Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147828 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1770 on: June 01, 2013, 03:56:00 pm »
Yiski
"Now look what the dust storm brought in. Skies, it's been a long while. The hell have you been up to lately."

Yiski made a Hellfire and handed it to Qwerty.

Roland
"It is certainly good to see you again."

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 01, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »
Qwerty

"Oh been here and there, found myself an interesting little project to take a break from medicine, and been travelling"

He downs the drink in one go, a slight cough resulting from that stupid act. He turns to the newcomers in the bar.

"Pleasure to meet you all, the names Qwerty"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 01, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »
Zill was making his way downstairs, and fell about halfway down. He landed into a table with a crash. Sitting on the ground, he addressed the crowd.
Zill
"Oi Qwerty, the one doctor that I wouldn't tar and feather for amusement. Good to see you in one piece."

Jun'ko helped him up and into a chair. She just grinned at Yiski as she too sat down.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: June 01, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »
Lockheart walked into the saloon with Cecelia on his arm.

Lockheart
"Good day al...."

*Staggers back*

Lockheart
"Qwerty?, Skies its been a while... how are you?, Im still perfecting that harpoon tactic you know"

*Continues walking up to the bar and takes a seat*

Lockheart
"2 hellfi *Wince*"

*Cecelia had punched Lockheart in the stomach*

Lockheart
"Make that one Hellfire and a glass of water if you got it"

Cecelia
"Thats more like it Julius."

Lockheart
"Apparently so..."

*Lockheart gives a quick kiss to Cecelia on the cheek*

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: June 01, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »
--Saloon--

One of the next few people to enter the saloon was Skyraider. He'd been working tirelessly on his new plane, but little progress was made.

Sky
"Good morrow everyone. I assume at least some of you have gotten some sleep."

While he sat down, he saw Qwerty, Zill, Yiski, and everyone else in the saloon.

Sky
"Hello Zill and...... who are you again?"

Sky points to Qwerty for a second.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 01, 2013, 07:28:52 pm »
Qwerty

"Ah lockheart, your more likely to kill yourself with that tactic then make it work, though it's always good to know your still as deluded as ever"

Qwerty turns to skyraider

"Qwerty, the doctor? I disappeared for a while"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 01, 2013, 07:35:43 pm »
Yiski hands a Clear Skies to Zill, a Hellfire to Jun'ko, a water for Lockheart, and a Hellfire for Cecelia.

Yiski
"So Lockheart, how you holdin' up?"

Lauren
"Yiski, I think we're running low again on supplies."

Yiski
"I know. Hopefully, the stall are fully restocked." *Turning to Roy* "So how long you and the fellas gonna stay?"

Roy
"Don't know to be honest. We just got orders to hang around here for awhile. Why is there raid pending?"

Yiski
"Not anymore I hope. With radio comms back at full range, there's been no word on any nearby fleets."

Roy
"Hmm... well if things are quiet for another few days, we'll probably head back."

Yiski
"Isn't it usually s.o.p. to head back after two days? I know it hasn't changed since I've left."

Roy
"It hasn't, but can you blame a guy and his tiny fleet for wanting to get a few vacation days?"

The two laughed.

Yiski
"I suppose not."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 01, 2013, 07:59:50 pm »
*takes a gulp of his hellfire, and watches Cecelia grimace at her Hellfire before turning to Yiski.*

Lockheart
" I'm holding up just fine, my main worry is getting miss ill never touch a ale in my life back to chaladon. But like i said yesterday"

*looks at both Zill and Yiski*

Lockheart
" I may be able to rope a few ships in if the cities defence still needs bolstering"

* takes another gulp of his hellfire before turning to Cecelia*

Lockheart
" At least have one drink. Im sure you'll love it."

Cecelia
"Nope, dream on"

Lockheart
"Not after technically saving your life when the guild attacked a few days before?"

Cecelia
"*sigh*Fine, ill do it for that reason only."

* Cecelia picks up her mug and looks at if for a second before downing it completely, then coughing after*

Cecelia
" What the hell is in that??!!"

Lockheart
"I'm not too sure you want to know..."

Cecelia
"*cough* that's not actually too bad. Another if you please."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1778 on: June 01, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »
Honeybadger turns to the Barons after not doing much of anything all day.

Honeybadger
"I assume you are from the Baronies."

They look toward Honeybadger and nod yes

Honeybadger
"Well then, Willkommen in der Scheiße Loch!"

They share a good laugh before Honeybadger breaks in

Honeybadger
"So tell me, have you ever heard of the Riggs family?"

They look at each other and then back to Honeybadger

Baron 1
"Ja, they are a very infamous crime family. Why?"

Honeybadger smiled

Honeybadger
"I'm glad you asked, because years and years ago that family swore revenge on me."

They all looked surprised and then started to laugh

Baron 2
"Ha, there is no way that happened, you would be dead."

They continued to laugh until Honeybadger reaches into the bag besides him and pulls out Jay Riggs' scarlet revolver. The thing about this gun was that nobody thought it existed, when Jay passed, nobody ever found the gun. The gun was said to have belonged to the devil himself and that after Jay had passed, Satan came to take back his property. What people didn't know was that Honeybadger got it before people knew Jay was dead.

Honeybadger
"I trust you know what this is?"

The men look absentmindedly at the revolver, like their brains had been wiped. They looked up to Honeybadger.

Baron 3
"How in the world did you get your hands on that?"

Honeybadger gave a grin

Honeybadger
"Jay was fast, I was faster."

Baron 1
"Right but, how did you even get close to him?

At this point they had all leaned in on Honeybadger he looked at them and smiled

Honeybadger
"I would tell you but I'm very thirsty. Maybe if you get me a whiskey I'll think about telling you how I got this relic."

The barons were very quick to get Honeybadger a drink as they walked up to Yiski, dropped the money on the counter and got a bottle of whiskey.

Honeybadger took a sip.

Honeybadger
"Alright, lets see. Like most stories, this one began with a woman..."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 01, 2013, 10:22:20 pm »
BdrLine walks through the doors and sees the many people inside. He walks towards the bar while walking out of the path of patrons.

"Wow Yiski, did you guys had an all nighter here? I mean, I know all of you are close but Gods."

Ny-Lee rolls her eyes and goes to her brother.

Ny-Lee
"You should had seen it this mourning, all schattered around the place. So where's Niko and need anything brother."

BdrLine
"Yeah can I get a Desert Storm Pale. And for Niko, he is with his cousin and the other guys checking their ships. Apparently the sandstorm they went through messed with some of their systems."

Ny-Lee
"Aren't you good working on ships? How come you're not with them."

BdrLine
"Niko told me not to bother, and that they got it.

Ny-Lee
"Alright then."

She goes and makes a DSP for her brother and hands it to him. She overhears Yiski and Lauren talking about the low supplies that she goes over to them.

Ny-Lee
"Yiski, if you guys are low, Roland and I can go and buy some more if you like."

As BdrLine takes his drink, he glances over and sees a familier doctor mask. He looks over and sees Qwerty.

BdrLine
"By the Gods, is it that who I think that is? ... Yes it is, Qwerty has it been."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:41 pm »
--NARRATOR--

Yiski
"That's sweet of you Ny, but I'm a bit particular when it comes to my ingredients."

Roland
"Yes, I can remember the first time you sent me to get supplies. You almost took my head off."

Yiski
*Scratching his head* "Yeah, I can get a bit zealous when it comes to my brewin'."

The night carried on much as it had the past few nights, but with a significant less amount of heavy drinking. While a repeat of last night  would be fun, they didn't want to go through the massive hangover in the morning. Sure, Clear Skies would solve the problem instantly, but the group didn't want to go through the effort of getting such a hangover.

Qwerty managed to slip out without drawing too much attention. When the group realized he was gone, they figured he'd set off for another trip of sorts.

Before closing, Honeybadger shared many of his stories with the Roy and the other Baronies. By the time closing did come, Roy and his crew set off for their ships for the night. Honeybadger also left.

Jun'ko, Zill, Ny-Lee, and Roland headed upstairs for their respective rooms. BdrLine kind of looked at Yiski awkwardly.

Yiski
"Sorry, you'll have to find somewhere else to sleep till your place is fixed."

With his head hung low, BdrLine and Niko left for a local inn.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 111--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 03, 2013, 10:10:50 am »
--START OF DAY 112--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski headed out early to get supplies. He stopped by various stall which were located in both the City Center and the newly formed Trading District in the Eastern District. It would normally take Yiski a little over an hour to get the necessary supplies, but because of the new Trading District, Yiski had to travel further. The silver lining to this was there were more shops and vendors meaning more goods.

Already two hours in shopping, Yiski was in the Trading District (play this for ambiance http://tinyurl.com/l8a2jt7). He had gotten so many new goods, Yiski actually had to use a cart in order to take everything he bought. With everything at peace, almost rebuilt and repaired, Yiski hummed a cheerful tone to himself as he started back for the saloon.

As he entered the Western District, the morning sun was bright and full with no clouds in the skies. As he saw the saloon come into view from down the street, he felt something against the back of his head. Then all went black.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 03, 2013, 10:45:27 am »
-Saloon-

Zill woke up with a pain in his side. It had been happening frequently after the shrapnel removal. This time he decided to just get up and ready. Jun'ko grumbled something and rolled over. It was much too early for her it seemed.

Zill slowly made his way downstairs, realizing Yiski wasn't there. He figured he went out for something and shrugged. Zill began having a coughing fit, and made his way outside to the fresh air. Staring at the clear sky was refreshing, but something caught his eye. A lone cart full of supplies.

Well that's odd...

Upon limping over to the cart and investigating the contents, he realized it was Yiski's.

...Flak

He "ran" as fast as he could and woke all the others. It didn't take them long to jump up and go investigate the cart.
Zill
"Lauren, did he say where he was going?"

Lauren
"I don't even remember him leaving. Who on Earth could want him now?! DAMMIT! I should of went with him..."

Jun'ko
"Hey now, getting mad isn't going to find him, and it's not your fault. We just need to be smart about it."

Roland
"Zill, look here."

On the ground was a very small and faint blood trail, leading toward the Port.
Zill
"I'll issue a silent search for him to the military. All of you head to the Port now and i'll catch up. I'll just slow you down anyway."

Despite Jun'ko's objections, they went off, and Zill called Yiski's lieutenant radio.
Zill
"I'm issuing a silent search for Striker Commander Yiski. Last known location was the Western District. All outbound traffic, both ground and air, are to be searched. If anyone questions the searches, give them a fake reason."

Lieutenant
"Yes Sir."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 03, 2013, 12:52:35 pm »
--Unknown Building--

Yiski could feel his head in pain and felt something oozing from it. He concentrated harder to shake off his daze. The oozing was blood. His blood. Yiski opened his eyes only to realize it was still dark and realized he was blindfolded. Yiski concentrated more to figure out his new predicament.

"Hmm... walkin' back. Get attacked. Get taken. Currently blindfolded and tied to a chair. Oh and I'm bleedin'."

A door opens nearby and Yiski hears footsteps. The steps approached from behind him and stopped in front. Suddenly, the person took down the blindfold revealing his appearance. It wasn't anyone Yiski recognized. He mentally chided himself for that thought. People who attack Yiski don't live for very long.

Man
"Rise and shine Mr. Yiski. Rise and shine. I hope you do not find our meeting too... inconvenient and I must apologize if my associates roughed you up. You understand though, right? I have heard about your... reaction to mercenaries approaching you."

Yiski
"Heh. Well, you certainly have a gentle touch if you got me here without shootin'."

Moments of silence pass.

Yiski
"So... what is it you need me for?"

Man
"I think it would spoil the fun if I told you."

Yiski
"I don't think I'm in the mood for fun right now."

Man
"Well, I am certainly not in any rush. I think I will leave you to your thoughts. We will talk later."

The Man leaves and shuts the door behind him. No longer blindfolded, Yiski looks around the room to see if he can pin his location. It's a nice building. Well kept and cleaned. There's a single window with it's blinds bolted in.

"Well, I got one thing and that's I have no idea where I'm at."

Yiski then begins to check his bindings. Each arm is tied down to each chair arm and his legs were bound in a similar pattern. He shifted his chair only to find it was bolted down.

"Skies. If only they tied my hands together. Hmm... wonder what's Zill up to."

-Next Room Over-

Man 2
"Why did you walk out. You know the client wanted his fast and clean."

Man
"Patience. A man like him does not simply give up secrets once he's in a poor situation. He waits and bides his time. We must wait as well for the moment of weakness to break him."

Man 3
"What 'bout the guards?"

Man
"I'm sure his friends will follow the false trail to the Port thinking we're trying to leave."

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 03, 2013, 01:18:51 pm »
--Port--

Plasma sighs.
Orders are orders, but searching every ship on the docks? What can have possibly happened.
He straightened his cap as the old woman bellowed at him. The bright, clean, and yes, even shiny uniform he wore ruffled under the force of her verbal assault. Her assertions that they were "good honest folk" and the "men o' war" had "no business interferin' with common folk!" sounded all too familiar.
I swear, it's as if they get together and rehearse these things

Plasma
"Ma'am, I have my orders. What if it's a dangerous criminal who's hidden on your boat now?"

The others come back off the boat.
Soldier
"It's clean, let's get out of it"

Plasma nods, absently bidding the woman good day.
Then it catches his eye. Something subtle. But... it's a strange day. He stops, stoops, then straightens and checks a large book for a moment.
He goes to the  lieutenant.

Plasma
"Sir, it may be nothing, but I've found something that looks an awful lot like blood. Not older than a day too. But the thing is sir... that dock's empty. Has been since this morning. But there's something funny about the log sir: They were never checked out."

The lieutenant goes ashen, and picks up his radio.