Author Topic: Heavy piercing weapon  (Read 48076 times)

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy piercing weapon
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2013, 03:28:16 am »
I also put this idea of a ballista early in!!! I should be hired as a brain for muse!!! XD just message me for any other good ideas :) I'm chock full of them :)

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2013, 04:47:43 am »
I also put this idea of a ballista early in!!! I should be hired as a brain for muse!!! XD just message me for any other good ideas :) I'm chock full of them :)
Go ahead and post them here!

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 04:53:20 am »
Rope less would definitely work better in the case I was making.
What if it hit with the mass and inertia of a ship ram?
As fun as that would be, I don't know if that would balance well- doing a full front ram with a moonshined goldfish, and then shooting the bolt... the enemy would go back to the future. Likewise, getting hit with two bolts at the same time could cause a ship to slam into a wall with enough force to get stuck and auto-killed.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2013, 05:23:40 am »
Sounds like what I do to ships when I ram them anyways, squish them into the terrain.
But I see your point it might cause a bad collision issue on a map like Canyon.  Still, would be super awesome, be like the rail gun in FEAR.

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2013, 06:12:28 am »
Sounds like what I do to ships when I ram them anyways, squish them into the terrain.
But I see your point it might cause a bad collision issue on a map like Canyon.  Still, would be super awesome, be like the rail gun in FEAR.
I'm still bitter about that.

I think the sudden imparting of massive velocity to a ship is going to put people inside the buildings on maps with shady collision detection.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2013, 07:05:04 am »
I'm still bitter about that.

I think the sudden imparting of massive velocity to a ship is going to put people inside the buildings on maps with shady collision detection.

Lol, I had forgotten about that squish ram.  Ya, the more I think on it the more cool and less functional it seems to be.

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2013, 09:17:59 pm »
Rope less would definitely work better in the case I was making.
What if it hit with the mass and inertia of a ship ram?

This would actually be pretty interesting.  Not that it'd deal impact damage directly, but it would push the ship so it would deal to itself a decent amount.  The amount it'd be pushed would diminish depending on range, yet it'd have a good range, 1000m or so.  So you have a choice of how you want to make use of it.  At range, dual Flak + Field Gun is still a better choice for a Galleon.

It'd be a positioning based weapon.  Goldfishes would use ramming combined with a point blank shot to peel their armor and send them hurtling towards a cliff face.  Spires could use it defensively as a knockback against charging ships, as well as a complement to explosive light weapons like a Flak and a Mortar.

I think it's a good idea.