Author Topic: The problem with new player expectations in one image.  (Read 17506 times)

Offline Clockeye

• Salutes: 2
    • [@]
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with new player expectations in one image.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2016, 09:08:47 am »
Just becouse its not easy, it doesnt mean its inpossible to be an epic engie xD
Surely, its damn stressfull to be running around, whacking the damn hull and racing with the enemy gunner, hoping he runs out of stamina before you.

But hey, no other class gets that feeling when you manage to keep the ship in one piece and it escapes 3v1 fight with no overall damage. Then your captain says audibly. "Woah, I have no idea how we pulled that out"
But YOU know who really saved the crew.
YOU know who is a real hero without a cape.
And for that very moment... you are a champion.

Of course that moment last few seconds, becouse a captain gets bored of just flying and starts playing with Moon or Phoenix again, just so you dont stand there doing nothing...

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 09:26:35 am »
Ok.

Now shot in footage in a way anyone else could get to feel the same rush.

Offline Clockeye

• [@]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 09:29:23 am »
Alright.
THAT would require a lot of Hans Zimmer soundtracks.

Offline Skymonger

• Salutes: 22
    • [◥ɸ◤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 11:58:19 pm »
Is it exciting or is it painful? It may be because of my notable experience of mainly playing this role, but for me it's mostly painful and dull. At some point you know your limits, you reach you skill ceiling and thing becomes a chore. Just because it's stressful doesn't mean it's exciting. More importantly, it's not FUN.

At this point, im not sure what to tell you, its an emotional thing that comes from experience after all.
I can't just say, "oh you have to find the right people to play with" or "how bout experimenting with new things"  because both are probably just bandaids you tried anyway and they fell off pretty quickly.

To me, the stress and Chaos when I engi for a good captain against Good enemies is what makes my job as an Engineer exciting.
To you, its just another match because you been through the same thing so many times.
Ill probably get to your point after 1 or 2 thousand matches.

Things just get old when you do the same thing over and over, be it food, games, sex, or Work.
The only thing that would fix that is just new content.
Something i hope muse gets around doing soon.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 05:58:00 pm »
Perhaps we need a sort of a TF2 "Meet the [class]" type of video series.

Offline Clockeye

• [@]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 06:58:47 pm »
Perhaps we need a sort of a TF2 "Meet the [class]" type of video series.

THAT.... so much into that...

*Anglean engineer sitting on the frozen skyscrapper*
Livin in the north? Not bad at all. There are ups and downs, but it's overall not bad.
Like yesterday, only 30 of our man frostbitten their toes. Can you imagine? Just 30! Such lucky day.
Yeah, I'm really not-suffering lately."

Offline vandalism

• Salutes: 0
    • [RPR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 03:57:34 pm »
I really like piloting in this game. Never got to gun much, and don't care much for engineering. Level 33 pilot, 14 engineer, 7 gunner. I like to think of engineers as healers, gunners as dps. The problem is, I like playing healers in other games. So I don't know where things go wrong as engineer. Staring at the components and doing the same smashing of the bits gets old to me.

It may be better in alliance mode, who knows. Hope so.

I have thought that things might be better if this game was just pilot and gunner and AI handled the repairs. This way more pilots and gunners would play. Bigger matches with like 8+ ships would be sweet.