Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147997 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1845 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:04 am »
--Saloon--

Althea sees the newcomer enter the saloon. She's highly suspicious of the man nonetheless. Her past bodyguard duties have given her a wealth of experience.

Althea
"Saloon's sign said we're closed and this person is wearing a long cloak. Probably hiding weapons."

Althea was on high-alert and began to speak carefully knowing her charge is in the room behind her.

Althea
"This is the Burning Skies Saloon. State your business."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 05, 2013, 11:26:34 am »
--Saloon--

"My name is Nidhogg and I mean no harm, I may have glossed over the sign."

Nidhogg gazed around the dark room.

"Strange, I've never really seen a place like this from the inside. I was never allowed to, pampered as I was from youth, groomed to carry the bloodline, to lead, to rule, to duel. But I am going off-topic, I am here for... something, anything."

A sorrowful expression formed on his face.

"I can't exactly go back. I don't exactly want to. I want to live outside of the bubble, see the world for what it truly is, fight for something other than petty family feuds, fly for myself and not old men bickering... I want adventure. Do you have it?'

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 05, 2013, 12:34:19 pm »
--Saloon--

Noticing the Nidhogg's sincerity in his explanation, Althea was just on alert.

Althea
"In all honestly, it is my job to see to it there is less adventuring. If you are interested, you can head to the Academy in the Northern District. I hear they are in need of competent pilots."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: June 05, 2013, 12:50:21 pm »
--Saloon--

Nidhogg
"Then to the Northern District Academy a shall go."

Nidhogg half opened the door before taking a last glance around.

"This place seems homely, could use some better furniture I suppose, but still more inviting then the Taverns I used to avoid. I hope to see more of it in the coming future."

With that, he stepped out of the door, and for a second the sunlight bounced off the protruding end of the metal scabbard below the cloak and cast a tiny spot of light on the opposite wall, before being quickly snuffed out by a readjustment of the cloak and the closing of the door.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: June 05, 2013, 01:14:20 pm »
--Administration Building B Lobby--
Plasma sighs. The Captain was, of course, making him wait. Again.
I swear the woman derives some kind of vindictive pleasure from this.

He opens the briefing folder in his hands, paging through the sheets of guild data and intelligence reports.
Schematics, maps, images, profiles, dossiers. A folder full of sighs.

The door to the right of the secretary's desk flies open suddenly. A man stops from the room, jaw set, eyes narrowed.
Plasma looks up at the secretary, eyes pleading for any kind of excuse. However this woman seems cut from the same cloth as the captain.

Secretary
"Captain Verra will see you now."

Plasma swallow, lurches up and takes a few deep gulps of air before striding confidently (one must try) through the door. The room inside is immaculate. Beautiful wood paneling, an antique carved desk with a wide top, and deep navy tapestries covering the walls. Ornate weapons, sabers and pistols, are mounted on the walls, and deep bookcases hold countless volumes, maps, and scrolls. Verra herself stands by one of the large windows, looking out across the council gardens. Very few administrative buildings have a view to the council buildings.

She speaks without turning.
Verra
"Sit Ensign."

Plasma sits. It's a tense minute before she turns. A beautiful, hard face. High cheekbones, brown chin-length hair with a single streak of her signature navy blue on the right side. The only interruption of the perfect symmetry is the scar running from the base of her neck to the temple, narrowly missing the brilliantly blue eye.

She turns derisively to him.
Verra
"It has come to my attention that you've made a few interesting command decisions. One might even call them insubordinate. Now, before you protest, I realize a superior officer was involved. However that is no excuse for dereliction of duty. You were lucky this time. I've put an official reprimand on your record."

She sniffs and walks to the desk, placing both palms on it, leaning forward and subjecting Plasma to the most intense glare he has encountered.

Verra
"Moving on, you managed to make some hard choices, and you seem to have made them correctly Ensign. I've decided to trust you with a slightly heavier assignment. Along with it comes a promotion. A probationary promotion. Screw this up and I'll cut you loose. Welcome to the new pay grade, lieutenant."

Plasma gapes. Verra gazes expectantly at him as he marshals his words.

Plasma
"Thank you captian! I'm sure-"

Verra
"Yes, yes. Now to your assignment. I'm assigning you to the Heiress. Close your mouth Lieutenant: it's my ship, not my bed. Better. Now, we depart for Guild space in two days. Mission parameters are close and quiet. Follow up on your brief however you see fit. Here are the mission details. You are dismissed, Lieutenant."

Plasma struggles to his feet and salutes. Verra returns the gesture dismissively and returns to the window, lost in thought.

--Later Outside the Saloon--
A bit later Plasma arrives outside the saloon, riding high on the new uniform with the Lieutenants insignia.

Closed? Flak.

He stops short as the the Fjordic man leaves.
A baronies man, and an aristocrat at that? Or maybe a pirate? Hmm.

Defeated, he turns back towards the administrative sector.
Might as well finish up that paper work...

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1850 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:17 pm »
-Near the Saloon-

A messenger looks very confused nearby the saloon. He tries to check the saloon, but the closed sign and bodyguard told him he probably shouldn't even be near here. He spots Plasmarobo.

Messenger
"Um, excuse me? Lieutenant? May I have a word please?"

He is a very timid man, he speed walked over to Plasma.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 05, 2013, 01:55:15 pm »
--Nidhogg's ship, "Pallisarde"--

Nidhogg rummaged through the chest looking for the detailed ship report he had written personally, as such it was probably over-written.

Nidhogg
"It must be in here somewhere, it must be- ah, here it is"

He pulled out a file which held a small booklet in it's fold. But he then heard footsteps behind him. With a single, swift movement he pulled apart his cloak, unsheathed his sword and pointed it directly at the innocent and quite astonished messenger, who held his hands above his head.

Messenger
"Just a message, I didn't mean to sneak up on you"

Nidhogg sheathed his sword again and removed his hood, revealing long, blonde hair tied in a ponytail.

Nidhogg
"Sorry, I'm just on edge that's all. What's the message? From father I presume"

Messenger
"Ahem... 'Nidhogg, by the order of the family you must return home. The exile ended a month ago, if you insist on gallava-'"

Nidhogg
"-I've heard this one before, tell father I shan't be returning home, and that no number of what he considers heart-felt letters will convince me otherwise. If anything, the exile was a blessing in disguise, but I still mourn the events of... that duel. Go, and... sorry, about the sword."

Nidhogg clasped the folder and strode passed the messenger, patting him on the back on the way, and off to the Academy.

Offline Plasmarobo

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 05, 2013, 02:04:12 pm »
--Outside the Saloon--

Plasma eyes the messenger.
Looks harmless enough.

He turns a bit impatiently towards the man.
Plasma
"Yes? Can I help you?"

He watches the nervous little guy.
Something about this doesn't seem quite right.
He casually rests his hand on the grip of his pistol, but keeps his expression even.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 05, 2013, 02:15:02 pm »
--Saloon--

A few knocks came at the door. A man opened the door and was met immediately with an Elite. He gulped.

Althea
"State your business."

Deliveryman
"I have an invoice here for various furniture for a Burning Skies Saloon."

Althea
"Wait one minute."

Althea headed back and into Yiski's room. Inside, she saw a soundly sleeping Yiski spread out all over the bed. She leans down and nudges Yiski which causes him to shift a little. She then escalated the matter greatly when she took out a whistle and blew into it. It let out a high-pitched scream which caused Yiski to fall out of bed. Startled, but more importantly awake, he looked over the bed to see Althea standing on the other side.

Yiski
"Skies! Are you tryin' to make me deaf?"

Althea
"Furniture is here and my initial attempt to wake you did not work."

Yiski shook his head, grabbed his crutch and made his way out into the main floor. The deliveryman handed Yiski the invoice and Yiski handed payment over. Once done, a set of workers came in with various tables, chairs, stools, decorations, and a couch. The placement and rearrangement took roughly an hour.

After the workers left, Yiski stood behind the bar counter and looked to see a fully refreshed saloon. It brought a smile to his face. This intrigued Althea.

Althea
"Why did you re-enlist? You seem content in just running this saloon."

Yiski
"Heh. Curious are you? Well, since you're guarding me, you probably read the files they keep on me."

Althea nodded in acknowledging.

Yiski
"Then you know my reasons were to ensure this city was well defended and keep safe the people I care for."

Althea
"If you will excuse me prying further, then why keep running the saloon?"

Yiski
"Short version. It was somethin' Micheal and I wanted to do after our service was finished. You know who Micheal was?"

Althea
"Yes, your file also had information relating to Roland as well."

Yiski
"Huh. Guess the Council is good at gatherin' information. Why ask me this anyways? Doesn't seem to mess with the job of protecting me."

Althea
"I have found it easier to watch over my charges when I talk to them myself. There is only so much you learn from reading a file."

Yiski
"Heh. Fair enough."

After their conversation, Yiski opens the saloon.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1854 on: June 05, 2013, 02:19:11 pm »
-Outside the Saloon-

He approaches Plasma

Messenger
"Oh hello sir..."

He reaches into his satchel and pulls out a file envelope. He checks it carefully.

Messenger
"I'm looking for a man naaaamed... Yiski? Is he here? I'm supposed to deliver this to the Burning Skies Saloon."

He looks around to see that the Saloon was now open, he thanked Plasma and slowly jogged toward it.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 05, 2013, 03:19:46 pm »
-Saloon-

Jun'ko and Zill walk in, the smell of new furniture filling the room. Althea snapped to see who was coming in but quickly recognized Jun and calmed down. Zill just shook his head and made his way to the bar.
Zill
Galleon is looking good. Still stuck for a month in there though. Guess the flak fish will need to get her dust off.

Yiski
Ah, so many memories. Well hopefully we won't need to worry about flying much anyway for awhile. I'm tired.

As he talked, Yiski rolled a Hellfire in front of Zill. Jun'ko asked for a Sake Bomb for both her and Althea.
Althea
"You really think I'm about to drink on the job?"

Jun'ko
"Nope, I expect you to have a shot among friends. You aren't as stiff as you like to show off. Us women can't lose our charm, y'know?"

Althea turned around, looking into space before finally turning back around and grabbing the shot.
Althea
"I can't believe I'm doing this."

Zill and Yiski
"Me either."

They watch as the girls take their shots. Zill catches Jun'ko out of instinct. Althea falls onto a table, knocking it over. She collects herself and looks around.
Zill
"Good, this furniture is looking too new anyway."

Althea
"Skies above, what was THAT?!"

Zill grinned as he fanned Jun'ko back to consciousness, and Yiski just laughed.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1856 on: June 05, 2013, 03:26:19 pm »
-Saloon-

The messenger slowly comes into the saloon. He knocks on the open door to get someones attention.

Messenger
"E...Excuse me? I have a message for a Mr. Yiski?"

He slowly comes in and is very put off by the creaking of the floorboards under him.

Offline Plasmarobo

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 05, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »
Plasma slides into the tavern in the wake of the messenger, just in time to see Althea pull herself off the ground. He looks at the shot-glass on the floor. Exasperated dismay plays out a little dance on his features.

Plasma
"And who says Elite's can't handle their liquor. Though, I suppose, with the Commander's stuff it's more like handling a point-blank shot to the gut."

Althea gives him a withering look, and he pulls on his collar a bit, looking sheepish.
Plasma
"Did it just get hotter in here or...? Right. But really. Is there any truth to the rumors that the still and workshop are one in the same?"

He pulls up one of the new bar chairs. Preening a bit, he indicates the new insignia.

Plasma
"I'm celebrating though! Recent promotion! I'll have the strongest- nope. Not a chance. I'll have hellfire. That's enough. But, Admiral."

He looks at Zill, glancing at Jun'ko and Althea.

Plasma
"If you get a moment, I'd like to ask you and the commander about the conflict with the guild... general stuff. Like how likely am I to return alive if I, uh, accidentally found myself near their warships?"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1858 on: June 05, 2013, 03:52:34 pm »
The messenger slowly slides over to the corner looking extremely worried.

Messenger
The fucking admiral is here?! Then who the fuck am I delivering this to?!

Once he gets to the safety of the corner he takes out the envelope and starts to open his mouth

Messenger
"Um... Excuse me? A Mr. Yiski? Anyone know where I can find him?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 05, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »
--Saloon--

Althea approaches Yiski and whispers to him.

Althea
"Were you expecting a message?"

Yiski
"Nope."

Althea then drew out her dual pistols and aimed them at the messenger. Yiski sighed at Althea's sudden aggressiveness, but he couldn't blame her. If not her, then he'd probably be pointing Blood Bolt at the messenger.

Althea
"Who sent you?"