Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147680 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1860 on: June 05, 2013, 04:02:54 pm »
--Docks--

BdrLine and Niko are on one of the Yesahn mecenary's ships as it seems it has some mechanical problem on board. He, Niko, and two others are on one of the heavy gun on a galleon tinkering with the gun platform. Well Niko and the other two are on the gun platform, while BdrLine leans on the gun talking about Athea.

BdrLine
"I mean you should have seen her. Her face is like an angel."

Pulling a wrench to tighten a bolt, Niko wipes some sweat from his brow.

Niko
"Oh yes, an angel and one who is trained to kill. Now if you don't mind, we like some help down here."

Still in a daydream state, BdrLine hops down on the platform and readies himself to help tighten the bolt.

Niko
"Ok on the count of 3. 1, 2, 3 go."

As all four were about to pull the wrench, BdrLine let's go at the last second and looks out in the distance. Niko and the other two falls over as the wrench comes loose.

BdrLine
"You think I can try and whoo her?"

The three stands up and roll or glare their eyes at BdrLine. Niko pinches the bridge of his nose to calm himself down. He goes up to him.

Niko
"Bdr, I'm happy that you found someone you like, I'm really am. But can you umm stop thinker abou her and help us here?"

BdrLine
"Oh sure, but I don't think tightening that will help."

He takes some tools out of a bag and starts to work on the platform. Then moves on the gun itself which he finishes quickly.

BdrLine
"There thats should do it."

Niko and the others looks on as he finishes the job and groans as they could have been done hours ago.

Niko
"Bdr, why didn't you tell us what we needed todo?"

Still in a daydream state shakes his head as Niko talked to him.

BdrLine
"Oh, you said something? Oh look we're done, if you guys don't mind I'll be getting a drink."

He gets off the galleon and heads towards he saloon. Back on board Niko just face palm himself.

Niko
"How long you guys think until he gets a broken limb?"

Yang
"Three days?"

Ting
"I say after tonight."

Niko
"Let's go back to the others and make a pool about it."

Yang and Ting agrees and they left back to the tavern where the rest of the crews are staying.

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 05, 2013, 04:04:08 pm »
Sky noticed the activity near the saloon increase, and he finally decided he would check to see if it was open. He saw the door was open and everyone inside, so he figured he could come in, not aware that Yiski was assigned a highly dangerous body guard, who already had her weapons drawn.

Sky
"Ah, good.... morrow everyone?.... I noticed that you fixed your saloon Yiski, and... who is that?"

He points to Althea, and then mumbles to himself.

Sky
"I swear each day something new happens that I don't know of.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1862 on: June 05, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
The messenger was shaking in his boots so much that he couldn't get the words out, instead he said this

Messenger
"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I'M JUST DOING MY JOB I DON'T WANT DO DIE! AAAAH!"

At this point he lowered himself to the ground and thanked god he didn't have a lot to drink or eat this morning.

He spots Skyraider as his eyes start to water.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:41 pm »
-Saloon-

Zill turns toward Plasma, still holding Jun'ko up as she came around.
Zill
"Have a Hellfire or two and we can talk. I can't say it'll be what you want to hear."

He then watches the events unfold with the messenger and Althea. He makes sure his pistol is at his side, and a couple loch grenades are still in his jacket pocket. He winces at the thought of blowing up the place again with all the new furniture.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 05, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski
"Stand down Althea. The poor kid doesn't look armed for that matter."

Althea lowers her pistols, but doesn't holster them. Yiski looks at the messenger.

Yiski
"First, I'm Yiski. Second, if it's letter or package, leave it on the table."

Yiski then reaches under the counter and tosses the messenger a pouch of five silver.

Yiski
"And that's for gettin' the life scared out of you."

Yiski then serves a few drinks to Jun'ko and Zill sitting at the bar. He then looks to Skyraider.

Yiski
Sky, Althea, my Council appointed Elite babysitter. Althea, Skyraider, purveyor of planes and bi-planes."

Althea
"Will you always introduce me as your babysitter because I can babysit if necessary."

Yiski
"Fine, I do it again. Sky, Althea, my bodyguard. Happy?"

Althea
"Yes."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:38:34 pm by Yiski »

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 05, 2013, 04:50:52 pm »
Sky nodded towards Althea.

Sky
"I would shake your hand but it seems you still have your weapons drawn...."

Sky sits down at a table and chuckles behind his mask, thinking about what Yiski has to deal with now. Then realizes something.

Sky
"Wait a minute.... why did the Council give you a babysitter? Aren't we good enough to protect you, or do you not trust us to get the job done?"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1866 on: June 05, 2013, 05:42:25 pm »
He looks at Yiski slightly relieved.

Messenger
"I'm afraid it isn't that simple. You see, this is a will. I have special instructions to, well. Read it to you..."

He started to twidle his thumbs

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 05, 2013, 05:54:19 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski looks at Sky.

Yiski
"Apparently so. Being alone for a two hours caused a manhunt for me which didn't end until I jumped out of a two-story window."

Yiski then hears the messengers stipulation.

Yiski
"Alright. What's the message?"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1868 on: June 05, 2013, 06:23:05 pm »
He quickly opens the letter and takes out the piece of paper

Messenger
"Ok, it reads: ..."

Dear Yiski, How are you? I'm dead. Yes I'm dead, so dead, dead deaders.

Messenger
"This goes on for a little while, I'll skip ahead..."

Anyway. I need to ask you to do a favor for me. A last request as it is. I need you to make sure I'm buried, and throw a funeral for me. When I'm buried it doesn't matter but your the reason I got killed in the first place. At least I assume. Anyway I would appreciate if you did this for me.

Why am I asking this? Because when you were doing the nasty I'm sure at least once you fantasized about my bloody corpse during your vinegar strokes.

I don't know who shot me but here's a list of people who I think did.

The messenger's eyes get wide as he flips through the packet of pages

Messenger
"This is a long list... Alright here we go."

Notice your not on the list because as much as you probably wanted to, you never had the pleasure. And while I'm a rotting corpse I'll take pride on the fact that even though a thousand men were after me. You were the closest and you never got to put a bullet in my brain.

So throw me a funeral or I'll haunt you. OooOOOoooHH. Not really.

And please. Bury me with my memento's, my most prized possessions. And give all my gold to Roland and Ny-Lee. I never managed to get them a wedding gift so five thousand gold should suffice.

I think Dylan had a eulogy so he can read that.

Best wishes

~Honeybadger

Messenger
"Alright. That's all. Although it's strange that he gave it to me so soon from his death. It's a shame, he must have died this morning."

The messenger sighs and starts to pull out his clipboard.

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 05, 2013, 07:03:04 pm »
Sky listened closely to the messenger, he was completely confused about why this guy had a death wish from Honeybadger.

Sky
"Wait, that's weird. Last I checked, that kid was still alive. Why did you get a letter from him asking to be buried?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 05, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »
Zill shakes his head and sighs. He motions toward Sky.
Zill
"Althea here had received a warped order to kill him, and she carried it out rather swiftly when he came in last night. I say good riddance. He wasn't much better than the ilk coming out of that merc den."

Jun'ko elbowed him in his good side and he grunted under his mask.
Zill
"Oi, you were thinking it."

Jun'ko
"Much different than blabbing it to everyone."

Zill took a drink, knowing he wasn't going to win that argument.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1871 on: June 05, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »
The messenger looks to Yiski

Messenger
"I'll be on my way now, I have orders to get Mr. Honeybadger's personal belongings from the roof."

The messenger quickly stepped outside. He was glad he had not gotten shot.

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 05, 2013, 07:26:15 pm »
Sky remembered that he had a piece of paper in his pocket, he found it on the side of a wall when he was coming to the saloon.

Sky
"Honestly, he was in Anvala with this all over the place."

Sky handed Zill a wanted poster, it had Honeybadger and Dylan's names on it.

Sky

"He would have been dead, even if he made it out of the saloon. According to this he escaped from a prison...."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 05, 2013, 07:32:06 pm »
--Saloon--

After the the message of Honeybadger's last words and wishes, the messenger left, leaving the message, and Yiski started to explain to Skyraider yesterday's events.

Yiski
"Long story Sky. Short story my standing order to shoot Honeybadger and Dylan in the legs evolved into a kill on sight order. Althea is and Elite who got the K.O.S. order. Althea saw Honeybadger and Dylan enter the saloon. Althea followed through with the K.O.S. order."

The explanation got an 'ah' reaction from Skyraider.

The next order of business was to claim their bodies, but that could wait till tomorrow.

Althea
"Commander, are you not going to claim their bodies?"

Yiski
"That can wait till tomorrow."

Althea
"Commander, you do understand any persons killed within the city are cremated within twenty-four hours? It was in place to conserve city space."

Yiski
"Flak."

Yiski hobbled as quick as he could to the radio in the back. He then set the radio frequency to Lauren's radio in her office.

Yiski
"Honey? Are you there?"

Lauren
"... Please don't tell me there are armed men inside the saloon..."

Yiski
"No, no, it's not that. I need you to run to the Administrative Building soon, or rather right now."

Lauren
"..Why?"

Yiski
"Well, we just got a message with Honeybadger's last wishes and he wanted to be buried."

Lauren
"Okay, so?"

Yiski
"His body is about to be cremated. Probably in the next few minutes."

Lauren
"And you care why?"

Yiski
"Because I feel slightly responsible. Skies, woman! Just go now!"

Lauren
"Alright. Alright!"

Lauren leaves her office and makes her way to the Admin Building. Luckily, it's next door to the building Lauren works in. She finds the receptionist and asks her where to go on those being cremated. Once the directions and office are given, Lauren makes her way to the office Retirement and Termination Affairs.

RTA Official
"Can I help you?"

Lauren
"Yes, I got a call from Commander Yiski to put a stop on a cremation on two individuals... Honeybadger and Dylan. It's requested the bodies be buried."

Shuffling a large stack of papers and folders, the official picks up a file.

RTA Official
"Here it is. Let's see now... ... ... ooh."

Lauren
"Let me guess, they've been cremated."

RTA Official
"It seems so I'm afraid, but you can claim their ashes."

Lauren sighed and agreed. The official handed her some paperwork in order to claim the ashes. She used this fetch quest as an excuse to end the day to head to the mortuary and back to the saloon.

When Lauren did arrive back at the saloon, Yiski saw her holding two plain-looking urns. He facepalmed.

Yiski
"Don't tell me..."

Lauren
"Yup. Say hello to Honeybadger," *lifting the right urn* "and Dylan." *lifting the left urn*

Yiski
"Well, at least we have something to bury."

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 05, 2013, 07:45:02 pm »
Sky saw the two urns, and pulled a classic face-palm, he talked while his hand was still on his face.

Sky
"Just don't drop those urns, please. The last thing we could do to them is to ruin our floors... again... but with their ashes."