Author Topic: Impact Bumpers  (Read 12808 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Impact Bumpers
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 11:56:05 pm »
Tar should be more deadly or cover a larger area. My days of tar were fun but it's too easy to avoid and doesn't help ships escape enough. It should atleast instantly clear spots, there was a bug where it made ships more visible.

For impact bumpers I'd say try -50% impact and less effect on engines.

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 12:02:53 am »
Possible minor buffs to non meta tools:

Chute Vent - reduce deactivation time from 3 to 2 seconds, the difference between 'hitting' the height limit and hitting the ground probably justifies giving vent finer control than hydrogen (the current differences direction aside being chute having 86% of the force effect and 86% of the damage effect and no fire ignition effect)

Impact Bumpers - Mass, drag or some other effect to add improved impact stability and possibly extra ramming impact on target ships.

Drogue Chute - maybe keep the impact effect, alternately give it drag rather than less thrust so it can be used to stop linear movement rapidly (you can get +200% linear drag from claw but compared to 300% and 1000% for the angluar effects of kerosene and moonshine its not much).

Tar - maybe move/stretch the cloud closer to the deploying ship

My usual loadout is slightly different - Kerosene, Drouge Chute, misc - but is almost as stagnant, the misc tool changes mostly based on whim rather than effect with the exception of pyra which gets claw and desert scrap which gets impact bumpers. I can't even remember how long it is since the last time Kerosene didn't occupy slot 1 of all 3 loadouts.

On a somewhat related not what about allowing parallel tool use? It would need new and unfamilar keybindings and allow pilots to self destruct the ship with even greater efficiency but combinations are a great way to increase variety. The stamina + tool and Drouge + bumpers combinations are fun allready after all.

pre Edit
Assuming the effect of chute+bumpers that i saw was real I would say -50% impact would be too high, it was very strong (situationaly) taking up 2 tool slots and giving -120% thrust, it could be absurd with only say -40% thrust.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 08:11:23 am »
What if impact bumpers instead of reducing speed directly instead increased the mass of the ship X amount or X percentage to both reduce ship speed as well as other obvious benefits for both ramming and being rammed.

Offline Frostbound

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 4
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 06:03:21 am »
I actually feel like the change to drogue chute was pretty good, the issue is that impact bumpers isnt that great in the first place. The way I think the next balance change should be done, but it won't, is that they revert one or two of the changes to heavy carro, as it is quite a lot weaker than it was before (no overbuffs though, we do not want to go back to the way the meta was with it), then buff impact bumpers, and maybe tune impact reduction on drogue to 20 or 15%. That would solve the power disparity in between bumpers and drogue, whilst still helping carro be useful

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 10:39:25 pm »
Chute is not saying it has impact resistance anymore, not sure when that changed back.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 10:47:24 pm »
It was fixed Wednesday afternoon.