Author Topic: The Wall [v2]  (Read 8376 times)

Offline Shinkurex

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • 45 
    • 20
    • 43 
    • View Profile
The Wall [v2]
« on: November 07, 2016, 11:22:28 am »
Time to resurrect an old game brought to us by Oliver Colt. (https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3284.0.html)

The Wall

The rules:
  • The Wall is a sentient object. It will attack you (only in turns in which you're doing an action, to avoid killing someone who didn't check the thread for a while) and fight back.
  • You guys have to post the one action you'd like to do in the ongoing turn (it can be silly but keep it realistic, remember you're just a bunch of mortals attacking a superior being).
  • Each turn ends when I post the results of your actions (I'll post about other things too but the turn doesn't end until I post stats and such).
  • The Wall starts with 2000000 hp (cause it's the second iteration of the wall  ;)).
  • Each player starts with 100 hp.
  • A normal attack takes only 1 turn, even if you need to go to your in-game home to get that water balloon you'll throw at the Wall.
  • Larger attacks may take 2 turns (and unless it's really massive it shouldn't take more than that).
  • Other actions like getting an object to protect yourself will take 1 turn but don't allow you to attack in that same turn.
  • Other other actions like learning a specialization or building something will take you from 1 to 3 turns in which you can't attack the Wall but the Wall can attack you, and in the end they may give you bonuses or speed up some actions.
  • The outcome of your actions will be determined by my dice.
  • Feel free to bring your favorite ship!
  • If you die you can take 1 turn to revive, but you get -1 max hp for every death.
  • If you die completely you get to start over like a new player because why not xD
*Stolen from the first wall

If there need to be any Rule addition/changes, I will make those at the end of each turn, and they will be in effect at the start of the next


The Wall
HP: 2000000
Status: Daring any and all challengers to face it!


To join in, say you're joining, and what your first action will be for turn 1. Have fun!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 11:24:05 am by Shinkurex »

Offline Guagadu

  • Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • 16 
    • 45
    • 28 
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 12:57:38 pm »
Guagadu: Guagadu logged in

I walk up to the wall to ask it a question: "Did Mexico pay for your construction?"

Offline Naoura

  • Member
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • 31 
    • 45
    • 32 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 03:20:49 pm »
*Naoura has joined*

*slowly moves towards The Wall, using a long stick and poking it several times*

Offline Huskarr

  • Member
  • Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • 32 
    • 45
    • 42 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »
*I step out of my time machine and watch it deatomize behind me.*

*I take a good look at the wall and build myself a piece of cover.*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • 31 
    • 44
    • 45 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »
*RearAdmiralZill has joined*

*I walk up to the wall and give it a searing glare.*

Offline The Mann

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • 40 
    • 45
    • 45 
    • View Profile
    • An album project I am working on.
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »
*The Mann arrives into the frey*

*I walk to the wall and give it a nice warm, loving hug*

Offline Piemanlives

  • Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • 20
    • 16 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 10:44:14 pm »
*Pieman pops out of the oven*

"Oh this can't end well."

*Gives the wall fearful gaze*

Offline Shinkurex

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • 45 
    • 20
    • 43 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 11:41:20 am »
End of Turn 1

Guagadu
You pose your question to the wall. As you finish your question, you see the wall shudder as it contemplates its creator. The wall has become confused, as there is no nation known as "Mexico" in Guns of Icarus. The wall attempts to throw a brick at you, but hurts itself in its confusion.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 100/100

Naoura
You look around you for something long and pointy, and finally settle on a long stick that could have once been a part of a squid that had previously attempted to fly over the wall. You approach the wall and start to poke it with your stick. Unfortunately, the unending heat has made the stick brittle, and it breaks on impact. The wall is currently confused, but was able to hurl a brick at you. Striking you in the abdomen.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 7
HP: 93/100

Huskarr
You emerge from your time machine to gaze upon the glorious wall. You immediately know that this wall means business, and begin constructing some basic defensive positions (this will be ready by turn 3). The Wall is currently confused. It lobs 3 stones your way in an attempt to disrupt your building. Instead, it has helped by increasing the size of your defensive construct, thus allowing more people to take cover behind it.

Ongoing Action: Building "Cover"
Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 100/100

RearAdmiralZill
You brazenly approach the wall, and prepare your most devastating glare. As your eyes narrow, you start to see the wall shudder as if it's uncomfortable by your gaze. Several large bricks become dislodged from the wall, and fall on your head.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 11
HP: 89/100

The Mann
As you fix your eyes upon the wall an immediate fondness wells up within you, and you are compelled to run up to the wall and give it a big hug. Unfortunately, you do not look where you are going, and end up hugging Guagadu instead. The wall is still confused, It hurts itself in its confusion.

Piemanlives
Your crust was about to become that golden brown that all pie men wish they had, when you were so rudely ejected from your oven. In a fit of rage, you spin around to see what has caused you this insult, and lay eyes upon a wall as far as the eye can see. Fear can clearly be seen in your eyes, as you know from your past experience that things are about to get ugly. The wall senses a moment of deja vu, and tries to hurl a boulder at you. Unfortunately, in its confusion, it hits itself instead.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 100/100

Other Damage

Confusion Damage: 24



Cover
Provides +5 to defense for anyone standing behind it. Can hold up to 3 people.
Status: Under construction until turn 3



The Wall

HP: 1999976/2000000
Status: Has snapped out of its confusion, and is now self-conscious of all the people looking at it.


Offline Huskarr

  • Member
  • Salutes: 29
    • [Rydr]
    • 32 
    • 45
    • 42 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 11:48:43 am »
*Huskarr continues building the cover and starts humming badly to an imaginary tune.*

Offline The Mann

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 146
    • [Cake]
    • 40 
    • 45
    • 45 
    • View Profile
    • An album project I am working on.
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 11:49:50 am »
After mistakenly hugging guagadu, I stare at the glorious wall once more.

I begin making a totem pole of his greatness, the wall.

Offline D.Strought

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • 21 
    • 45
    • 25 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 11:51:00 am »
*D.Strought arrives *
*starts brewing tea for everyone*

Offline Guagadu

  • Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 16
    • [Grim]
    • 16 
    • 45
    • 28 
    • View Profile
    • Guagadu: Twitch
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 12:23:13 pm »
I begin to search for a Stormbreaker and a crew to fly at the wall.

Offline Naoura

  • Member
  • Salutes: 25
    • [Sass]
    • 31 
    • 45
    • 32 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 12:28:07 pm »
*Grunts from the impact, falling flat on the floor and trying to catch my breath, eventually clambering back up and considering the busted engine of said squid, drawing a spanner and laughing quietly*

Offline Queso

  • Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • 13
    • 25 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 06:42:51 pm »
*Queso opens his eyes. He feels tall and broad. Moreso than usual. He looks down and sees half a dozen tiny people running around making some sort of preparations. Queso realizes he cannot move. He hears a voice, not from outside, but from seemingly nowhere. Almost as if it were in his head.*

"Oy, git outta my bricks!" says the wall.

"I just woke up here." says Queso.

"You woke up and just happened to find you now exist inside a sentient wall?" said the wall, sounding concerned, angry, and even more confused than the relative calm Queso.

"Oh did I end up in the pit again? Figures."

"The what?"

"Oh, it's uhh... well... you're in a thread right now... but ya know, I think this might be a little too meta this early in the game. Tell Shink I said hi if you see him. I'll just let you ponder the nature of your own existence in peace. "

"Wait, no get back here!" said the wall angrily.

*Queso contemplates other ways to discourage the moral of the wall. Or maybe he wants to fight for the wall. "A heel turn might be fun too" he thinks to himself. "Only time will really tell"*

Offline Shinkurex

  • CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • 45 
    • 20
    • 43 
    • View Profile
Re: The Wall [v2]
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 10:12:49 am »
End of Turn 2

Huskarr
As you toil away with your construct, an eerie tune starts to emanate out from you. No one knows what it is you are trying to hum, but they are all unnerved by it, and decide to give you some space. As your tune comes to an end, the final piece of your construct is put into it's place. Success! however The Wall is not impressed, and chucks a brick your way. Luckily, it just barely missed, but it reminds you that you should probably get behind your cover as soon as you can.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 100/100

The Mann
As you disengage from your misplaced hug, you continue to gaze upon the walls greatness. Inspiration suddenly strikes, and you decide what's better than a wall? That's right, a wall with a totem pole. You begin to construct your totem. For now, the size of the totem pales in comparison to the immense size of the wall. You may be able to build your totem even taller, however you fear the wind might knock it over. The wall sends a brick your way, as it's an equal opportunity bludgeoner.

Ongoing Action: Building a totem pole
Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 5
HP: 95/100

D.Strought
You arrive in a coach, and begin to construct a tea stand for the other people around you (will be ready next turn). You craft a sign that reads "Earl Grey: 5¢". The Wall prefers Chai, and lobs a brick your way in protest. Fortunately, the brick falls just 1 inch to your right.

Ongoing Action: Building a tea stand
Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 0
HP: 100/100

Guagadu
It doesn't take you long to find a serviceable stormbreaker, however a crew brave enough to face the wall has become a challenge. You may be able to fly the ship yourself, however you might not be able to effectively damage the wall without a crew. The wall sees you as a threat, and decides to lob a large boulder your way.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 12
HP: 88/100

Naoura
After your failed attempt to poke the wall to death, you look around your environment, and see the remains of a squid engine. A maniacal laugh can be heard, as you approach the engine, and begin whacking it with a spanner. The wall doesn't like you keeping secrets from it, and decides to throw a rock your way.

Ongoing Action: Something
Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 9
HP: 84/100

Queso
Collectively, everyone feels a sense of uneasiness, as the wall appears to have grown silent, as if it were talking to itself. After a while, a person can be seen emerging from the wall. Unsure of who this person is, the participants decide to give Queso a wide berth. The wall Throws a brick in the newcomers direction, as even Muse gods have to get past the second wall before they can even attempt to break the fourth.

Damage Dealt: 0
Damage Taken: 8
HP: 92/100



Cover
Provides +5 to defense for anyone standing behind it. Can hold up to 3 people.
Status: Ready for use. 0/3 Occupants

Totem Pole
A decorative stick
Status: Can be added to, however going too high could topple the entire thing. Building higher may produce different effects.

Tea Stand
serves a gentlemanly brew to everyone for 5 cents. Gives a +2 to accuracy for 1 turn. In time, other brews can be served here.
Status: Ready for use. Currently serving Earl Grey.

Stormbreaker
Pilot: Guagadu
Status: Can be used next turn. Additional crew members can modify how useful this ship is. To crew, you will need to use an action to board the ship and declare your class (gunner/engineer) Pilot will determine when to attack. The pilot cannot attack if there are crew boarding. Ship can hold 4 people



The Wall

HP: 1999976/2000000
Status: Trying to get Huskarr's tune out of its head