Author Topic: Slot Locking  (Read 54952 times)

Offline Rareform K. Rozhkov

• Salutes: 84
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Skyborne Site
Re: Slot Locking
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2017, 09:51:36 pm »
Maybe an easier alternative is lowering the threshhold for vet lobby?
Or scrapping the goofy (almost never even used) feature that is a vet lobby

Offline Narayan

• Salutes: 10
    • [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2017, 09:53:28 pm »
No we tried lowering the vet lobby threshold already and it didn't work, and to be fair not all noobs are bad and some people want to play with low level friends. Also late night there isn't really enough pop for a vet lobby.

Slot lock lets you keep the slots empty and screen potential players it's sort of the best of both worlds.

Also ravioli somewhere in the jumble above was a reply to your points about a negative impact from slot locking.

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2017, 07:57:47 am »

TL;DR/ To sum things up:
                        I feel like you are trying to glorify yourself as a beautiful and righteous acting CA (ur signature in last post lol) who deserves more for his hard work to keep the game alive, and everyone else is a horrible person, as they are war mongrels hungry for stomping the enemy, and worst of all like having fun. And you believe that Vets have killed this game, and we need to reform them into good doing machines for the sake of the community, that will always let the newbies win. IMO its amazing that the game has lived so long, and developed such a dedicated community

Nah that's what you obviously thought with my closing with; A CA that did what was needed of them. Merely just did what the ca badge meant, taught, helped & wasted my time teaching new players, only for them to be raped mercilessly. This is why my engineering hours are so high, it is easier to advise whilst going auto repair bot mode.

Take the yellow name away; what does it do anyway? If it was removed would it turn me into a dick-head overnight? No it wouldn't I don't roll that way.

The end has come about by a culmination of things; most notably the battle cry 'death to noobs' all the time typing; o7 gee gee et al, no lobby swaps, rarely if ever was any sound advice given. Much like you had the Holy Grai and didn't want to share it's secrets. Then rush off to the buffet table for scrub soup followed by noob cake.

Also whats this BS about you saying you have been offering swaps for over a year. I do not believe a word of that as I was never privy to receiving such scraps from the top table, either on my alts or my main.

Maybe you'd swap once in a blue when the lobby was balanced or you were goaded & cajoled in to it. You have one opinion, mine is totally different. Having seen the majesty of all your actions on alts.

Back on topic If possible

A culmination of things has brought us to this point. Lack of a kick function, when the only option is to reform the crew, search recently played with to invite that one play who showed promise. Vote-Kick would have been better served to be in game. Most games have vote kick and rarely is it abused, by level headed people. Some will obviously abuse it, as that is the only form of control they have in their lives. Slot locking could also be used advantageously. Let us face it who want's to teach every srucb from bumblefuck county every day. Not even me! However being a CA i'd give it my best and feel duty bound to try. Else why would i be a ca if not to help the community? Not destroy it slowly. But those days are now behind us; as there are no players left to teach.

For all it's glitz and glamor & SyFy aspects Alliance is to me the tutorial, PVP is the meat.

I don't post here often. But had to call a spade a spade.

Offline Corporal Ravioli

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2017, 10:40:12 am »
I recall full-well attempting to swap ships with Narayan and multiple other high-prestige pilots in order to balance lobbies only to be met with a cold shoulder and inevitable stomp.

I'll second that crock of shit.

Offline Narayan

• [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2017, 02:33:31 pm »
I recall full-well attempting to swap ships with Narayan and multiple other high-prestige pilots in order to balance lobbies only to be met with a cold shoulder and inevitable stomp.

I'll second that crock of shit.

So I'm not sure if you play under a different name but I don't really recall playing with you ever. That being said.

Slot lock is not about ending stacks or criticizing people who do stack, it's about creating a level playing field with consistent crew for veteran captains who don't have a full crew going up against a stack. Slot locking is about improving match quality and creating consistancy for veteran pilots and mid level pilots.

Offline Red-Xiii

• Salutes: 32
    • [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 09:32:06 pm »
Give it up.  Your high horse accusations Narayan and SKBO come from being not publicly opposed by many people over time, so you think your continued arguments actually mean something.  They dont.  They never have.  They never will.  Being drunk on occasion never affected those in the "so called respected clan".  Only those not respected by so called "masters of the Goio universe".   But what you and everyone dont understand is you masters are in a minority.  Always have been.  Always will be.  Noone likes you.  Noone gives a shit what you say or in the community because you didnt give a shit what they said.  Just like muse.

Get out breathe.  Get out of the drama filled bullshit you created in this community.   You failed on so many levels.  I will never come back based on your stupidty.  Revel in your crap.

Offline Narayan

• [◣﹏◢]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2017, 09:48:45 pm »
Give it up.  Your high horse accusations Narayan and SKBO come from being not publicly opposed by many people over time, so you think your continued arguments actually mean something.  They dont.  They never have.  They never will.  Being drunk on occasion never affected those in the "so called respected clan".  Only those not respected by so called "masters of the Goio universe".   But what you and everyone dont understand is you masters are in a minority.  Always have been.  Always will be.  Noone likes you.  Noone gives a shit what you say or in the community because you didnt give a shit what they said.  Just like muse.

Get out breathe.  Get out of the drama filled bullshit you created in this community.   You failed on so many levels.  I will never come back based on your stupidty.  Revel in your crap.

First of all are you fucking kidding me? Nearly everyone opposes me.

Second with the average player count according to the steamcharts of both games being around 50 the big 3 clans, that's zlot, rydr, and skbo do make up a very sizable minority if not the majority of the current game pop 

Third you're an idiot xii and now everyone knows your an idiot.

This thread is about slot locking to balance the game and give a consistent match to everyone.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:06:46 pm by Narayan »

Offline Solidusbucket

• Salutes: 93
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2017, 11:28:27 pm »

I'v been knowing this for a while.

Offline Red-Xiii

• [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2017, 12:03:50 am »
Like anyone respects anything either of you say.   Good luck thinking you actually matter.

Offline Red-Xiii

• [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2017, 12:07:23 am »

I'v been knowing this for a while.

All you did was troll my crew,  thinking your balls were so big,  asked you to leave and you just sat their with your drunk ass spewing filth.   On top of Narayan saying "ill do what i want" like a two year old not getting his dessert after dinner.  But noone will tell you to stfu cuz they are afraid of your backlash.  Fuck that and fuck you.

Offline Red-Xiii

• [-§ɱ-]
    • View Profile
    • Steel Meridian
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2017, 12:11:41 am »
You are just like Delorum.  Talking shit to respected friendly people.  condescending, assholes,   pretend to be something.  yet are retarded enough to think they matter.

You never did.  You only think you did.   In the grand scheme of things winning clans are repulsive to the general pop.  But your dick in hand will always make you feel better.  I love fuckin with you.  Keep it comin.  :)

Offline Admiral Obvious

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 8
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2017, 02:56:32 am »
This thread has been locked for dissolving into name calling and complete off topic arguments.

I would like to remind all players of our community of the community standards: http://gunsoficarus.com/community-standards/, and that these are also our forum rules. Please keep all posts free from this kind of chat. If you have any feedback to the developers that does not fall under the topic of the thread, please email feedback@musegames.com