold onto my fucked up past, dear god I wish I had forgotten that.

A calculator can do a complex mathematical equation in seconds, something more advanced can do much more in one second, I have exactly two point 6 seconds until my door is flung open. For something like a calculator that much time is an eternity.

But I'm flesh and bones, I can always reach for my pistol but unfortuanatly they have high explosives and they are not easily drawn on.

Gotta remember, what did he say? Right, "Time is an ocean, your brain is just swimming around in it." Not much I can do if I'm constantly trying to go against the current. But I can find ways around it.

I have to get out of here, Ok imagine I'm in space, flying on a ton of burning rock hurling through space. The creation, everything coming together in an instant, so everything has been accounted for, so it didn't matter wether you had scotch or whiskey that night because it was destined to happen since the creation of the world.

I couldn't finish this thought as I realized that I was outside of the room.

-Buring Skies Saloon-

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: May 23, 2013, 01:01:26 pm »
--Burning Skies--

After their shower together and checking the equipment, Yiski made the decision to keep the saloon closed until the evening. Yiski would head to the hospital. Since there was nothing to do in a closed saloon, Lauren decided to head to the Academy. She knew new pilot candidates needed to chosen. The two walked outside where Yiski locked up the saloon and checking the door was locked and unmovable. The couple kissed before heading their separate ways.

Minutes passed and Yiski was in front of the hospital where Jun'ko and Zill stayed. Before entering, Yiski put on his Commander's badge to signify official military business, mostly to bypass any doctors or other officials who would prevent him from seeing Zill.

Upon entering, there were a few soldiers who were being checked for minor injuries. Those who either recognized Yiski or the badge immediately stood and gave a salute. Yiski returned the salutes.

Yiski
"At ease."

Yiski continued down the corridor and found Zill's room easily, mainly because there were two Elites guarding the doorway. Yiski approached, where he was promptly stopped by one of the Elites.

Elite
"I'm sorry Commander, but..."

Yiski
"Son, if you don't let me in, I'll see to it you're demoted and placed on Gauntlet duty for the rest of your life."

Even though Yiski had little authority to follow through with the threat, he did have a heavy influence and coupled with the glare he gave, the Elite motioned for him to enter. Yiski grunted.

Inside he saw Zill still out and Jun'ko sitting on the far side of the room. Jun'ko forced a smile and waved.

Yiski
"How is he?"

Jun'ko
"They say he still has a few bit of shrapnel which they can't get to and plan on waking him up."

Yiski
"Shrapnel huh? He's definitely goin' to be sore with that in him."

Jun'ko notices Yiski's badge.

Jun'ko
"I'm guessing you're hear to ask Zill questions when he wakes?"

Yiski
"Yup. Better me than a Council Investigator."

--Academy--

Lauren looks over the casualty report and cringes. Some of the pilot names she recognized as those she trained. Next to the reports was a set of files for potential pilots. She sighed.

"This'll be a long day."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:05 pm »
-Hospital-

A team of doctors entered Zill's room. The nurse motioned for Yiski and Jun'ko so stand back as they prepped for his revival. One of them started to eye Jun'ko which made her uneasy. He motioned her over.
Doctor
"I assume you're a significant other?"

Jun'ko
"Yes."

Doctor
"Stand over here and make sure you're the first thing he see's. This won't be fun for him or us."

With that, Jun'ko stood next to him. The doctors began working the machine keeping Zill in a coma. Minutes felt like hours as the machine slowly shut down. Zill began to twitch. The doctors held him down and Jun'ko put her face in front of his. His eyes slowly opened, and his face went pale. He started breathing heavily, his pulse rocketing up. The pain was intense for him all over his torso. He struggled to move which just caused him more. Jun'ko started talking to him.
Jun'ko
"Zill. It's ok. I'm here. Calm down."

Zill
"Where....what...the fight....they need me! I can feel the fire!"

Jun'ko
"Stop Zill! The fight is over! It's only me now!

Zill struggled, the pain eating away at his nerves. Jun'ko put her lips on his forehead, trying to calm him down. Slowly, it worked. His pulse was returning to normal, the pain, while still there, was lessened. He closed his eyes, and just took what it was. The doctors sighed in relief, and checked the vitals before leaving the room. Zill just lay there, with Jun'ko holding his hand.

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: May 23, 2013, 02:30:50 pm »
-Burning Skies Saloon-

*walks in slowly, and looks around."

"Mhhh from the Stories I heard I thought it would be more crowded"

*He grabs a chair and sits infront of the Bar*

"Now , wheres the fine Grog I´m supposed to get here..." *mumbling*

*grabs an half empty bottle of something that looks like grog, takes a swig and coughs*

"Well, better then nothin, I guess.."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: May 23, 2013, 02:42:58 pm »
*Lockheart, "Walks" in, in his recent fashion, almost falling over every 5 ft*

Lockheart
"Good day gentlemen!, anyone seen Thrax?, i need to ask him a few questions...."

*sits on a seat, and rests his crutch on the bar but it clatters to the floor*

Lockheart
"Damn!"

*Lockheart looked around and noticed yiski wasnt there.*

Lockheart
"oh, i may have to wait for Yiski to return to find Thrax"

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: May 23, 2013, 03:09:54 pm »
*Looks up, and sees Lockheart and helps him up*

"Hey Fella, you alright ?" *grinning*
Yeah, a little bit empty here I suppose.
Do you know where they might be ?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: May 23, 2013, 03:25:11 pm »
--Docks--

BdrLine's Warehouse

After leaving the saloon last night to go back to his home, BdrLine notices it was one of the many buildings destroyed. He mentally groans as now he needs to find, or build, a new house. When he heads towards his warehouse, just like his house, it was also gone. But only the surface, down in the basement all of his equipment survives as the concrete floor of the warehouse protected and acted as a bunker.

He spends the next hours on the radio calling Zankif back in the Guild, Melin in the Barons, even to Niko back in Yesha, and much more. Right now he is on the horn with Melin.

BdrLine
"Melin you think you can send on of your teams into the Guild and watch their movements?"

Melin
"Bdr I don't know if I can. This won't go well with the upper brass. Plus the Barons are not at war with the Guild, if they capture one of my men and finds out they came from here, it won't look pretty."

BdrLine
"But your division is one of the most secret and underground in your military. Can't you pull some strings."

Melin
"I know, I know, but still because of how secretive my division is, we are under the eye of some very powerful people who call upon us for the impossible."

BdrLine
"Is there anyway? I mean you heard what happen here."

Melin
*groan* "This may cause me my job. ...Alright Bdr, I myself will personally go, I will bring some close friends of mine with me as well. If we do get caught at least it is not my men."

BdrLine
"Thanks Melin, when are you guys departing then?"

Melin
"Two days max, need to organise and prepare."

BdrLine
"Okay, I inform Zankif that you are heading over there. Oh, and is there anyway you can send in some ships to help the fleet here, with this attack, we are undermanned"

Melin
"Again, I'll see what I can do."

BdrLine
"Thanks again."

With that he disconnects from Melin and calls back to Niko.

BdrLine
"Hey Niko, Niko, you there buddy?"

*static*
Niko
"Yeah I hear you Bdr, so you are wondering about the help you asked earlier."

BdrLine
"Yeah so how it goes?"

Niko
"So far, the military are waiting for a response from the Council of yours and are deciding on what to send, the good news though is I convince the mercenary guild to send ships over. It may take awhile, but they are on their way."

BdrLine
"The Yeshan mercenary guild? How in the Gods did you convince them?"

Niko
*chuckles* "It sorta helps when one of the leaders is a cousin. He'll be the one leading the group over, I'll be on there as well, so I see ya soon."

BdrLine
"Thanks, we need all the help down here. See you soon as well."

With that, he ends the call and leans back in his chair. Bdr then runs a hand through his hair and stands up. He goes towards the stairs leading up from his warehouse basement to the outside and walks towards the saloon to see if Yiski can spare him a drink.

(Lockheart and Gabranth, if you read back a few post and find Yiski's he wrote that the saloon is locked)

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: May 23, 2013, 03:45:37 pm »
*Looks up and realises he sat outside the saloon door all the time*

"Whaa.. ? So much Grog isnt good for me i guess..."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: May 23, 2013, 04:02:35 pm »
As BdrLine walks through the ruins and rubble, construction men and response teams are out and about helping the injured to going through broken buildings to rebuild and restore later on. After a few minutes, BdrLine arrives to the saloon and notices a man standing outside.

Hmm Yiski must have close for the day. Well let's see who this fella is.

He goes over to the man.

"Hello there, waiting for the saloon to open I see. Maybe awhile, so new around to these parts? Sorry you had to come at a time like this."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 23, 2013, 04:02:48 pm »
--Hospital--

Yiski watches Zill have his mini-freakout. When it seems like Zill has calmed down. Yiski walks to the foot of Zill's bed.

"You're lookin' worse for wear. I'm sure you know why I'm here."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: May 23, 2013, 04:37:31 pm »
-Hospital-

Zill tried to sit up, but the pain shoots through him like much familiar lightning. Jun'ko grips his hand and gives him a stern look. He sighs and looks up at Yiski.

"I have...some guesses....but...I doubt it's to....see how I'm doin'."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: May 23, 2013, 04:53:33 pm »
--Hospital--

Yiski scratches the back of his head and sighs.

"Well commin' to see you was one thing, but there are things botherin' the Council and more importantly me."

Yiski grabs a chair from the corner, pulls it next to Zill's bed, and sits down.

"I'll get right to it. How'd you know about the weakness? I remember those things from Izumi, but never saw any info about them in that lab."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1574 on: May 23, 2013, 05:00:21 pm »
-Somewhere-

Honeybadger wakes up in a dark room, he trys to move his elbows but ends up hitting a broom stick.

Honeybadger
Utility closet, better then getting shot. I guess that means I should find another place to stay, my hotel room is to dangerous. "Hello?"

Honeybadger pushes open the door to reveal where he was.

-Hospital-

Honeybadger steps out of the closet, adjustes his hat, and confuses a janitor nearby. As he was walking down the hall he spots all the rooms, he felt as though he was supposed to be here. On his way down the hall he picks up some flowers from a vase and keeps walking

As Honeybadger was walking he spotted Zill and Yiski, and knocks on the open door.