The Guns of Icarus Online Community Standards are a set of rules and guidelines that we have developed to establish a common understanding of appropriate behavior in the game, on the Guns of Icarus Online official forum and website, and on any other social networking group or communication channel established and maintained by Muse Games for the Guns of Icarus Online community.
Guns of Icarus Online is a cooperative and competitive multiplayer game that relies heavily on teamwork and communication, and we believe that the strength and quality of the community is of paramount importance to the Guns of Icarus Online experience. We strive to ensure that Guns of Icarus Online remains a welcoming, safe environment where players can expect respectful engagement and meaningful interaction with a high ratio of signal to noise. This means that abusive, disrespectful, harassing, spammy, or disruptive behavior, as outlined below, will not be tolerated.
Please note that while we aim to maintain a safe, relatively clean environment, we do not consider Guns of Icarus Online “family-friendly” or “all-ages-appropriate.” We serve a diverse audience and do not seek to limit respectful, mature player expression that is not excessively, offensively, or disruptively profane. Children under 13 years of age should not play Guns of Icarus Online.
Code of Conduct
The following is a non-exhaustive list of prohibited behaviors. Engaging in these behaviors will lead to appropriate corrective actions being taken, including private warnings, editing or removal of offensive content, temporary suspension of account, and permanent banishment from the game and/or forums.
- You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language. You may not attempt to communicate these by any means, including but not limited to masking, acronyms, abbreviations, innuendo, or languages other than English.
- Trolling or harassment includes personal verbal attacks, insults, communicating or behaving in a manner which is offensively coarse, intimidating or threatening, making unwelcome sexual advances, or engaging in other activities intended or likely to cause disruption, annoyance or alarm. You may not harass, threaten, or troll other players or representatives of Muse Games.
- You may not organize or be a member of any player associations or groups within Guns of Icarus Online that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
- Excessive, content-free, commercially oriented, fraudulent, or annoyingly repetitive or attention-seeking communications, including rapidly repeating the same message or excessive use of ALL CAPS, will be considered spam. You may not spam or post commercial content.
- You may not cheat or knowingly exploit bugs or loopholes to unfairly gain points or items, advance in an unintended manner, or unbalance the game. You may not communicate the existence of exploitable bugs or loopholes to other players, either directly, indirectly, or through public posting. You may not exploit, hack, or attempt to find weaknesses in any of our associated services, including the game servers and forum servers. You should immediately report instances of cheating, hacking, or any exploitable bugs or loopholes you discover to
6. Violation of privacy
- You may not reveal or share unpublished personal information about other players or representatives of Muse Games, including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, real-world location, or contact information, or share or publicize private communications, including DMs/PMs or private chatlogs, without their express consent.
- You may not impersonate any other player or a representative of Muse Games, including using similar or identical user or character names or misappropriating tags meant to identify community ambassadors or Muse Games employees, in an attempt to confuse, mislead, or deceive others.
We want Guns of Icarus Online to be a safe and fun space for everyone. Guns of Icarus Online is played by people from different countries around the world. People may disagree about what names are offensive and a name that is not offensive to you may be very offensive to another player. When creating character, ship, or clan names for Guns of Icarus Online, it is encouraged that you select a name that reflects the theme of the game. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to character, ship, and/or clan names.
We do not permit names that:
1. Include profanity.
2. Have offensive racial, ethnic, or national connotations.
3. Include hate speech or bigoted slurs.
4. Reference sexual acts or real-life violence.
5. Are pornographic.
6. Make inappropriate references to anatomy or bodily functions.
7. Reference illegal activities.
8. Include or resemble the real names or handles of Muse Games employees or representatives.
9. Include or resemble official roles (Muse, GM, Mod, etc.) such that they might mislead or confuse.
10. Use misspellings or alternative spellings of names that violate any of the above rules.
Names restricted by this policy will generally be subject to these restrictions, no matter whether the names are inappropriate in English or any other language.
If a name is reported to us and is found to be in violation of the guidelines above, we will reset the offending name(s) and you will be issued a warning. Repeated violations may lead to temporary or permanent account suspension, at our discretion.
This policy may not cover all inappropriate or disallowed names. We reserve the right to reject any name we conclude is indecent, obscene, offensive or otherwise violates our naming policy or the Guns of Icarus Online Community Standards.
We generally will change names only when they violate this policy or our User Agreement. You can rename yourself at any time by going to social in the top left of the main menu. You may rename yourself twice for free and after that there will be a small charge.
This is to promote players becoming a more permanent feature in the community and to treat their name with respect.
Violations of the Guns of Icarus Online Community Standards can be reported by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.