Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1176701 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1350 on: April 23, 2013, 12:20:51 pm »
--Docks--

*BdrLine's House*

*All is quiet in the house as bothe BdrLine and his mother are still in their separate rooms still sleeping*
*In his room, BdrLine is sleeping soundly, until the explosions rang through the city knocking him out of bed*

The Flak? I thought the raiders were gone?

*Liu wakes up as well with a fright and goes out form her room to Bdr's*

"Azn what's happening? Are we getting attacked again?"

*BdrLine getting up from the floor looks out his window to see smoke clouds at two different location.*

"I don't know"

*He goes to the door and starts to go downstairs, With Liu following behind*
*BdrLine then heads for the entrance to go out*

"Mother stay here. I'm going out to see what is happening, upstairs back in Ny's room, I think she left her pistol there. Go and get it, and if anyone comes, use it. You know how to use it right?"

"Yes I know how to work a gun. Had to in my early travels"

"Ok mother, stay safe"

*BdrLine goes out the door towards his warehouse to get his rifle, while Liu heads to Ny-Lee's room to retrieve the pistol*

*As BdrLine arrives at his warehouse he opens the door and remembers all his things are in the basement*
*He heads downstairs and spots his bolt-action on a weapons table*
*Quickly he goes over to it and slings it over his shoulder and grabbing an ammunition belt*
*Outside, he hears muffled gunfire as he runs outside*

*BdrLine heads back up outside and sees Zill and the others and tar clouds*
*He runs over to them*

"The Flak just happened?!? Nevermind, is everyone alright?"

*Ny-Lee sees her brother*

"We are all fine, looks like we had a robbery but we got everything back, but the robbers escaped. Where mother?"

"Safe back at home. What a way to start the mourning huh?"

"Not exactly"

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 23, 2013, 12:33:01 pm »
having fallen out of his bed from the explosions lockheart and his crew were running up some of the robbers "friends" at the docks.

*Sword pointing at a group of workers and his pistol at his side*

"see, we here arn't with the admiral, but we like this place a hell of a lot"

*his crew were pointing there weapons at them, among coldcurse who had been staying aboard the "Yeshan Dragon" *

"so if you would be kind and let these nice guards take you away that would be preferable to you losing another firefight."

*guards take men away*

"nice work gents"

*sees the squid take off and rushes to the port to meet everyone, pistol drawn*

"what's happened here?"

He says out of breath.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 23, 2013, 12:52:57 pm »
--Port Tar Barrel--

The two guards were helping Yiski get to the nearest triage to get some medical attention. This left Roland to explain the current state of things to Lockheart.

Yet there was a question in everyone's mind. What connection does Yiski have with this 'Lauren'? Before anyone figured out how to approach the subject, Yiski was at a triage. Ny-Lee looks to Roland.

"How do you think this 'Lauren' and Yiski are connected?"

Roland shrugs his shoulders.

"Not a clue. You know Yiski is not one to talk about his past in detail."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 23, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »
Zill kicked the dust and surveyed the surroundings. Everything was pretty much intact. Soldiers were carrying the turn-coats away, a few dockworkers were beginning the cleanup, and they were all left standing there. Zill just mumbles under his breath and walks off toward his Galleon. Jun'ko, recognizing his frustration, answers Lockheart.
"Some robbers got away with their lives and nothing else. I guess Yiski recognized one, but we won't know much about that till he gets patched up."

She lets out a sigh and heads toward the saloon. Zill would want some space and she needed a drink after yet another eventful day.

Zill sat on his main deck railing and took a swig from his flask. Overlooking the Port, he saw Yiski getting carried off, and the group slowly dispersing. He looked over the rest of the City which was still hazy from the smoke of the bombs. Too many thoughts crossed his mind and he finished off his flask to drown them. He saw the flash of a Council courier's outfit coming into the docks, followed by him walking toward his galleon.
Yiski was right. No rest for the wicked.

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 23, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »
After hearing the news, lockheart retreated back to his galleon and challenged coldcurse to a spar, the crew gathered round as lockheart and coldcurse traded blows while the crew drank and cheered, this went on for some time.

Lockheart: "well ill call it a draw, you did good for someone on a new limb."

*they both chatted at the captains table on the helm deck of the ship before lockheart headed back to the saloon*

*walks into the saloon*

"Good day, i hope your all well after this morning."

*sits down on his usuall seat*

"a white steam whiskey if you would"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 23, 2013, 01:44:54 pm »
--Saloon--

Roland and Ny-Lee returned to open the saloon. Worrying about Yiski wasn't going to keep the saloon running, so the two worked waiting for Yiski to return.

--Triage Center Near Port Tar Barrel--

Yiski was being treated with a blood pack. A few doctors were concerned about his concussion, but Yiski was adamant about not having to stay the day under watch. After an hour or so, Yiski was patched up, except for a noticeable horizontal scar over Yiski's right eyebrow when he hit his head against the ground. Yiski took a look at it and laughed.

"I better not make a habit of messin' up my face or I'll end up like Zill."

Yiski was about to leave when two Elites walked in. Yiski visibly facepalmed and grimaced from contacting his still sore face.

"Commander we have a few questions to ask you concerning one of the robbers."

"Can it wait? I've got a throbbing headache and I can use a drink."

"Commander..."

Yiski simply got up and walked out. He looked to an Elite.

"I'll write up a report. You'll get it tomorrow."

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #1356 on: April 23, 2013, 02:03:42 pm »
--Saloon--

After a long day of flying, Surette figured it was about time to stop by the Burning Skies Saloon he had been hearing so much about. "I'll take one of whatever your special is," he said after walking up to the bar and finding an open seat.  "By the way, I hope I'm wrong, but it sounded like a couple of explosions off in the distance earlier. Is everything alright down here? I can't help but notice the saloon's looking a little empty at the moment."

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 23, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »
*to surette*

"its all fine, just a couple of turncoats trying to rob the bank, and put this mans drink on my tab"

*drinks*

"i may be off again soon back to chaladon, my father wants a word. thats never good..."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 23, 2013, 02:26:41 pm »
Yiski walks in the saloon. Roland waves at Yiski.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better than earlier."

Roland notices Yiski still looks a bit uneasy.

"You sure you do not want to rest?"

"I'm fine. You worry too much."

Ny-Lee serves Surette his drink and walks over to Yiski, giving him a quick hug.

"If it's all the same, I'd rather not have you incapacitated for the wedding."

"I'll try, but no promises."

Yiski walks over and makes himself a Clear Skies. As he's drinking, he thinks about Lauren.

"Why can't the dead stay dead?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 23, 2013, 02:45:00 pm »
--Saloon--

*BdrLine and Liu walks in through the door.*
*Liu sees Ny-Lee and and goes over to check if she had any injuries*

"Mother what are you doing?"

"I'm just checking if you are hurt. Just worried thats all"

*Ny-Lee hugs her mother to reassure her*

"Mother I'm alright, when we got there, we surrounded the robbers, but they managed to escaped. But we manage to retrieve all the stolen items"

*She turns to Roland*

"Speaking of which, can i see the rings you made?"

*Finally figuring out what was Roland was doing a few days back, she smiles*
So he made wedding rings for both of them and had them engraved.

*BdrLine goes over to the bar and takes a seat*

"Well, since this is over for now, Roland can you make me a Hellfire?"

*Roland goes and makes him one*
*BdrLine takes it and sees Surette*

"Oh didnt see you there, Sorry you had to come to see all this. So new around Anvala?"

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #1360 on: April 23, 2013, 02:51:29 pm »
"Thank you, good sir," nodding appreciatively at Lockheart's gesture. Surette smiles as Ny-Lee as places his drink in front of him. Noticing Yiski enter, he turns around in his seat. "So, I take it you're Yiski, the owner of this fine establishment? It's a pleasure to finally visit." Catching wind of Yiski's conversation with Roland, Surette grows curious. "You weren't injured in those explosions, were you? This man was telling me there was a bank robbery. When will people learn," Surette asks, sighing to himself.

Surette turns again and waves to BdrLine as he sits down next to him. "Yes, I'd been hearing about this saloon and decided I needed to stop by for myself. Unfortunate that all of this happened at the same time, but it's good to see everyone here is alright." Surette takes a large swig of his drink. "At least the drinks live up to their reputation."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »
*BdrLine takes a sip of his Hellfire*
*He turns to Surette*

"Well we all seen worst..., but never mind that. Same here, at leats everyone is still alive"

*Liu then goes over and take another seat at the bar*

"With all this excitement in the mourning, I may need a Frost Fire, Ny if you please?"

"Sure thing mother"

*Ny-Lee goes a pours a mug and gives it to her mother*
*Liu takes it and starts to drink it*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 23, 2013, 03:05:04 pm »
When Ny-Lee asked to see the bands, Roland becomes slightly flush, but since he gave away what the surprise was, he figured there wasn't a point of hiding anymore. Even though the deposit boxes were returned, Yiski managed to pull a few strings to let Roland take the bands out. Roland reached into his pocket and pulled out the rings to show both his future wife and future mother-in-law.

"It may not be anything expensive, but it is durable and long-lasting... like us."

Roland turned red adding the last part and Ny-Lee did too. Liu looked on and chuckled. Yiski also chuckled, but it also brought back a few memories of his own. Memories he wished stayed buried.

"To think I was where Roland is eight years ago."

Yiski immediately repressed the memory. He took another swig of his Clear Skies. He hoped to keep those memories in the past, something Yiski knew was going to fail. He broke this line of silent thinking by turning to Surette.

"I'm glad you like my brews. I've got some more potent brews on tap if you're interested."

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #1363 on: April 23, 2013, 03:37:08 pm »
Surette smiled at Yiski's offer. "Well, I might as well try some while I'm here, especially after this morning's events. Just surprise me with something," Surette suggested, hoping he wouldn't regret that statement."

He turned to the rest of the group. "I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Surette. It's nice to meet all of you, and I appreciate your hospitality. Let me know if there's any way I can help in the aftermath of the robbery, though it looks like Yiski here took care of that himself."

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 23, 2013, 03:43:12 pm »
*checks pocket watch and downs the last of his drink*
*2 chaladonian army men walk in*
*lockheart turns round and stands up*

"oh lord, did he have to send for me like this"

Guard 1: "Julius Lockheart, Commodore of the firnfeld fleet and second lieutenant of the chaladon watch"

"yep thats me"

Guard 2 : "you have been called by Major-Gener.."

"Save it, my father wants me , yeah, yeah"
"this is embarrassing"

*stands up, pays his tab and starts walking out with the guards*

"i'll be back soon, i hope!"

--The Docks--

*boards his galleon and heads off for his family home in chaladon, to meet with his father for whatever he wants, Lockheart is glad and yet upset, as he gets to see his wife and family but his father on the other hand, less wanting to see, he will probably want to talk about him doing a mission for the chaladon foot-troops, but nonetheless he was family and somewhat happy to be able to see him for more than a quick whiskey drink in his study, where lockheart got yiski's badge*