Author Topic: Hwatcha Nerf  (Read 22136 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Hwatcha Nerf
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 08:29:39 pm »
GOIO isn't hard. The artemis is simple to master with its perfectly straight shot at 575 m/s. The average first person shooter player has no problem with the "hard" guns like hades and lumberjack. We even say that the hardest gun is the mine launcher which only requires two skills: knowing ranges and leading 3 seconds. You don't even have to hit them! Mines impact 20 meters away which is almost 2/3 the length of a squid...
Difficulty in this game is vastly overstated

Artemis isn't good at killing. Over 40% of the time is spent reloading which gives it only 38.3 hull dps. Mobula hull takes 5 seconds to rebuild so your effective damage per armor break is less than 200 vs a mob. I bring artemis on only one of my common played builds (hwatcha spire) because its so poor at killing. But its great at disabling
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:41:48 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline nhbearit

• Salutes: 27
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 12:25:20 am »
The trick with Artemis is how many you can bring to bear. There are definitely better weapons to outright kill. The Artemis shines because its reliable (its so easy to hit you can expect to get close to max dps, dpc, dpb etc..) and because it's easy to get into arc. And once you get three or four of them on a target, the enemy ship is so disabled you have all the time you need to kill them. That's why hades/double Artemis is such a scary combination.

Offline Dawson the Wizard

• Salutes: 3
    • [ARSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 07:29:05 pm »
+100

This is an awesome idea, Dr Tentacles