Author Topic: Captains to be able to kick players off of ships.  (Read 31111 times)

Offline Sir Hawkeye

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Captains to be able to kick players off of ships.
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 12:04:36 am »
I agree with the near certain overuse of a kick button that some people will use for the wrong reasons, maybe a system where 3/4 members of the crew need to agree to the kick or maybe even 3/4 or 5/6 captains etc, I only say this as I had a guy join and just jump off my ship all game yelling "weeeeeeee" in the chat, still won but it sure did not help. Maybe just a way to downvote people so that they can be alerted to CA members or something where they can either be helped or politely disciplined depending on what is needed.

Sir Hawkeye

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 01:20:28 am »
For behavior problems i have a new solution. Tarcide your ship till they leave. I've made this my new policy.

Sure you could take the ship and run away. Trouble is more often than not they'll amuse themselves on the guns. That lures enemies and gives them free kills. Tarcide takes that away and forces them to leave as they realize they can't ruin your game.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:23:27 am by Gilder »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 02:37:27 am »
please make this kick button reality.

reasons why you should make this reality:

1. Who likes having stubborn little kids on their ship?
2. If the person doesnt speak english and just goes gunning with a pilot class.
3. Captain Phoenix.
4. When you notice there is a screamer (random guy who flames or screams all over the chat).
5. When you have a Wanna-be-cool-kid (thinks hes cool and pro, but guess what its just talk and no balls)
6. When you have a White-kid-who-wanna-be-black-rapper (no comment needed on that)
7. When you have a little cursing brat on your ship (GTFO!)
8. When people on your ship start to speak russian and dont understand a word english (same with other languages)
9. Stalkers!
10. When someone is so bad that you want to cry in a corner and that same person wants to fly with you again.

Offline Sir Hawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 02:52:07 am »

3. Captain Phoenix.
4. When you notice there is a screamer (random guy who flames or screams all over the chat).
5. When you have a Wanna-be-cool-kid (thinks hes cool and pro, but guess what its just talk and no balls)
6. When you have a White-kid-who-wanna-be-black-rapper (no comment needed on that)
8. When people on your ship start to speak russian and dont understand a word english (same with other languages)
9. Stalkers!
10. When someone is so bad that you want to cry in a corner and that same person wants to fly with you again.

Most of these problems could be solves with a "mute" button instead of kicking people, furthermore

1) try talking to them and explain in a calm and concise manner why you want them to do something.

2) Try looking up a translator on the internet and message them during the wait for the next game

3) Don't understand this sorry

4) See mute button idea

5) See mute button idea

6) See mute button idea

7) See mute button idea

8) See translator option, you can't just kick someone based on their native tongue!

9) Try blocking them in the social section and then just ignore them, if you are an adult you should be able to put up with this.

10) Why not try helping that person and teaching them so that they improve and then you will want them to fly with you again.

Think positive  :)

Your list did not make you seem smarter than anyone else, I did mine in a list to show you that.  :)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 03:01:05 am »

3. Captain Phoenix.
9. Stalkers!

Most of these problems could be solves with a "mute" button instead of kicking people, furthermore

1) try talking to them and explain in a calm and concise manner why you want them to do something.

2) Try looking up a translator on the internet and message them during the wait for the next game

3) Don't understand this sorry

4) See mute button idea

5) See mute button idea

6) See mute button idea

7) See mute button idea

8) See translator option, you can't just kick someone based on their native tongue!

9) Try blocking them in the social section and then just ignore them, if you are an adult you should be able to put up with this.

10) Why not try helping that person and teaching them so that they improve and then you will want them to fly with you again.

Think positive  :)

Your list did not make you seem smarter than anyone else, I did mine in a list to show you that.  :)

2) i dont have time getting a translator up in-game

4/5/6/7) muting them doesnt change their attitude

Offline Sir Hawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 03:03:26 am »
Try looking up a translator on the internet and message them during the wait for the next game

4/5/6/7 Just kicking them won't change their attitude either, if they are trolling purposely then it will only encourage them, maybe report them to a CA mod?

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 03:06:32 am »
I think kicking them is a bad idea, but I'm not looking up a translator.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2013, 03:07:18 am »
im not really interested in learning 6 new languages.
why would you give those trolling guys a chance to get in your game, this will let them troll you and have their fun as they grab a gun and dont shoot at all. this way you would be encouraging them. offcourse you can report them but before that you are stuck with them.

Offline Sir Hawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2013, 03:12:00 am »
The only problem with kicking people is that you assume that only people who are justified to kick people will, what about the same trolls who will undoubtedly start up games as captains and then proceed to kick whole crews from games, I agree there needs to be a way to handle disruptive trolls but I do not see a kick button working very well, unless like I said earlier was based on a majority vote of either crew or captains in the game.

I also do not mind people not looking up a translator I just don't think people who speak another language should be kicked if that is the only reason that they would be kicked, just like I would not expect myself to be kicked if I do not speak, for example, Russian.

While I am very new to this community I do not think that the proposed "kick" button would be a healthy move for it.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2013, 03:15:57 am »
true

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 10:43:46 am »
You guys are missing out on major goi fun by not using google translate. You should all crew on my ship when I try to speak Russian.

It was funny the other day though when someone pretended they could only speak portuguese, which I understand and speak to degree.  When I started replying to him, he was like ok ok I speak English.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2013, 04:46:25 pm »

There is a mute button. It's labelled "Block [player name]"