Author Topic: Actual Numbers for Gun Stats  (Read 13911 times)

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
Actual Numbers for Gun Stats
« on: April 17, 2013, 03:17:19 am »
Can't find the location or link for the table for side-by-side comparison of weapons with real numbers, not little pips. Also, is this thing updated?

Offline Captain Kookandere

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Actual Numbers for Gun Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:20:44 am »

Offline Machiavelliest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 04:53:16 am »
Saluted. I was also looking for a location that had the hit points for the actual guns and components as well. The wiki and main page don't seem to have it. Also, does the previous link reflect current game mechanics?

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:12:11 am »
Saluted. I was also looking for a location that had the hit points for the actual guns and components as well. The wiki and main page don't seem to have it. Also, does the previous link reflect current game mechanics?

I think Eric tries to keep it up-to-date as best he can.

Offline Bozel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:27:16 am »
Hello there,

On the same topic, wondering if it is possible to add more intel about guns, I think about rate of fire, recoil, accuracy, speed and fall speed of the projectile.
Also I agree with Machiavelliest, hit points of different parts would be great, currently we only know about baloons, armors and hulls, so we miss guns and engines.
Finaly, units for aoe radius and range of weapons would be fantastic.

I'm working on a guide (by the numbers) to help pilot bringing the good guns at the good places, depending on their play style.
I will put it as Steam guide and on this forum as soon as it is finished.

Thanks a lot for this wounderfull game.
With love,
Bozel.

Offline Machiavelliest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 02:49:52 am »
AoE radius is in meters.  Range is also in meters.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 04:18:22 am »
It's probably pointless to be too specific about numbers when writing a guide to effective weapons use.  The numbers aren't fixed and any guide that's too specific is likely to be out if date as soon as the next balancing patch hits the game.  The data in the table is more than enough for comparisons at the moment - and those numbers have changed since the table was first put up.

Offline Machiavelliest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 04:51:46 am »

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 03:01:28 pm »
It's probably pointless to be too specific about numbers when writing a guide to effective weapons use.  The numbers aren't fixed and any guide that's too specific is likely to be out if date as soon as the next balancing patch hits the game.  The data in the table is more than enough for comparisons at the moment - and those numbers have changed since the table was first put up.

It'd be fairly easy to ascertain those numbers just by looking at patch notes, should Muse feel like not being sadistic.  Having this stuff displayed somewhere in-game would be best, obviously, with a simple meter for new players and the hard numbers for thsoe looking to twink.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 04:55:29 pm »

It'd be fairly easy to ascertain those numbers just by looking at patch notes, should Muse feel like not being sadistic.  Having this stuff displayed somewhere in-game would be best, obviously, with a simple meter for new players and the hard numbers for thsoe looking to twink.

All very well, but is the author of a guide going to go back into it and update the numbers quoted in the guide whenever there's a patch?

It's fine to be able to refer to the table if Eric is keeping it up-to-date.  But a guide author is making a rod for their own back if they make their guide so specific as to include the numbers.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 06:16:35 pm »

All very well, but is the author of a guide going to go back into it and update the numbers quoted in the guide whenever there's a patch?

It's fine to be able to refer to the table if Eric is keeping it up-to-date.  But a guide author is making a rod for their own back if they make their guide so specific as to include the numbers.

Any advice given will quickly become out of date, numbers or not.  Those numbers decide what combinations are effective.  It's better for those guides to be able to make use of that data, to be able to label themselves as good for version 1.2 or whatever.  Withholding hard numbers won't make guides stay up to date.

Offline Bozel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 11:06:46 pm »
Well, well...

When I asked more info and numbers about guns, I does not realise that I was starting an intergalitic debate on the use of numbers into a guide.
To close this debate let's say that the universal answer is 42 so all of you are wrong.

More seriously, I'm aware that guides by the numbers can be quickly outdated, and that some people just don't like math.
But I don't care if people don't lile my guide, I'm making it mainly for myself and my friends. I will put it online because people may find it usefull.

I'm not here to ask advises  on how to make a good guide, I'm here to gather intel on the advanced mechanics of this game.

Thanks to Machiavelliest for units.
I also found rate of fire on the wiki.
Some things I forget to ask in my first message : maximum turn angle of guns, and repair "hit points" (number of hit needed to repair with a rebuild power of 1 (yeah I know rebuild power of 1 does not exist, but let's pretend)).

Offline Sakaron

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 02:44:29 am »
Right, one HP bar you see when looking at a prop is approximately 40hp from my observations.

Light engines have   :280HP
Heavy engines have:400HP

in terms of guns:
Lights Usually have 200HP
Heavy guns have:360HP

In terms of ships, the HP of the Hul and hull armour and balloon varies. So I might create a guide on the HP of these and just leave all this here.

My method was that I repaired an item with a spanner, looked at how many bars it replenished, and calculated that by multiplying the number of bars by 40, the HP repaired by the spanner in one hit.