Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147766 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1950 on: June 11, 2013, 02:14:59 pm »
--Academy--

After Yiski and the others left for the Council Chambers, BdrLine is still at the armoury putting on the final touches on his new rifle. As of now all the metal components of the rifle are finished and are put together, all it needs now are some wooden guards around the barrel and metal stock. BdrLine looks around the armoury if they had any spares lying around.

Ok come on, come on. Where are they, I mean this is the armoury for Gods sakes.... Aha there you are.

In one part of the room are the many different wooden guards for the rifles. And BdrLine goes over and pulls out some oak wood guards and goes back to snap them on. He then goes to a wood engraver and places his initials on the wooden stock guard.

The final look of the rifle is one to look at; simple, rugged, yet still elegant in nature with the wood. Unlike the standard bolt-actions that the guards carry around, this rifle has a semi-action bolt which, after a round is fired, automatically loads the next round in place. It is magazine feed and can hold up to 14 rounds in the magazine.

Eyeing his new weapon, BdrLine smiles as he takes a shoulder stap and and adjust it on his rifle. He then slings it over his shoulder and heads towards his room to freshen up.

Inside his room, all that he is thinking about now is Althea and how to approach her.

Ok Bdr, just calm down, it's not like it's going to be the end of the world. Just ask her out on a date, simple right?"

Once dressed in casual clothes he starts to exit the saloon only to be met by Nelson and Bell. BdrLine groans as he forgot that he still need a guard detail.

Bell
"Going ou..."

BdrLine
"Yeah just come on" *sighs*

The three of them heads towards the Council Chambers. There he sees Lauren and Althea at the steps of the building.

Nelson
"Hey isn't that Althea?"

Bell
"Yeah, man look at her, got to be suicidal to try and ask her out."

Even BdrLine is know to be crazy, but he is sweating bricks at the thought of asking her out. Bell notices this and ask him.

Bell
"Hey BdrLine, you alright?"

Startled by this he turns to him.

BdrLine
"Yeah, I'm fine, Umm can you guys wait here, I got todo something."

He walks past the two towards Lauren and Althea, Bell and Nelson looks on as BdrLine walks towards more to Althea.

Nelson
"Is he?"

Bell
"I think so"

Nelson
"He's dead isn't he?"

Bell
"yup"

Back with BdrLine, he goes up the steps and addresses Althea.

BdrLine
"Umm Althea? Would you,,,Ahh. Mind if... ehh *quickly* Would you like to go out on a date with me?"

He shrinks back a little as for an answer.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 11, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »
--Armoury--

The Wyrm entered the armoury after he saw BdrLine leave. He eyed the room around him, full of weapons.

Wyrm
"Damn, there's enough firepower here to overthrow the Empire. Too bad it all has to go. Can't risk an assault with all these weapons about"

And with that he withdrew a bomb and timer from his coat and set it up behind a barrel of powder. Before taking out a pocket watch and setting the time.

Wyrm
"An hour should do it, I want a good vantage point from which to watch the fireworks. Hehe."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: June 11, 2013, 02:26:20 pm »
--Academy--

When BdrLine asked her out for a date, all Althea could do was stare at him. It wasn't because she found the request ridiculous or stupid, but because she was genuinely surprised by it. Of all her time training and improving her skills and abilities, she had not been asked once by any man for a date.

One reason was most men were off put by her physical prowess and few could keep up with her. Another, most believed, like BdrLine's guards, she was unapproachable which was untrue to an extent. Her unapproachable nature was a result of her bodyguard duty and since this was the first time she'd ever been given a day off, nobody has ever really interacted with her outside of that duty. Until today.

Moments felt like hours to BdrLine who just stood there and felt smaller by the second. Realizing the full impact of BdrLine's question, Althea gave a small blush.

Althea
"Ah well... I do have the day off. I was planning on training..."

The second line almost killed BdrLine's hopes. Althea stammered.

Althea
"But, Yiski has suggested I am far too stressed... so yes, I will go on a date with you."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 11, 2013, 02:53:39 pm »
-Council Chambers-

Zill is sitting in one of many pews looking onward to the council. Hearing Sabastian's testimony didn't phase him at all. Honestly, he wasn't surprised. With the council being so protective of itself, simply asking for the weapon blueprints would be an insulting waste of time, regardless of diplomatic ties. Getting that intel discreetly would be the easiest option, followed by invading Anvala. Old friends or not, the greed of nations was always stronger. Zill speaks from his seat.
Zill
"So lets assume you're telling the truth. You freely give all this information for us to take in and analyze, and this somehow benefits you."

Sabastian
"Correct. I honestly have nowhere else to go, and what safer place than Anvala?"

Zill
"Personally I could care less about your contacts. You gave us this information and I see no reason to see past the fact you still tried to carry out your deal with Baron representatives. Non-lethal or not, you kidnapped the commander of ground personnel and lead designer of military grade weaponry here in Anvala, breaking nearly every treason law we have. Plus I simply dislike you."

Sabastian
"Surely you do not suspect I have told you everything I know. Nor are my contacts to be ignored as mere spies squatting in some lonely village."

Zill
"Not a care of mine."

(1)
"Admiral, you will cease this hostility toward an informant."

Zill
"And for you, it's your fault we're in this mess to begin with. If you weren't so worried about your well-being, Anvala wouldn't have to defend itself on a monthly basis from invasions.

(3)
"There would also be no free city of Anvala."

Zill
"Free? You've got to be joking. We are prisoners to its defense. If it weren't for us, you and your city would be a pile of rubble, or part of another nation. While you sit here and deliberate the fate of a man we defend against every day, I bury good soldiers on the mountainside and ask myself why. So in your small, selfish deliberation, take that into account. Then also take into account how many will leave you to your well-deserved fates once you take it one step too far."

(7)
"It that a threat Admiral?"

Zill
"That is your truth, members of the council."

-Council Docks-

Jun'ko was rummaging though the old pyramidion all day. A few notes here and there but nothing to suspect why he stopped flying it, and hid it for so long. She sat there on the main deck, wondering what happened.

Just then, she suddenly felt cold. The feeling wasn't natural. It felt deathly cold. She looked around, but saw nothing. What sounded like a faint whisper came to her ear, but then it was gone.

She came to the quick conclusion that she would have to get him to fly it again before the truth would come out. With that, she exited quickly, leaving the docks with her guards following behind.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 11, 2013, 03:25:59 pm »
BdrLine is thrilled by the answer and is speahless for a few minute until Althea asks him.

Althea
"BdrLine, you ok."

Shaking his head to get back.

BdrLine
"Sorry, just, wow."

Althea puts on a small smile and blush and takes one of his hands.

Althea
"I think you should take me out now."

Now it's BdrLine's turn to go red as she touches one of his hands.

BdrLine
"Of course."

He then leads them towards the City Center. Not far from them, Nelson and Bell watches in amazement of the sight they saw. They look back between the two and themselves.

Nelson
"Really did he just..?"

Bell
"Do I need to say it. I mean we just saw what happen."

Nelson
"What do we do now? Do we follow or what? We are suppose to guard him."

Bell
"But he's with Althea, that's about 5 normal guards with him."

Nelson
"Wait, I got an idea, we go incognito and follow them at a distance, we still on the job if we do."

Bell
"You are the Gunnery Sarge, I'll just follow. But if this blows up in our face."

Nelson
"Let's just go."

The two then follows BdrLine and Althea.

--City Center--

As the two walks around the Center, it has greatly improved a,  with the new resources the city has recieved, new buildings are starting to sprout. During their walk, BdrLine notices that she is quite relaxed.

BdrLine
"First time out and free?"

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: June 11, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
--Rooftop opposite the Armoury--

The Wyrm took the rifle off his back and pointed it in the direction of the Armoury door, waiting.

Merc
"Sir, I don't think it's a good idea to remain this close to the explosion."

Wyrm
"I like to live life on the edge. Plus, I can't risk anyone finding the bomb."

Merc
"I called for the Wyvern, it should be here shortly."

Wyrm
"Good, but keep it in the docks for now."

The Wyrm took out the pocket watch again and checked it.

Wyrm
"Soon."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29:30 pm »
--City Center--

At BdrLine's question, Althea gave another small blush.

Althea
"Embarrassing, right? I have never been given the chance or opportunity."

--Armory--

Lauren was bored. Yiski and Zill were in Chambers, still. Jun'ko ran off somewhere and Althea and BdrLine were apparently on a date (which she learned as she saw the two walking out).

Trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day, Lauren decided she would practice with her new long revolver. Seeing the technicians still cleaning up Zill's tar bombs, Lauren went to go fetch her own targets and set them up on the range. Next, she realized she didn't have enough ammo to hit all the targets she set up.

She remembered Yiski telling her he kept the special ammunition for their guns in storage in a separate wing. While in storage, Lauren found the special ammo and took two boxes worth (about 50 total) with her. With ammo underneath her arms she started back, but heard something. Something which only a keen pilot's ears could pick up. It was ticking. Last time she checked with Yiski, nothing should be ticking. Ticking was a bad thing with all the ammunition.

She closed her eyes and let her ears to the tracking. As she made way to the source, the ticking got louder and louder. Soon she could hear the ticking at its loudest and opened her eyes to start searching.

She was 'rewarded' with a tiny bomb planted next to some powder used for ammunition creation. Looking at the timer placed, it looked like it was about to blow.

"Flak!"

Lauren knew what would happen if the explosive went off here. So, she grabbed the explosive, not knowing how much time was left, and darted for the range. She still saw technicians out and started yelling at them.

Lauren
"GET OFF THE RANGE NOW IF YOU DON'T WANNA BLOW UP!!!"

Thinking one of Zill's leftover bombs was unstable, all the technicians cleared in a hurry. Lauren then threw the explosive, but...

*BOOOM*

...it went off mid-air with Lauren still too close. It knocked her to the ground, the impact, knocking her unconscious.

Upon realizing it wasn't a tar bomb, the technicians rush to Lauren and called high-alert. Guards came and rushed Lauren to infirmary while a few double time to the Chambers, thinking another group was after Yiski.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 11, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »
A small muffled BOOM was all that could be heard from the garden district. But it still caused Lockheart to quickly turn his head which made a muscle strain too fast, his neck pierced with a brief pain. After rubbing his neck, Lockheart figured wherever there were explosions. His friends was sure to be there. He jogged towards the explosion firmly grasping his sword out of habit.

Lockheart
"I wonder who or what has suffered that explosion. And i worry for its health...."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 11, 2013, 05:00:03 pm »
--Wyrm's roof--

Merc
"Sir, you had the shot on that woman, why didn't you take it?"

The Wyrm placed his rifle back on his back.

Wyrm
"I didn't need to, and I realised I shouldn't. Better I remain hidden, and not attract people to the sound of my gun. This was just me testing the waters. She had the sense to find the bomb, it's good she's out if the picture, if only temporarily."

Merc
"But sir, you're testing the wrong waters, we need to kill Nidhogg. In Lord's Leap the Gallafells hired you to kill him."

Wyrm
"That job is really more of an 'if you can' affair. The Gallafells' real reason for employing me was, sadly, little more than to distract and harass the defenders of Anvala. I instantly took this on as an opportunity to have good ole' fashioned murderous fun. And that is what I intend to do. And if Nidhogg dies then that's a bonus."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: June 11, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »
--City Center--

As the afternoon rolls on, BdrLine and Althea are enjoying their time together. Without any responsibilities to worry off, Althea felt free. After a few more minutes, rumbles can be heard from both of their stomachs. This causes Althea to blush out of embarrassment.

Althea
"Sorry, haven't ate since morning."

BdrLine chuckles and takes her hand.

BdrLine
"It's alright, come on, I think there's a cafe near here. Let's stop and get something."

He leads her to a corner cafe where he opens the door for her. Smiling at the gesture, she walks in with him following. They reach the counter where a waiter notices them.

Waiter
"Hello and welcome. Table for two?"

BdrLine
"Yes plea..."

*BOOM*

Everyone in the room heard the explosion. Some citizens starts to panic and exits the cafe. Althea and BdrLine looks at eachother and exits the cafe as well. On the way out, they bump into Nelson and Bell.

BdrLine
"What the were you two following... nevermind. Come on, I think it came from the armoury at the Academy. *to Althea* hehe, some first date huh?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: June 11, 2013, 06:16:20 pm »
--Council Chambers--

The explosion is heard very well despite the Chamber's thick walls. Yiski and Zill immediately draw their respective weapons and aim them at Sebastian.

Yiski
"This your doin'?"

Sebastian
"I am afraid not."

An Elite approaches the group and spoke directly to the Concil.

Elite
"There's been an explosion on the range. Technicians and weapon-smiths state the type of explosive is not one used by us."

Zill
"Any casualties?"

Elite
"Only one. Lieutenant Lauren has been taken to the infirmary."

Before Zill could even turn to look at Yiski, Yiski was already opening the doors. Zill quickly moved and forced the doors closed again.

Zill
"Are you insane?! The hell are you thinking?"

Yiski
"You know what in the blazin' skies I'm thinkin'! I'm goin' to murder whoever hurt Lauren!"

Zill
"You honestly think you can do anything while in your cast?"

Yiski grunted and Zill assumed he got through to Yiski. Next thing Zill realizes is Yiski shattering his cast with the stock of Blood Bolt and stamping his left leg against the ground.

Yiski
"What cast?" *Looks to the Elite* "Give the orders to set lockdown and I want the bloody batteries all active! I want all radiomen to verify all and any vessels approaching this city! If a vessel doesn't answer, make sure you don't miss."

Yiski then pushes Zill aside and opens a Chamber door. Watching the ground and rooftops, Yiski quickly makes his way to the infirmary.

Once there, Yiski notices a group of guards. They notice him and direct him into Lauren's room. He quickly notices Lauren, unconscious, in bed with a doctor looking over her.

Yiski
"How is she?"

Doctor
"Lucky. The techs described the bomb as an incendiary device with medium blast radius. The Lieutenant only suffered a few minor burns. Had the bomb been a fragmentation bomb..."

Yiski
"No need to say more doc. I get it."

Yiski leaves the infirmary with Blood Bolt sitting gently in his hands. The entire area was secure and Yiski turned his attention to the rooftops. Scanning, he notices a brief lens flare which could only be made by another rifle or sniper scope.

Immediately, Yiski drops to his right knee and aims Blood Bolt where he spotted the lens flare.

Yiski
"TWO UNKNOWN TARGETS ON RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT RED ROOF 100 METERS! ENGAGING!"

Yiski opened fire while guards and defenders rushed to the location.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: June 11, 2013, 06:25:29 pm »
-Council Chambers-

A soft explosion could be heard in the chambers. The council didn't flinch, but Zill certainly noticed. Him and Yiski pointed guns at Sebastian.
Zill
"You guys install a new doorbell?"

Yiski immediately bolted, thinking of Lauren. The council was quick to say something offensive...
(9)
"Commander, you don't have the authority to leave."

Zill
"And you simply don't have any authority at this point."

Yiski ran out. The council started mumbling, and Zill about had it.
Zill
"Instead of mumbling to yourselves about nothing, put Sebastian in a secured facility, and get your guard moving."

He lit a cigar from his jacket pocket and took a long drag. Then, he had some Elites secure Sebastian, and take him to the holding cells of the chambers. He shook his head and walked to the door. A council member stopped him.
(2)
"Admiral, if you continue to undermine our authority of this city, we will have no choice but to discharge you from duty and hold you for treason."

Zill
"Finally gave up trying to kill me off did yea? No guards while I'm out, yet Yiski and company is so important? That northern mission would of bee a snowy hell I bet. Or how about the tesla boats. That was clever.

He took off his mask, revealing his face to them.

Zill
"Make sure you remember this face. It'll be the one thing, that no matter how much you throw at it, will never succumb to your uselessness as leaders."

At that, he replaced his mask, and walked out with a trail of smoke following him.

-City Center-

As Jun'ko was headed back to the armory, she saw the explosion. Instinct kicked in, and she ran as fast as she could, followed by her guards. She got there pretty quickly, ahead of the others.
Jun'ko
"What happened??"

Technician
"A bomb from the look of it. Wasn't ours. The commander's girlfriend was hurt along with a few others."

Jun'ko
"Lauren?! Where is she???"

Technician
"They took her to the infirmary."

She then heard gunshots and saw Yiski firing on the rooftops. She saw movement on top and bolted for the building, the guard forced to follow. She got to Yiski and tapped his shoulder.
Jun'ko
"Are they pinned?"

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: June 11, 2013, 06:33:28 pm »
--Rooftop--

Yiski's shot hit the mercenary square in the chest, penetrating straight through the armour and practically sending him flying off the rooftop. On the shot the Wyrm started to return fire. He was caught off guard but experience made him ready for the skirmish. He yelled out to the street behind him.

Wyrm
"Move in, cover me!"

Then from around a corner came around ten of the Wyrm's goons, armed with guns. They then fired upon the street from any makeshift cover available. The Wyrm then went into a crouched position on the roof and yelled at the ground forces.

Wyrm
"It's too soon for this! Hold the line! Cover me!"

And with that the Wyrm leapt straight off the roof into a dump, rolling off into the ranks of his men. He then pulled out his rifle and joined the fray.

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 11, 2013, 06:42:47 pm »
The explosion had startled Sky, causing him to drop his work and head out. He managed to find Zill, before he could call out, he heard gunshots in the distance.

Sky
"What the hell was that? Zill are we under attack? First an explosion and now gunshots?"

Sky loaded his bolt-action rifle, and said one more thing.

Sky
"Whatever it is, fortune favors the bold. And right now, someone is either acting really stupid, or brave."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: June 11, 2013, 07:06:35 pm »
The four arrives to the area and are met with the sound of gunfire and ricocheting bullets. They all move to cover. Nelson and Bell takes out their rifles and start aiming at the mercenary's line. Althea takes out her duel pistols and yells to BdrLine.

Althea
"Bdr in need to find the Commander, I'm still need to protect him."

BdrLine
"Alright, but come with me to my room, my rifle is still in there."

Althea
"Ok, I give you covering fire then."

From her wall, Althea takes a deep breath and pops up and starts shooting. The modified pistols start to shred the cover the enemy is behind from. From his corner, BdrLine moves away and he And Althea goes towards his room near the machinist shop. Inside his room, he spots his new rifle and loads a magazine.

BdrLine
"I'm ready to go."

They two exits the room and back to the battle. There they spot Yiski and goes up to him.

Althea
"Commander"

BdrLine
"No rest for the wicked huh?"