Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147746 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1725 on: May 30, 2013, 02:29:01 pm »
-Triage-

Annoyingly to Jun'ko, the doctors made her leave for the procedure. She waited in the main lobby for him to come out, complaining about doctors or something to that effect. The thought made her grin. Instead though, the doctor came out to see her and sat down.
Doctor
"We got the shrapnel out, but there were complications."

Jun'ko
"Oh no..."

Doctor
"The areas around the shrapnel had gotten infected, so we removed the tissue. He has refused any synthetic or metal implants to replace what is lost of his torso. We figured maybe you could talk to him and see if you could convince him."

The doctor offered his hand and she got up and followed him back. Jun'ko knew she wouldn't change his mind. They got to the room and Zill was sedated. Jun'ko saw the gaping hole in his left torso and cringed.

Jun'ko
"What will happen if you simply patch it up?"

Doctor
"Well, that left side will be noticeably smaller than the right. He will possibly need physical therapy to get used to it, and his internal organs will be much more vulnerable from that side. A simple....

Jun'ko
"Then patch it so we can go."

The doctor was shocked, and at that was rendered speechless. He stood there for a moment before getting to work.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 30, 2013, 03:11:49 pm »
--Saloon--

To Yiski
"Yeah, so far as for the two groups, my friend said that he got the mercenary guild out of Chang-ning and, you'll like this, the Baron ships and crew were part of the fleet you were in during that conflict."

The BdrLine looks at Yiski and sees a mischievous smile creeping on his face.

BdrLine
"Hold on, I now that face."

Yiski
"What, I don't know what you mean."

BdrLine
"Ohh don't give me that. Me here plus new brews equal taste tester. And for your answer nope not going to happen."

Yiski
"Come one BdrLine, what's the worst that can happen."

BdrLine
"Your last two brews made me go crazy and I had the runs for the whole day. Also when I saw Jun with the Bomb Sake, it knocked her out cold. Unless you get some other fool to try them, I'll pass. Hellfire, Frost Fire Ale, and maybe Clear Skies are enough for me now. ...Which reminds me, can I have a Hellfire?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 30, 2013, 05:03:30 pm »
--Port Tar Barrel--

After a few hours of piloting like a madwoman, Lauren finally set Kyllo back in its pier. Her crew immediately hopped off and started kissing the ground, thankful they had survived. Lauren laughed.

As she walked through the port, she noticed a transport ship had docked and passengers were getting off. She then spotted Ny-Lee and Roland and a wide grin came across her face as she slowly started stalking them.

Roland
"They did not say if they were meeting us here, did they?"

Ny-Lee
"With how busy everyone usually is, it's probably best we head for the saloon."

Roland
"Right, then let u.... WOAH!!"

Roland was caught off-guard with a sudden hug from Lauren.

Lauren
"It's good to see you two!"

Ny-Lee
"Thank you, but I think it's best you let my husband breath a little."

Lauren let go of Roland who took a few breaths and looked at Lauren. She grinned and patted him on the back.

Roland
"It is good to see you to Lauren. Are you the only one here?"

Lauren
"Yup. Got done flying around a bit in Yiski's squid, but those crewmen don't know a thing about how to operate a high-speed squid. That and I don't want to be the first to try any one of his new brews."

Ny-Lee
*Giggles* "So he's made a few new brews. I wonder if my poor brother will be his guinea pig?"

Lauren
"Ooo! Let's go find out."

And the three set out for the saloon.

--Saloon--

Meanwhile, Yiski and BdrLine were still arguing over taste testing.

Yiski
"So you didn't react well to the Wild Wind. That's two unusual brews out of what... six? Odds are in your favor."

BdrLine
"By those odds, that just means one of the three new brews will drive me up the wall. Again, no thanks."

Yiski
"Spoil sport."

BdrLine
"Why don't you try it first?"

Yiski
"Well, I'm clearly leanin' to say they're good if I try them."

Thirty minutes pass by as the two continue to argue when Lauren, Ny-Lee, and Roland enter. Yiski sees them and walks up to Roland and give him a firm handshake followed by a hug for Ny-Lee. Afterwards, BdrLine give his little sister a hug.

Yiski
"So how did you two enjoy your honeymoon and sorry you had to cut it short because of us."

Ny-Lee
"It was wonderful. Cathedral is so much larger than Anvala."

Roland
"Even if we did stay the entire time, that just means something to go back to later, right love?"

Ny-Lee leans in and kisses Roland.

Roland
"So what is it I hear about new brews Yiski?"

Yiski
"Yeah, got some inspiration and made three, but nobody wants to try them."

Ny-Lee
"Well after the Wild Wind incidents, I don't blame them. What did you brew this time?"

Yiski
"Two beers and one whiskey."

Ny-Lee
*Looking at her husband* "You feeling adventurous?"

Roland puts his gaze toward the back with a slight nervous expression.

Roland
"Why not."

Yiski
"Perfect. I'll let you try the beers first."

Ny-Lee and Roland sit at the bar while Yiski heads to the back and gets a mug of each beer. He comes back out and hands the couple two mugs. One beer has a tan color with a tan head. The other beer was pitch black with a white head. Roland took the black beer and Ny-Lee took the tan. The two looked at each other and at their beers before clinking them and having a taste.

Ny-Lee's tan beer seemed to go smoothly for her, but Roland could only take a few sips before putting down his mug.

Roland
"Wow, that is bitter and heavy. The taste also lingers a bit. How is yours dear?"

Ny-Lee
"The flavor is smooth and light, but is a bit rough going down. It's good though."

The two switch and try each others beer and came to the same conclusion. Yiski had a wide grin across his face.

Yiski
"I think I'll call the tan beer Desert Storm Pale and the black beer Tar Cloud Stout."

Lauren
"Pretty apt names for those beers."

Roland
"What about the whiskey?"

Yiski
"Maybe I'll get Jun'ko to try it." *Looks at BdrLine* "Unless you want to man up and try it."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1728 on: May 30, 2013, 05:17:20 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger stirs on the couch and looks up at Roland and Ny-Lee

Honeybadger
"Well hello you two."

Honeybadger sits up on the couch, his jacket is still red from blood, he scratches his head.

Honeybadger
"How was your trip?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 30, 2013, 05:58:07 pm »
--Saloon--

Ny-Lee and Roland turns to Honeybadger to tell him about their trip, but was stop short at the sight of him. Both turn to Yiski to ask what happen, and Yiski wore a face that said it was his own doing and that maybe he will tell them later. The two of the shrugs it off and face Honeybadger again.

Ny-Lee
"Our trip was lovely, Cathedral is a majestic city to be in."

Roland
"Far big to explore during our stay."

From the counter, BdrLine hears Badger and a thought goes through his mind. He gets up and goes to the couch and puts an arm around him.

BdrLine
"Say there Badger, I bet that you feel some pain on you right? Well you see Yiski here has made a new brew and I think it will make you feel much better."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1730 on: May 30, 2013, 06:32:35 pm »
Honeybadger turns to Bdr.

Honeybadger
"Might as well. You know Bdr, in my hometown a man who wouldn't try a drink is refered to as 'Kleine Muschi Ficken'."

Honeybadger has some trouble getting up but eventually does to pat BdrLine on the back while he was saying that, and came over to Yiski to try the new brew.

Honeybadger
"Alright Yiski, let's see what you've had cooking hmm?"

He looks like he had forgotten he had been shot.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 30, 2013, 07:08:28 pm »
BdrLine just rolls his eyes and goes over and sits next to Honeybadger. On the way he says mentally.

Verpiss dich. Badger don't assume that I didn't know what you meant. Good thing I remembered some of those phrases.

To Yiski
"You know what, I'll try one as well."
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:11:51 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1732 on: May 30, 2013, 07:55:48 pm »
Honeybadger smiles as he approaches the bar with a smile as Bdr follows intently

Honeybadger
This'll be great

Out of sight Honeybadger puts on a devilish smile suspiciously.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 30, 2013, 07:59:22 pm »
Yiski
"So BdrLine, you want to try the beers or do you wanna test out the whiskey?"

As Yiski waits for BdrLine to answer...

Lauren
"Give me one Tar Cloud Stout."

Yiski hands the beer to Lauren. She takes a large gulp and shakes her face.

Lauren
"Ooh. This has got a bite to it, but I like it!"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1734 on: May 30, 2013, 08:09:06 pm »
Honeybadger sits down at the bar near Yiski

Honeybadger
"I'd like to test both if the question pertains to me as well."

Honeybadger leans back on the chair

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 30, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »
--Saloon--

Sky walks into the saloon, and sits down.

Sky
"Good morrow to all of you. My apologies for not being here these last few days. I've had.... difficulties with trying to recover my plane. I've had to go find another engine and fuselage since the crash land destroyed any working component sadly. Anything of interest happen lately?"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1736 on: May 30, 2013, 08:26:40 pm »
Honeybadger looks back to Skyraider and chuckles

Honeybadger
"Sounds like fun"

Honeybadger chuckled himself back to facing the bar still waiting for Yiski

Honeybadger
"I got shot, so that may have been interesting."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 30, 2013, 08:29:09 pm »
Seeing Honeybadger and his smile prompt BdrLine to think something of his own. Then it hits him.

To Honeybadger
"Let's make this a little interesting how say you. We both take shots of Yiski's mystery whiskey and place some coins on it huh? Lets say 20 gold?"

He notices Skyraider and face palmed at having crashing his plane.

"Really Sky? You know how long I spent on that engine alone?!? Gods, I'm guessing you still haven't found a replacement yet?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 30, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »
-Triage-

A few hours pass, and the procedure is complete. Zill is kept sedated for another hour before before waking up. His blurry vision was accompanied by a strange feeling in his side, like something was missing. He ran his hand along the heavily bandaged area and realized it wasn't just a feeling. At first his mind raced, but he quickly calmed down, and accepted.
Zill
Least I'm still human...

He slowly got up, removing the IV from his arm. He stood up and immediately fell back down, knocking over some equipment and alarming the nurses. They came in and helped him up.
Lead Nurse
"Regardless of how much you will insist on leaving under your own power, you can't."

Zill
"Watch me."

Zill pushed the nurses off, and fell back down. This time the nurse left him there and spoke.
Lead Nurse
"About done?"

Zill
"The flak did you do to me?!?"

Lead Nurse
"We saved your life. It'll take awhile to learn your new balance, so just accept some help and get better. If not for you, than for your girlfriend out there. She's been out there all day."

Zill looked down. He sat there for a few minutes before offering a hand up for some help. Slowly, they made it out into the waiting area, where Jun'ko quickly jumped up and over to him. She smirked at his state.
Jun'ko
"You look worse than when you went in. Need some help my  admiral?"

Zill
"No thanks to this wench. Get me outta here."

Jun'ko
"Oh be nice. She would have a fit if she knew where we were going."

The nurse just dropped him in her arms at that, and went off. They both laughed, and slowly made their way out toward the saloon.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1739 on: May 30, 2013, 08:47:41 pm »
Honeybadger smiled. He knew the Liquor he grew up with was way heavier than anything Yiski could throw at him.

Honeybadger
"Alright Bdr, your on." Last time I drank against a Yeshan he coughed on beer...

Honeybadger was anticipating this now

(OOC: Yiski I'm going to be gone for an hour so you govern this please.)