Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 430046 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »
"We can make space in the transport, so far we only loaded the essentials; food, water, ammunition for the various weapons."

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2015, 09:26:02 pm »
You can almost see the explosions reflected in Carn's eye, as he envisions the dose of payback for his friend.

"Good to hear. About these mutants, any intel on the would be particularly useful. Strengths and weaknesses in particular."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2015, 09:30:58 pm »
"So far only two," starts Frey as he walks over to a cabinet, unlocks a drawer, and pulls out another document, "This is all the information that we have on the organisation, their tactics, and mutations. So far we know their heavy mutants have a reaction to copper. One round won't kill these things, so multiple shots are needed. Unless you can shoot them in the eyes, that's a soft spot."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2015, 09:32:36 pm »
"Copper? Don't heatsink rounds use a fair amount of those?"

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2015, 09:49:45 pm »
"Doesn't matter if it's heatsink, if need be we'll make our own copper rounds. We'll need to know what we're looking for out there. we can't simply go out there blind." She took the mutant file and began examining it.

"Still this is big, do we have any actual soldiers coming along, or is this all on us?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2015, 09:52:51 pm »
"I'm afraid that this is for this group, we are stretched in the north and Yesha is still recovering. Like I said, go about this as a surveying mission, we don't know how strong they are or their current whereabouts. Also, during this time try recruiting people you'll think can fight these things if you are concerned."

Looking at his watch, Enger taps Frey's shoulder.

"Commander, Xin wants us in a meeting with him in the next half hour. He wants to know how our team here is doing."

"Very well Councilman," Frey answers, to Reagan and Carn as he points to the papers, "I'll leave these here. You two get acquainted with each other, both of you will have command of this."

Following the Councilman, Frey exits the transport and back onto the street. From the table, the line has gotten longer and the stack of paper taller.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2015, 09:54:06 pm »
Carn eyes a blurry photograph of one of the mutants, then another, this a clear photo of a dead one.

"Muscular structure is different from human. It does look like they have some variation of an Achilles tendon, so if that can be severed then they should be downed."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2015, 10:02:14 pm »
"If they're based off human, which I believe thy are there should be a lot of similarities, even if they're far different to what we're used to." She flipped a page, "How susceptible to fire are they?"

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2015, 10:03:33 pm »
"Unsure, it looks like they have thickened skin. That's going to be annoying."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2015, 10:10:54 pm »
"Hmm, what about their senses? How good are they? If their eyes a weak point perhaps we can use some form of area of effect weapon, grenades perhaps. They look brutish so we'll have to careful if we engage them in close quarters."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2015, 10:11:41 pm »
"Thickened skin? Well, if any of us'd care to get up close and personal, we could make good use of blunt force trauma. Carn, you could probably use your head, but the rest of us... Given the materials, I'm sure Gaige and I could come up with some kind of hammer."

After pacing around and rambling for a while, Koali looked up.

"That is, unless that thickened skin is flabby, in which case it'll weaken the blow, necessitating some sort of cutting weapon... Oh, crap, I hope they didn't notice that I was eavesdropping..."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 10:29:20 pm by Koali »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2015, 10:14:25 pm »
"That would be my area of expertise."

Carn taps the aforementioned Achilles tendon.

"Roll behind 'em, two swings one for each tendon. Roll out of the way, then put it straight between their eyes."

He begins to scratch his head.

"A more immediate problem has occurred to me though."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2015, 10:21:51 pm »
"We have a single axe and sword between us, maybe a piercing weapon, a spear perhaps if need be. Wait when did you get here, actually never mind."

Amelia was also sitting in the corner noticed, "A friend of mine once had a saw sword, or as he called it a 'Chain Sword.' Looked kind of menacing."

Reagan raised an eye, "That... sounds interesting."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2015, 10:25:23 pm »
Carn, hears the whispering kid behind him. He quickly turns around and promptly puts him in a headlock.

"Great."

He sees Amelia.

"Now I have to use two doses."

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2015, 10:31:10 pm »
"Gah! I *cough* was just... Yeah, I was eavesdropping! But if you guys are gonna fight mutants, you're gonna need gear!"