Author Topic: The Wall [v2]  (Read 57221 times)

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 11:39:32 am »
While waiting for some brave crew members, I begin making cookies to attract potential crew.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 11:51:58 am »
*I run behind cover and start constructing a trebuchet. I try to stay behind cover as long as possible, leaving it when it is nescessary.*

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 01:00:09 pm »
I thank the glorious wall for its contribution towards the totem pole, I move the totem nearer to the cover and begin building higher - with an attached brick at the top.

"Hopefully this amazing totem pole will please *cough* and confuse the majesty"

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 01:05:34 pm »
*Angrily rubs the spot that was hit with the rock and curses the wall with a string of flowery and explosive profanity, dragging the engine behind cover, continuing to work on the engine with an increasingly louder banging and mechanical noises, apologizing every so often to Huskarr for the noise*
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:08:48 pm by Naoura »

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 02:57:54 pm »
I run behind cover and start carving pieces to make a game of Go.

Offline D.Strought

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 05:06:21 pm »
*I start constructing a provisional field hospital for my combatants, in the safest spot I can find*

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
*ShadedExalt has logged in!*

Woah, what the hell is going on here?

...Someone care to explain where my Magnate is?

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 07:39:40 pm »
*Skymonger has logged in*
*Pitches a tent and begins drawing on the wall out of boredom*

"Who the hell built you? And what is your purpose wall? Surely an existence as permanent as you knows why you are here?"

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 09:11:56 pm »
[A wild Luharis Appeared!]

I find the wall awe-inspiring and awesome.

I decide to write a confession letter to the wall, and hope to get accepted by wall-pai.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 09:45:25 am »
End of Turn 3

Guagadu
As the smell of your cookies permeate throughout the area, it does not appear to have enticed any players to accompany you on what many assume to be a suicide mission. On the verge of tears, you suddenly spot an odd looking lump not to far off in the sand. on further investigation, you find that an AI engineer had previously fallen off of its original ship, and was stuck in the sand until you freed it. Having nothing better to do, the engineer joins your crew. The wall was jealous of this heartwarming moment, and decided to chuck a brick your way. Luckily you were able to dodge it in the nick of time.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 88/100

Huskarr
As you hurriedly make your way behind cover, you suddenly get some inspiration! What better way to defeat a rock throwing wall is there than throwing those rocks right back at it?!?! You begin your construction of the trebuchet (will be ready turn 6), starting with the small mechanisms first. Knowing that you will need to soon venture out of cover in order to continue construction. The wall desires to be the only thing that can throw rocks, and tosses a large boulder your way. The impact shakes the cover you were hiding behind.

Ongoing Action: Building a trebuchet
HP: 100/100

The Mann
The impact from the brick seems to have caused some form of head trauma. After thanking the wall for bludgeoning you, you get to work incorporating the brick into your extension of the totem pole. A stick is a stick, and there is no way the wall could be confused by it, however the wall does not like the totem getting this tall, and decides to target it instead of you.

HP: 95/100

Naoura
Over all the commotion, suddenly a long string of curses that would make a grown sailor cry could be heard by everyone. Mouths drop, and eyes find Naoura dragging the squid engine over to cover. As you're hitting the engine with your spanner, you stand up to apologize to Huskarr for the noise. Unfortuantely, the wall takes this moment to lob a brick in your direction.

Ongoing Action: Something
Damage Taken: 5
HP: 79/100

Queso
With the Squid engine, and the trebuchet parts, you are just barely able to fit behind cover. You gather up some Kaya wood, and begin to fashion a go board. The wall enjoys this game, and decides to toss 361 black and white stones your way. The stones gather up in a nice pile beside you, however you will have to separate the black and the white stones yoursel

HP: 92/100
Inventory: Go set

D.Strought
You glance around and notice several of your fellow combatants have some scrapes and bruises forming from all the brick (maybe even a mild concussion in The Mann's case). You decide that now is the time to begin construction on a field hospital (will be ready turn 6). Unfortunately, there is no "safe" place available, and the wall chucks a brick your way for even trying to find one.

Ongoing Action: Building a field hospital
Damage Taken: 8

ShadedExalt
As you log in, the vast wall is the first thing you see. it's sheer size makes it difficult to determine how far off it is in the distance. You see your magnate over to the right. Suddenly the sky grows dark, and before you can figure out why, a large boulder strikes you. The wall has welcomed you to the game.

Damage Taken: 10
HP: 90/100

Skymonger
As you enter, you decide to erect a tent, and begin to draw on the wall. As you draw, you begin to ask the wall questions. In response, the wall decides to pelt your tent with bricks leaving it in shambles, and then lob a rock at your head. It knows that it's purpose is to prevent anyone from getting past it, and could care less about who built it.

Damage Taken: 8

Luharis
Suddenly, you pop out from the tall grass, and immediately want to fight someone. As you look for an opponent, your eyes lock on to the glorious wall. You fall in love at first sight, and decide to write a letter expressing your love. The wall fails to notice you.

HP: 100/100

Cover
Provides +5 to defense for anyone standing behind it. Can hold up to 3 people.

Totem Pole
A decorative stick. Taunts the wall to attack it instead of The Mann
HP: 22/30
Status: Can be added to, however going too high could topple the entire thing. Building higher may produce different effects.

Tea Stand
serves a gentlemanly brew to everyone for 5 cents. Gives a +2 to accuracy for 1 turn. In time, other brews can be served here.

Stormbreaker
Pilot: Guagadu
Engineer: AI Engineer (increases the number of times the Stormbreaker can be used before breaking. AI is less effective than a real player. Can be replaced by a real player later on)
Status: Can be used next turn. Additional crew members can modify how useful this ship is. To crew, you will need to use an action to board the ship and declare your class (gunner/engineer) Pilot will determine when to attack. The pilot cannot attack if there are crew boarding. Ship can hold 4 people

Trebuchet
Flings rocks at desired target.

Field Hospital
Heals a player for 5 HP per turn. The wall cannot target a player in the hospital.

The Wall
HP:1999976/2000000

Offline Naoura

• Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 10:04:25 am »
*Rubs my head after the impact, growling and going low to dive out from behind cover, grabbing any and all metal material I can get my hands on, hiding behind the downed Squid every so often to make it harder for the Wall to hit*

Offline Guagadu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 10:23:12 am »
I take off in my Stormbreaker, angrily scolding the wall for being such a mean wall, and giving the AI Engineer instructions to fire any guns it can at whatever mechanism it is the wall is using to hurl these rocks and bricks at us, in an attempt to disable it. I pray to the Howard and to the Skywhale that this AI engineer is of the smart-ish variety.

Offline Huskarr

• Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2016, 12:31:07 pm »
*I continue building the Trebuchet, but I start mumbling to myself.*
"A walls purpose is to stop people and things from changing their location to whatever is on the other side. Since this wall at least appears to be sentient, would it have an accidental crisis if it were to fail in its purpose? Would it colapse in itself if one were to dig a tunnel under the wall or fly over it?"
*I shrug since I have no one that could answer this question, and I am too lazy to find out myself. I continue constructing my Trebuchet with extra effort.*

Offline The Mann

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2016, 01:33:44 pm »
*Upon seeing the glorious wall contribute to the construction of the totem pole, I see huskarr building another totem pole / love letter throwing device.  I begin to dig a hole in the ground*

"The glorious totem pole requires deeper foundations to remain strong!"

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2016, 03:59:08 pm »
A carrier pigeon flies in from the north and drops a note. It turns around and starts flying back north.

Anyone reading the note will see: In three ticks, look to the north.