Author Topic: The Wall [v2]  (Read 57836 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 04:12:01 pm »
I challenge the wall to a game of go. I find a black stone and place it on tengen because screw the corner openings :P. I promise the wall I will be back shortly and run to grab a cup of Earl Grey. I love Earl Grey and tea pairs well with a thinking person's game.

Status of the board:

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 04:47:41 pm »
I am a little heartbroken at the wall not noticing me, but i refuse to give up.  I tape the letter to the wall and then proceed to write, an even more heartfelt one to deliver.  I will make wall-senpai notice me!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 10:15:13 pm »
I slide upon the ground in my pie tin, to help build the field hospital, somehow.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 10:27:27 am »
End of Turn 4

Naoura
After gaining another new lump on your head, you venture out to gather more scrap. weaving in and out of the debris. The wall attempts to give you yet another lump but misses in the attempt.

Ongoing Action: Something
Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 79/100

Guagadu
You decide that now is the perfect time to attack! You launch your boat and assign your sole engineer to man the guns! You unleash a torrent of lead and explosives. The wall shakes from the impact, however when the smoke clears, the wall still remains. In response, the wall showers the Stormbreaker with bricks. One strikes you in the knee.

Damage Dealt: 1393
Damage Taken: 10
HP: 78/100

Huskarr
As you continue constructing your trebuchet, a distinct mumbling can be heard discussing what would happen if a person would cross over to the other side of the wall. The wall is not concerned, for no man or machine has yet been able cross over to the other side. The wall takes this opportunity to remind Huskarr that even though he's still behind cover, the wall can still lob a boulder over it to hit him in the head.

Ongoing Action: Building a Trebuchet
Damage Taken: 11
HP: 89/100

The Mann
The wall is still focusing all of its attention on your totem pole. As you are digging your hole, the wall chucks several small bricks in the totem pole's direction.

HP: 95/100

Richard LeMoon
A carrier pigeon suddenly lands on top of the cover, and delivers a message. As it begins its journey north, the wall fires a brick, and hits the pigeon squarely. There was no saving the bird.

HP 100/100

Queso
The wall accepts your challenge, however is upset that there was no attempt to Nigiri. In response, it throws a white pebble onto the 3-4 point, and then chuck a brick at your head. Luckily, you were able to duck behind cover, however things are starting to get cramped now with the trebuchet almost complete.

HP: 100/100
State of the board:

Luharis
As you tape your letter to the wall, an aura can be seen spreading out from the letter. The wall still does not notice you, however it feels refreshed, and could take on the world.

Piemanlives
You decide that your efforts would be best suited to assist in the building of the field hospital. With your help, you were able to complete the hospital ahead of schedule! The wall is jealous of your achievement, and tries to spoil your mood with a brick. Unfortunately, the brick falls short of its mark.

Achievement: "Expediter"

Cover
Provides +5 to defense for anyone standing behind it. Can hold up to 3 people.

Totem Pole
A decorative stick. Taunts the wall to attack it instead of The Mann
HP: 14/30
Status: Can be added to, however going too high could topple the entire thing. Building higher may produce different effects.

Tea Stand
serves a gentlemanly brew to everyone for 5 cents. Gives a +2 to accuracy for 1 turn. In time, other brews can be served here.

Stormbreaker
Pilot: Guagadu
Engineer: AI Engineer (increases the number of times the Stormbreaker can be used before breaking. AI is less effective than a real player. Can be replaced by a real player later on)
Status: Can be used next turn. Additional crew members can modify how useful this ship is. To crew, you will need to use an action to board the ship and declare your class (gunner/engineer) Pilot will determine when to attack. The pilot cannot attack if there are crew boarding. Ship can hold 4 people
Remaining Uses: 4/5

Trebuchet
Flings rocks at desired target.

Field Hospital
Heals a player for 5 HP per turn. The wall cannot target a player in the hospital.

Luharis' Love Note
Provides +5 HP per turn to the wall.

The Wall

HP: 1998588/2000000

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 12:30:20 pm »
After attaching the second more heartfelt letter to the wall, I decide that I need a new plan to get wall-senpai to notice me.  I gather the materials to create a wonderful bento.  Surely this'll work!

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 02:22:10 pm »
*Quickly drags the scrap metal and scrap components back behind cover, working the engine back to life and beginning the firt hints of what it is to become*

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 02:53:10 pm »
I continue attacking, telling my AI, who I have named "Chuck"  to aim for the source of the constant rocks flying at us.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2016, 04:52:09 pm »
I decide to start building a hybrid recruitment station/sports bar and grill, to attract A.I. and provide food at an affordable price.

I also begin to plan how to destroy Luharis' note.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2016, 04:58:39 pm »
I hurry back to my cover after being hit by the brick. I decide to use it and a Piece of Luharis Bento Box when it is finally finished. I tink about a Name while I finish my Tebuchet and staying in cover as good as possible. Once I finish my Trebuchet I proclame loudly: "This Trebuchet shall be called 'the Love-rock-thrower'."

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2016, 10:46:38 pm »
*Rubs Head after being struck by boulder*

"How does a Wall throw Bricks and Boulders at us?
aren't they a part of the wall?
Is it slowly taking itself apart in order to hurt us? That seems counterproductive."

Well, I need my own wall.
*starts using a Large Hammer out to knock out some bricks out of the wall.*
It probably dosen't need these bricks. Its killing itself anyway.

Offline D.Strought

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2016, 08:38:32 am »
*Now that the fieldhospital is ready I join Guagadu's Stormbreaker as Engineer/Medic depending on who needs the heal more (Guagadu or the Stormbreaker)*

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2016, 09:40:46 am »
Loving the fact, the wall loves Mann's totem pole, Mann decides to draw a totem pole on a poster. After completing the masterpiece, Mann places the totem poster on the wall with the hope that the wall will love it.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 10:38:22 am »
A tendril of thick, black smoke can just barely be seen snaking over the horizon to the north as another, more dapper pigeon flies in, drops a note, and tips its hat to the Wall before taking flight back towards the north.

The note reads: Two ticks.

(The happening to the north is in a dangerous stage where something could go wrong and set it back a turn)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2016, 08:14:16 pm »
I play 16L and begin to construct some cover for myself within reach of, but not blocking, the goban.

"I wonder if white will favor solid connections this game. Seems like the type that would like good strong walls." I think to myself.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2016, 09:54:50 pm »
I decide to begin building a small construction yard to speed up construction on other projects.