Author Topic: Uncharted Skies  (Read 425797 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Uncharted Skies
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2015, 09:05:39 pm »
Somewhere further along the dockyard, a variety of vessels bearing Cathedral's crest, a majority of them were lighter vessels though a few were most impressive. At the center of the Dockyard CMS Cathedral's Pride hung proudly in the sky, it's main batteries stood out from the vessel, two medium carronades pointed outward from the the vessels castle, ready to strike down flanking vessels that moved too close, on either side of the vessel duo turreted cannons with their barrels pointed up spoke volumes about the ships destructive potential, indeed they were reminiscent of pre-war warships that traveled the oceans, and in the case of more wealthy nations still did.  Amelia could only imagine what other weapons it was carrying, but she was getting distracted, she had something to do, and by do, inquire about vessels that might be joining them.

Out of the corner of her eye she spotted a young dock hand pointing a duo of heavily armed to a vessel somewhere nearby. In his hand a clipboard thick with paper was held against his side.

Jack pot she thought.

"Excuse me!" She said, getting the attention of the dock worker.

"Uh, yes? Did you need something?" For Colin this was odd, his friends often called him a strong and that women would appreciate it, but never before had one called to him like this.

She was all smiles as she made her way over, he noticed she was covered in equipment. Maybe she works here? he ignored the thought as she got closer.

"Is that the Expeditionary Registry?"

What? "What?" Figures the pretty ones... "Er, yes, are you looking for your ship?"

"No, I'm looking into other vessels, now if you would please hand it over."

What? "What?"

"I'll need to look through it myself you see, Father always said you shouldn't have to rely on others for this sort of thing, now hand it over."

Oh boy...

Elsewhere

"Captain Morgan of Cathedral's Militia, or the guard as some have taken to calling it, formerly of Firnfeld's naval service. And yes I'm here on buisness I was just meeting my future colleagues. I've been in the need of a change of scenery for a while an I suppose an expedition such as this will help take my mind off things."

She held out a hand, "A pleasure Commander Frey."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:08:29 pm by Piemanlives »

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:40 pm »
Carn was about to get back to his task, then he sees the blond girl, Amelia, beginning what appears to be a scene oh hilarious proportions.

"I don't know about your sense of responsibility Reagan, but that girl you were with seems like shes about to start something. Anybody got snacks?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2015, 09:18:16 pm »
"Well Captain Morgan, I'm surprise that you are joining, but nethertheless welcome aboard." Frey says as he shakes her hand.

Out in the distance, a familiar voice is heard over chatter and work of the docks.

"Commander! Where have you been for the past two hours!" yells out Councilman Enger as he strides down the road.

"Ahh Enger, good to join us. Didn't the receptionist at the front desk told you where I was."

"He did, but I was at several meetings with Councilman Xin before I seen the message at my desk." Enger says as he reaches the group.

"Well since you are here, want to brief our expedition leader, and maybe the Captain here as well since she volunteered."

"Who," starts Enger as he turns, "Captian Morgan? I thought you were on duty for the next month?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:23:35 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2015, 09:38:27 pm »
Carn carefully puts down his stencil, a capital K in a bold font is all there is so far, then stands up, dusting off his pants.

"A briefing would be nice. I tend to prefer as much relevant intel as possible before I set out."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2015, 11:48:39 pm »
"Well, considering the last few months I think I'm due for a bit of leave, besides I do believe that having someone along to represent Cathedral's interests in the matter might be important don't you think?" She smiled politely, both of them quite aware that she was bull shitting oh so very hard on the matter at hand.

"Ow!" Behind them the tell tale sound of someone hitting the ground reached their ears. Amelia was standing over the young man, clipboard in hand as she skimmed through it.

"Anything?" Amelia looked up at her before shaking her head.

"Nope, nothing's set in stone, maybe in a few days." She tossed the the clipboard onto the ground, the young man's face grew worried at the thought of having to deal with her again.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2015, 02:34:08 am »
Once he'd gone and grabbed some snacks, Koali jogged back to Carn, his steam boots propelling him forward with a hiss of steam and a light boing signaling each step. When he arrived, he extended the stilts to bring him eye-to-eye with Carn.

"Hey, Carn, I got the food you asked for! ...Oh. I guess I missed the show."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2015, 07:44:30 am »
"No, I was leaning over a Goldfish engine when it blew, trying to fix it.  The thing was totaled, and so was my face."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:10 am »
"Ahhhhhh, yeah that would do it. Sorry Koali, looks like the show was less impressive than I thought. Your girl not know how to ask politely or something?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2015, 11:58:27 am »
"That was quite a sight," chuckles the Commander.

"Yes, a sight" Enger muse as he rolls his eyes, " But if we going to do the briefing, might as well do it inside the transport. The documents should still be inside from earlier this morning. Captain you can come too, as somehow I can't think of anything to rebuttal that argument."

Walking up the gangplank, he waves for the others to follow.

"Well, can't keep the man waiting. I'll meet the both of you inside." Frey says as he follows.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »
"Might another ship be needed?  I have a Mobula and Goldfish, in good shape.  I can lend them to the expedition if I get an increased cut..."

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2015, 01:49:53 pm »
Carn comments to Gaige as he passes him while following Frey.

"We need enough people to crew the ships you know. A half dozen ships with skeleton crews won't cut it."

After that he follows Frey into the transport, unconsciously standing At Ease, while he waits for the commander to get the documents.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2015, 02:03:43 pm »
"Of course.  Two people on every ship isn't going to cut it.  I have a friend who might be interested, it just sorta depends on what ship he gets to crew on..."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2015, 05:24:25 pm »
"And once again we begin the crew hunting activities..." Reagan took a flask from her uniform coat and took a hearty swig.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2015, 05:51:18 pm »
Carn catches a whiff of Reagan's drink.

"Whiskey?"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 06:56:18 pm »
"Yup, it was either that or tea, I should have gone with the tea..." She shrugged. "Swig?"