Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1131539 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Burning Skies Saloon
« on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:24 am »
Welcome brethren of the skies to the Burning Sky Saloon! When I'm not blasting raiders attempting to take my plushie refinery, I will be running this lovely establishment.

This will be where many of you will unwind, let loose, and consume obscene amounts of rum or grog until your next mission. We'll recant our stories and previous missions, sing to our hearts content, and reminisce of our fallen. While I don't mind a good fight breaking out now and again, taking things too serious or far you'll find yourself wishing you were on a burning squid surrounded by galleons.

While I do have the standard rum and grog found in any watering hole, you'll only find my specialty drinks here which are a highly guarded secret (which may or may not involved flamer fuel, gunpowder, and a pinch (sometimes a lot) of lochnagar powder) and aptly named Hellfire.

Few words of caution:
(1) DRINK IMMEDIATELY. You don't want to know what happens when it sits for a while.
(2) KEEP IT FAR AWAY FROM ANY HEAT SOURCES. Last poor soul learned that the hard way. Never did manage to find all his fingers.
(3) NEVER LET IT TOUCH SKIN. It hurts to say the least.
(4) NEVER LET THE FIRST THREE CONDITIONS OCCUR AT THE SAME TIME. Ever.

Clear skies and good sailing to you all.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:13 am »
Three questions:

Are the plushies cheap?

Are the drinks cheap?

Can they be used as airship fuel (the drinks, not the plushies)?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:01:36 am »
Plushie costs vary depending on which model you plan on getting. Currently I'm up to the Mk.III on certain plushies.

The standard drinks are fairly cheap given the saloon is frequented regularly and thus I have good supply agreements with distributors. Now when it comes to the Hellfire... it'll depend on the size. Standard shots will cost you, but if you're feeling suicidal and get a mug, I'll pay in prototype plushies for those able to survive.

The nifty thing about the Hellfire is it be used as fuel, but makes for a much more effective ammunition. I feel sorry for the poor raider bastards who I've used it against. Basically, dipping the ship in the frozen waters of the Fjords can't put out the flames.

Oddly, I've learned the plushies can be used as fuel too. Probably because during the final refining processes, the fabric used is made up of 80% kerosene and 20% love and care.

Offline SeaMichelle

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 11:12:50 am »
*I walk in and take a look around, then I take a seat at the bar*
Pardon, barkeep! What's your cheap ale? I'll have that.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:21:38 am »
Hell everything here is cheap. The rum, ale, grog, and even Hellfire are all cheap. It just depends on how much you got.

Offline SeaMichelle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 11:28:55 am »
*I reach into my pocket and retrieve a fistful of something, then smack it on the desk revealing five brass coins* How much can I get for that?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 11:36:52 am »
Five brass huh... Alright.

*Places a two large mugs under the tap*
*Hands SeaWulfie the both mugs*

Here's two mugs of what I consider your above average ale. Lucky for you, I've got a special going. Now drink up and enjoy.

Offline SeaMichelle

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 11:38:33 am »
*I grab one mug unenthusiastically and chug a huge sip, then place it on the table and gasp for air* That... Is some damn... good ale.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 11:41:28 am »
Hell, had a time trainin' and prospecting new crewmates. Bartender give me your biggest mug of Hellfire. I know it be suicidal but I'll pay for it, didn't get the nickname "borderline" if I weren't crazy. What the hell not, first rounds on me, and don't fret about money just take out what you need from my unconscious body.

Offline Psyran

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy Online
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 12:09:04 pm »
*Stumbles in and looks around* Oh, crap... what have I gotten myself into this time...

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »
Hell, had a time trainin' and prospecting new crewmates. Bartender give me your biggest mug of Hellfire. I know it be suicidal but I'll pay for it, didn't get the nickname "borderline" if I weren't crazy. What the hell not, first rounds on me, and don't fret about money just take out what you need from my unconscious body.

Welp, your funeral. *Hands a mug of Hellfire to you* Clear skies!

*Yells* Alright. The next rounds is on our fine brother here.

*Stumbles in and looks around* Oh, crap... what have I gotten myself into this time...

Well you couldn't have stumbled into a better place. Take a seat and let's have a look at you.

*Looks at you* Well, it doesn't look serious. Fortunately, I've got some rum that'll perk you up. Here *hands you a small mug* this one's courtesy of BdrLineAzn.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »
*Grabs the drink and chug it down* ............YEAOWZA that hit the spot, you weren't kidding about that mixture.  Just tell me where the head is later and the drinks coming I am good.

Looks green but with proper train' we can get you to become one of the top finest. Like what the tender said just take a seat and cheers mate.

Offline BerserkArcher

• Salutes: 0
    • [BAYT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 06:24:08 pm »
*walks in slowly and takes a seat in the corner*
Please. Grog.

Offline Furrymessiah

• Salutes: 3
    • [NAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 07:35:36 pm »
With a casual swagger and a bloodstained mallet tucked into the loop on the side of...'her' coveralls, the one and only Furry saunters into the establishment. Eyes obscured with a set of jaunty goggles and her hair pinned back into a loose explosion that could be, in the loosest terms, considered a ponytail, the tall, lanky drink of water made her way up to the barkeep. Looking over the assembled patrons, her nostrils curled at the obvious perfume of equal parts desperation, machismo, and misappropriated flamer fuel.

Putting her hands palms-down on the counter, she barked a gruff laugh, then cast her gaze over at the tender. "You got cider here, chum? If y'do, I'll take two pints, and a packet of cracklin's."

Offline Psyran

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy Online
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 07:58:13 pm »
With a casual swagger and a bloodstained mallet tucked into the loop on the side of...'her' coveralls, the one and only Furry saunters into the establishment. Eyes obscured with a set of jaunty goggles and her hair pinned back into a loose explosion that could be, in the loosest terms, considered a ponytail, the tall, lanky drink of water made her way up to the barkeep. Looking over the assembled patrons, her nostrils curled at the obvious perfume of equal parts desperation, machismo, and misappropriated flamer fuel.

Putting her hands palms-down on the counter, she barked a gruff laugh, then cast her gaze over at the tender. "You got cider here, chum? If y'do, I'll take two pints, and a packet of cracklin's."

*snickers at the gal* You should be careful, them ain't exactly the friendly skies.

*drinks the offered cup in one swing... then realizes how stupid that was and suffers the burn* Well now... *cough* Fine stuff you've got here. I saw these flying contraptions passing overhead and I figured that it seemed like a good time. I haven't exactly figured out my trade, since I'm handy with anything that I've got in my hands. I can fly, shoot, and fix just about anything that moves.