Author Topic: I am begging, please add minimum level requirements to pilot...  (Read 137071 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: I am begging, please add minimum level requirements to pilot...
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »
I'm unsure where I sit with this idea...

Novice players taking the helm without even having done the tutorial is a bug enough problem by itself to merit something being looked at being done, let alone the volume of players who have done the tutorial but still go into a match and rage quit after first death... (Which happens very often, I've not had a day yet where there was not at least one novice lobby where I could take the helm of an abandoned ship...)

However many people join the game to fly ships, it seems a bit unfair on those people...

And and I think if any restriction were to come, it should only be engineer related restriction....

In no way is there any need to encourage people to take gunners instead of engineer... We don't need anymore double gunner trolls than we already have...

Offline Giersdorf

• Salutes: 0
    • [♦]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2016, 09:58:27 pm »
I'm new and I have done the tutorial, I am no where near the ability needed to fly effectively yet. I believe there are some achievements that involve having a novice as a captain so this may not work as easily as one would think. I could get behind this idea but there would have to be some sort of thing to turn it off in your lobby.

Offline BobDoleReigns

• Salutes: 4
    • [HIV-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2016, 12:24:33 am »
Bamp

This is getting out of hand... muse you have created a unique monster- literally this game is being ruined by new players.

also mandatory tutorial- "I know what i'm doing this is like tf2 on boats"- said not more than 5 minutes ago

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2016, 05:18:28 am »
I need to rant. This is my safe place.

I'm so tired of teaching in this game. Because I actually CARE about this game, I'm compelled to teach new players whenever they're willing to listen... no matter how god damn awful and ignorant they are... but the problem is I AM TEACHING THEM THE MOST BASIC AND RUDIMENTARY MECHANICS OF THIS GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I am tired of it! Where are the tutorials, Muse! Where!? I'm at my wit's end. Seriously. I am tired of losing games over and over again as I try to foster and improve the player base when, to me, it appears that Muse barely cares about expanding and growing and maintaining the community. The player base should be the absolute priority in this game... and I increasingly am asking myself why I care to help this game when others, including the developers, care so much less, if at all.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:21:38 am by Atruejedi »

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2016, 05:39:25 am »
I need to rant. This is my safe place.

I'm so tired of teaching in this game. Because I actually CARE about this game, I'm compelled to teach new players whenever they're willing to listen... no matter how god damn awful and ignorant they are... but the problem is I AM TEACHING THEM THE MOST BASIC AND RUDIMENTARY MECHANICS OF THIS GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I am tired of it! Where are the tutorials, Muse! Where!? I'm at my wit's end. Seriously. I am tired of losing games over and over again as I try to foster and improve the player base when, to me, it appears that Muse barely cares about expanding and growing and maintaining the community. The player base should be the absolute priority in this game... and I increasingly am asking myself why I care to help this game when others, including the developers, care so much less, if at all.

Please let me be the first to say: Welcome to the life of a vet.

It is in part lack of tutorials, but mostly it is the fault of the individuals or just the time it takes to get used to things for the learning process, and quite common after this amount of time after a sale is the painful time...
Where every lobby will have one novice pilot trying to learn and three vets trying to teach...
It becomes a game of "swap the stomp on rematch" or "Hey Kamoba is a CA! We can swap ships with the Novice guy and stack against Kamoba repeatedly for a fuck tonne of wins! It's his job as CA after all." (Yes genuine occurance.)

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2016, 08:29:32 am »
"Hey Kamoba is a CA! We can swap ships with the Novice guy and stack against Kamoba repeatedly for a fuck tonne of wins! It's his job as CA after all." (Yes genuine occurance.)

Did you not know what you were signing up for when you applied to be CA?  :P

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2016, 09:14:39 am »
"Hey Kamoba is a CA! We can swap ships with the Novice guy and stack against Kamoba repeatedly for a fuck tonne of wins! It's his job as CA after all." (Yes genuine occurance.)

Well I do now!
*Cries in the corner of a dimly lit room.*

Did you not know what you were signing up for when you applied to be CA?  :P

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2016, 04:11:53 pm »
I'm now of the stand that the Pilot - the most important role in the game - should be non-novice in non-novice games.

Offline Atruejedi

• Salutes: 64
    • [❤❤❤]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2016, 06:04:30 pm »
The developer games just ended for today. The second and third game in particular stand out...

In the second game, each team had experienced captains and crews EXCEPT Blue, who had a level 7 pilot level 1 engineer in charge. Want to guess the results? A horrifying 7 to 0 blowout.

In the third game, he left and I took his position. We had an amazingly tight 7 to 6 game, where Howard clearly enjoyed himself and thought it was a great game.

Muse knows there is a problem with crap pilots. So why not fix the issue? This is absurd.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »
I'm now of the stand that the Pilot - the most important role in the game - should be non-novice in non-novice games.

I support this.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2016, 07:05:32 pm »

After the bullshit lobbies of yesterday, the intentional stacks and "pass the novice" lobby games, I agree.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:51 pm »
I teach by consequence now.

When something bad happens I trace the exact source and point out every choice made by new player that resulted in the outcome.

They make excuses, shift the blame, but what I  say are undeniable facts. Add the fact that I have the footage to directly refer to afterwards make transparency kind of a thing.

If there's one thing you need to know scrubs, learn one thing. You can't lie to a veteran. We don't need to actually look at you to know what you are and aren't doing. The game itself tells us everything.

e.g. if an engine get hurts. I KNOW it only takes 1 mallet hit to bring it back up to full functionality and max 5 seconds to get to it if your role is the main and in ready position). You can't bullshit that you were busy because I can see nothing else was hurt. Hence you were dicking around somewhere else (prolly on a gun). And as the consequence of that unfixed engines begins to snowball to our death (can't stabilise the arc nor reliably dodge, and hence more crap gets broken until we eventually die). I will put out the exact cause was that one screw up. Because it was.

Never lie to vet, don't be such brat and shift blame to your own screw up, take the blame, learn the lesson and keep going until you eventually get it right.

High level players don't destroy scrubs in seconds with excuses. They do it with facts, knowledge (different to facts within context) and experience.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2016, 10:39:38 pm »
Cold bro. I wouldn't wanna be the kid trying to escape the humiliation of your wrath by swearing that I had repaired your engine... I recommend using a mouse so you can better see and direct your crew
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:44:48 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2016, 05:07:17 am »
Cold bro. I wouldn't wanna be the kid trying to escape the humiliation of your wrath by swearing that I had repaired your engine... I recommend using a mouse so you can better see and direct your crew

I remember there was a picture of someone squeezing out a lemon on a burn.
I can't find it, but it would fit.

Offline Lu Lu

• Salutes: 12
    • [zl0t]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2016, 06:26:15 am »
Well, do the ends really justify the means here? 

I get that people are sick of novices, and i understand that its a problem, but why is every solution we come up with, every idea we propose, go back to the idea that novices are terrible people with the intent the screw everyone over.

Now, I'm not sure how much sway my word will have here, as I'm far lower level than other's who are posting on this thread. but i do wish to caution everyone.  The last thing this game needs is a Vet elitism to counter novice ignorance.

Just my thoughts.