Author Topic: Heavy piercing weapon  (Read 48438 times)

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy piercing weapon
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 10:58:46 pm »

but the only two heavy damage types missing is fire, and piercing, so a heavy flamethrower may or may not be introduced later.

Ever fired a hellhound carronade with incendiary rounds?

It's hilarious to watch happen...definitely on a Pyramidion...

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 11:16:05 pm »

GAT FLAK GALLEONS. GAT FLAK GALLEONS EVERYWHERE

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 11:31:30 pm »
I actually think it would be kind of interesting to see a weapon that did piercing damage and fire damage.

It would be a mid range (1KM) semi auto weapon with 3-5 very large rounds with significant firing arc that would detonate into a fiery explosions inside the ship after impact functioning like an anti tank round by piercing through the armor and exploding on entry.  Each round would about do half the piercing of the mercury but would also have an additional 50 fire damage spreading over a 4 M aoe with a 100% chance to start a level 1 fire.

Of course balance would have to played with but boy could that be fun on a Galleon or Spire.

Also I think Squash's idea for an aoe piercing weapon is also pretty neat.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 11:48:23 pm »
I like an idea I came up with a while back about a medium-gun double Gatling. It would do a less damage than the current one per bullet, but it would wind up and shoot much quicker in relation to how long the trigger's been held down. Imagine that with incendiary rounds~ ooooh

Offline Dragmyre

• Salutes: 8
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 12:31:46 am »
What about something like the Nordenfelt?

http://www ....victorianshipmodels.com/antitorpedoboatguns/Nordenfelt/nordenfelt1inch4.html

Mod edit (Queso): Link may be dangerous. Use at your own risk.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:18:42 am by Queso »

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 02:31:04 am »
Wow, do not go to that website, it auto-downloads something

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2013, 04:14:58 am »

Well...this is a Nordenfelt

Looks like the Swedes took Leonardo daVinci's design or something.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2013, 04:20:56 am »
I actually think it would be kind of interesting to see a weapon that did piercing damage and fire damage.

It would be a mid range (1KM) semi auto weapon with 3-5 very large rounds with significant firing arc that would detonate into a fiery explosions inside the ship after impact functioning like an anti tank round by piercing through the armor and exploding on entry.  Each round would about do half the piercing of the mercury but would also have an additional 50 fire damage spreading over a 4 M aoe with a 100% chance to start a level 1 fire.

Of course balance would have to played with but boy could that be fun on a Galleon or Spire.

Also I think Squash's idea for an aoe piercing weapon is also pretty neat.

I could imagine that working pretty well. Maybe with a little slower reload time, because I can imagine it wreaking havoc when it hits. Shooting your hull armor to pieces and setting random parts of the ship on fire? Sure, the fire doesn't do so much damage, but it makes the components less effective - and that while the Engineers are already busy keeping the Hull Armor alive.

Might also help in making Fire and Incendiary Rounds more viable again. Flamethrowers are fine enough, but they're close range. And the ocassional 16 fire stack from a Flare gun, or the other random Fire's you get from other weapons aren't really crippling or threatening, in my opinion.

Offline Dragmyre

• Salutes: 8
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »
What about something like the Nordenfelt?

Mod edit (Queso): Link may be dangerous. Use at your own risk.

My bad, sorry about that.

Offline NikolaiLev

• Salutes: 4
    • [Fur]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 07:43:01 pm »
Actually, I'd like to see a Heavy Autocannon that deals Direct Piercing and AoE Explosive.

What would make it balanced?  Well, mid-range, hard to use, and it'd deal Light Weapon-levels of DPS.  But it'd essentially be an all-in-one weapon.

It'd be kinda useful with other explosive weapons, and kinda useful with other piercing weapons.  The trick would be making it fun to play with; it could be balanced number wise (just a matter of tweaking) but it'd need to be made interesting somehow.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 10:16:56 pm »
I like the idea of a burst gun. A medium armor piercing weapon with a large spread and a low rate of fire. Like a hellhound carranade but with more range and different damage types.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 06:02:11 pm »
I kinda want a giant lasercannon as a heavy weapon. Remember the godlamp or whatever it was called? That could be a pierce-fire weapon. Picture a flame-gatling gun.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »
How on earth do you reload a God Lamp? Perhaps the reload would be it cooling down so it doesn't melt itself. I love the idea of a heavy pierce/fire weapon.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 08:28:48 pm »
I remember someone having an idea of a gun with four rotating gatlings on it or something on the old forums, but otherwise some kind of gun derived from some ww2 AA's would be preatty neat.

Offline kpenguin

• Salutes: 5
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 09:45:24 pm »
Forget a Medium piercing gun, I wanna see a Medium flame gun. Daddy wants his giant flamethrower >:D