Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147679 times)

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1740 on: May 30, 2013, 08:53:34 pm »
Sky handed Bdrline a picture, it showed a plane flat on the ground, landing gear broken, but everything else intact.

Sky
"I didn't tell anyone. But when I had about 5 planes on my tail, I took damage and had to land. Its not like I could repair it mid-air, and right when I landed, I had one of those things land on my wing. It was either letting him kill me and my gunner or use a building as a fly swatter. I was lucky to only lose an engine, and not an entire wing or my life."

Sky took a deep breath and laughed. He tossed a coin to BdrLine.

Sky
"Well thanks for the engine, it isn't much but its better than nothing. And I'm actually making another plane with two engines since I'd get a little bit more power. And no. I don't need to borrow one from anyone."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 30, 2013, 09:30:30 pm »
Yiski
"Seeing as you're feelin' brave, how about tryin' my new whiskey?"

Honeybadger turned to the others who were shaking their heads in attempt to save him. He ignored it.

Honeybadger
"I did survive a 'duel'. Give it to me!"

Yiski served Honeybadger a shot of the new whiskey. While half of the whiskey was clear, the other half was black on the bottom on the glass.

Lauren
"Is the black supposed to be there?"

Yiski
"Yup."

Honeybadger shrugged and downed the shot immediately. For the first few moments, he was fine and shrugged again.

Yiski
"See BdrLine, I don't know why you got so worked up. The whiskey is fine." *Turning to Honeybadger* "So how is it?"

Honeybadger
"Well, it's a little bitter like rye whiskey. There's a hint of citrus, and ... ... ..."

BdrLine
"And?"

Honeybadger just sat at the bar, not moving either his body or his mouth. Yiski waved his hand in front of Honeybadger's face, but he didn't get so much as a blink from Honeybadger. BdrLine then tapped Honeybadger on the shoulder. Suddenly, Honeybadger started to fall, but Roland caught him. Oddly enough, Honeybadger's body was catatonic and was still set as if he was still sitting.

BdrLine and Roland placed him on the couch, attempted, and successfully straighten out Honeybadger's body. All (movable) eyes the went to Yiski.

BdrLine
"See I told you one of those brews would have some sort of effect!"

Yiski
"So two out of three is still good." *Placing his hand on his chin* "Now what to call this... how about Loch Out Shot?"

Roland
"Is it made from lochnagar powder?"

Yiski
"About fifty percent. That's why the bottom half is black."

BdrLine
"Are you trying to kill us?"

Yiski
"Lethal dose of lochnagar powder is fifteen grams per kilogram. Meaning if the average person is seventy-seven kilos then it takes roughly 1.2 kilograms to kill a man. Each shot only contains eight grams."

BdrLine
"That doesn't make me feel any better."

Yiski
"It should. It means you won't die."

Lauren
"Yiski, I think the point is not to end up like that." *Pointing to Honeybadger*

Yiski
"Meh. Give him an hour or so and he'll be fine."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1742 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:09 pm »
Honeybadger manages to mumble something out, while half assedly pointing to BdrLine

Honeybadger
"P... P... Pussy..."

It was as if that was his last word. Before he fell unconscious with a wide smile and started to snore loudly.

He rolled his torso to the back cushions of the couch while leaving his arms limp.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 30, 2013, 11:23:32 pm »
--NARRATOR--

The night went on more lively. Most of the night was spent by Ny-Lee and Roland showing the group pictures and telling stories of their honeymoon in Cathedral. Yiski laughed at the story of Roland trying to make his own little inventions and concoctions.

The remainder of the night was spent dodging questions asked by the two of what exactly happened almost a week ago. The two also expressed concern with Zill's condition. Yiski and the others did their best to quiet their fears, though it kind of failed when the young newlyweds were told of Oliver's passing. Roland decided tomorrow morning him and his wife would visit his grave site to pay their respects.

Other than the grim side note, everyone enjoyed the two new beers brewed. Everyone avoided the Loch Out Shot seeing as Honeybadger still hadn't moved. Yiski walked over with a Clear Skies and poured it down Honeybadger's mouth with a funnel. If it worked, Yiski was a few steps closer to selling Clear Skies as a illness remedy.

When closing came, Yiski locked the door and placed a blanket over Honeybadger. Lauren and Yiski went to their back room. BdrLine, Ny-Lee, and Roland had gone upstairs.

While Lauren and Yiski would sleep well, BdrLine would be kept up with certain sounds coming from the room across.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 109--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 31, 2013, 09:34:22 am »
--START OF DAY 110--

--NARRATOR--

Lauren, Yiski, Ny-Lee, Roland, and BdrLine all woke up roughly at the same time. By the time BdrLine and the newlyweds were downstairs, they noticed the saloon was ready to open. Each also took a look at Honeybadger who was still out cold. The good news was his body wasn't catatonic anymore. The bad news was he was still out cold.

Yiski
"So how did you sleep?"

BdrLine
*Yawn* "Would be better if certain sounds didn't keep me awake. Almost tempted to take a Loch Out Shot to forget it."

Yiski looked at the newlyweds who were blushing. Yiski chuckled.

Yiski
"If you two keep this up, then can I expect to be a grandfather soon?"

If their blushes weren't red already, it now became as red as a brightly burning flamethrower. Lauren laughed.

Lauren
"Oh! Would that make me a grandaunt?"

Yiski
"I suppose it would... right now."

Lauren turned to Yiski with an curious look. She wanted to ask what he just said under his breath. However, Jun'ko and Zill entered the saloon. Zill had his arm hung over Jun'ko's shoulder and it looked like she was bearing most of his weight. Roland ran over to help Jun'ko place Zill in a chair.

Zill
"Mmm... morning. Good to see you back Roland, Ny-Lee."

Roland
"Heavens, what happened to you?!"

Jun'ko
"Let's say the usual."

Roland simply nods, realizing it may be awhile before he or his wife gets the full picture of those events.

Yiski
"I'm surprised you even made it this far in your condition."

Jun'ko
"Well we wanted to get here last night, but we had to stop at another triage overnight."

Zill
"Flak. I swear if another doctor or nurse approaches me, I'll dangle them behind my engines with tar running." *Turning to Yiski* "Anyways, bring me a Hellfire."

Yiski
"Skies, you know I can't serve you hard alcohol in your condition. Instead try this, you'll probably like it."

Yiski hands Zill a glass of Tar Cloud Stout. Zill stares at the black brew for a bit and takes a gulp of it.

Zill
"Not bad. What's this called?"

Yiski
"Tar Cloud Stout. I've also got Desert Storm Pale and a Loch Out Shot."

Jun'ko
"Loch Out Shot?"

BdrLine
"Yeah, you'll want to avoid that one. If Honeybadger was conscious, he'd tell you that."

Jun'ko nodded and Zill kept drinking.

--NARRATOR END--
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:41:59 am by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:21 am »
-Saloon-

Zill drank his Tar Cloud Stout rather quickly. After past events, who could blame him? Jun'ko even ordered his second round. Yiski just shook his head and obliged.

Zill gripped his side occasionally, the healing was slow and he really should still be at a triage, but that wasn't going to happen without casualties.
Jun'ko
"So when are you going to do your physical therapy?"

Zill
"When doctors serve beer."

Yiski
"Skies above, you need physical therapy??"

Zill
"I need to stand up."

Zill tried to on his own power with no success. He then sighed and looked around the room. The frustration was building but he simply bottled it up. Yiski came over with another mug of beer and looked at his side. Zill made sure the fact it was literally gone was well hidden, but Yiski gathered it wasn't right.
Yiski
"One of these days you aren't going to be able to just "get patched up."

Zill
"You sound like Jun'ko."

Yiski
"And you sound like a stubborn ass."

Zill just looked at him through his goggles. He knew he couldn't go on like this, but in his mind, the choice wasn't there. If he didn't do what he had that night, someone wouldn't of survived, be it the city, his crew, or even him. Frankly, he wasn't out to discuss it either. He just sat and prayed someone would change the subject.

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 31, 2013, 10:04:40 am »
*Lockheart briskly walked into the bar with a massive smile on his face, and both of his arms swinging freely at his side now.*

Lockheart
"Hello all!. What brings me here so early you may ask?"

*Takes a seat at the bar*

Lockheart
"Yesterday while i was having my arm given final checks, i could smell you had either been brewing something new. Or had something new. So what you got for me to ,most likely pass out on the first sip, on?"

*Nods to BdrLine,Zill and the rest of the people in the bar before pulling out his pipe again*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 31, 2013, 11:36:28 am »
-Saloon-

Zill nods to Lockheart.
Zill
"I'd go the beers before the whiskey. Apparently Honeybadger couldn't handle it."

He motions to the couch where Honeybadger lay. Lockheart cringes at the sight.

Jun'ko pulled up a chair next to Zill and sat down, enjoying her beer. It almost felt normal now with everyone around.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1748 on: May 31, 2013, 11:44:34 am »
Honeybadger rolls around on the couch and stretches his arms, feeling sufficiently nauseous he decided to sit up on the couch.

Honeybadger
"Mmmm, Morning."

Honeybadger slowly stands up and walks over to the bar. Then he realized he wasn't wearing any pants.

Honeybadger
*Looking down* "Oh crap..."

Honeybadger walks back to the couch and akwardly puts on his pants until he fell onto the floor, still frantically trying to put his pants on.

Honeybadger
"Piece of shit..."

He said while he was frantically trying to get his pants over his legs.

At this point he had bumped into more than one object so most of the patrons glanced over at him. Eventually he got his pants on and stood up to walk over to the bar.

Honeybadger
"Yiski, you mind if I use the radio in the back? I have to reach my friend in the Baronies."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 31, 2013, 12:42:34 pm »
BdrLine nods to Lockheart as he goes over to them.

BdrLine
"Yeah I'll go with Zill. Don't trust the new whiskey."

Everyone gives a few sneers and side glances at Honeybadger as he tries to put on his pants. After this brief break of comedic relief, a man enters. He has sand ridden clothes that has some Yeshan oriental feel to them. Covering his face are a pair of goggles over his eyes and a scarf hiding the rest of his face. He approach the bar cautiously and removes his goggles and scarf.

Man
"Hello, I was wondering if you can help me find a friend. He's about yet high, A Yeshan like myself, and maybe a bit looney in the head."

BdrLine, recognising the voice turns to the man.

BdrLine
"Hey, even if my ideas are crazy I am perfectly sane. Where did you get the idea that I was looney eh Niko."

Niko turn around and sees BdrLine. Happy that he found the right place, he goes up and place an arm around him.

Niko
"Hey that just from observations when we were little. *laughs* Still don't know how we got out when we released those bulls back in the market."

BdrLine
"Yeah those were the times. Any ways, so you and your cousin are here with the mercenary ships?"

Niko
"Yeah, we brought a galleon, two junkers, and two pyramidions. But even if he is family, he's still a merc if you know what I mean."

BdrLine
"I know, I'll pay him. I have money left over so don't you worry."

Niko
"Also, when I got here, I saw some old Baron ships entering as well. Had old military markings and I assume are decommissioned ships from their Sky Fleet."

BdrLine
"Ahh they are here as well.  *To Zill* Hey Zill, now we don't have to worry about being undermanned for awhile. And I think you and Yiski should head over to meet them, most of them are old friends of yours during back in the conflict."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 31, 2013, 12:42:50 pm »
*Smirks at honeybadger as he stumbles and falls*

Lockheart
"Rough night Honeybadger?"

*Turns to Yiski*

Lockheart
"Ill start with the weakest of the new brews... and try to work my way up from there"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1751 on: May 31, 2013, 01:12:28 pm »
Honeybadger yawns and turns to BdrLine

Honeybadger
"Who's your friend and what does he need?"

Honeybadger turned the chair around and lounged in it

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 31, 2013, 03:14:01 pm »
Yiski makes Lockheart a mug of Desert Storm Pale.

Yiski
"If you're wantin' to go weakest to strongest with the new brews, you're gonna find a wide jump between second and first. You can ask Honeybadger all about the new whiskey."

Yiski makes himself a mug of the Pale and takes a gulp.

Lauren
"Isn't it usually bad to drink on the job?"

Yiski
"Not when the job involves drinkin'." *Turns to Honeybadger* "Go ahead and use the radio in the back, but don't touch anythin' else, or I'll pour the damn barrel of Loch Out down your throat."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 31, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »
-Saloon-

Zill drank his beer and gave a deadpan look at BdrLine, even with his mask.
Zill
"My mobility right now isn't exactly ideal. I'm sure they will find this place eventually. Niko did alright eh?"

Jun'ko
"I could help you over there again if you wanted to."

Zill
"Thank you babe, but you've earned a break. Arguably, I have too."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1754 on: May 31, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »
Honeybadger disregards BdrLine's friend without looking at him and proceeds to the back room. Once he sees the radio he sets it to Dylan's shop's frequency...

Honeybadger
"Dylan? It's Honey. I need you to come over with the Daft Dunk..."

The radio clicks

Dylan
"Are we getting ourselves into trouble again? Alright, when do you want it?"

Honeybadger takes a second to think

Honeybadger
"Uh, they'll probably come in a day. So I hope you can tow it here within a day."

Dylan
"Wait, Who's they?! Are you getting yourself into trouble again?"

Honeybadger
"I'll tell you when you get here."

Honeybadger starts to turn off the radio

Dylan
"I swear if you get yourself shot again I'm going to do it my self you son of a --"

Honeybadger had hung up and proceeded to go back to the bar.