Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1131719 times)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2013, 03:12:23 pm »
*Shink opens the door and takes a look around at the empty saloon. Modified field gun strapped to his back. He strolls up to the bar, and places 3 coppers down*

"Milk"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2013, 03:15:16 pm »
*Shink opens the door and takes a look around at the empty saloon. Modified field gun strapped to his back. He strolls up to the bar, and places 3 coppers down*

"Milk"

*Roland turns to see Shinkurex sit at the bar*

Milk.... sure give me a second. I'm sure Yiski had some around the bar somewhere.

*Roland takes a minute while trying to figure out the madness that is Yiski's organization*

Sorry for the wait, here's your milk.

*Roland hands Shinkurex a glass of milk*

I don't stand in for Yiski often, but I don't think I've seen you before in this district. What brings you by here?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »
"Thanks"

*takes a long drink of the ice cold milk*

"I'm a gun for hire, and have heard all about this place. Fate just seemed to have finally brought me here"

*looks around*

"Things look a little slow. Mind if I take a table and get some food?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2013, 03:39:41 pm »
*Roland looks around, only to remember there are no menus*

Well, I got good news and bad news. Good news, I'm a better cook than Yiski. Bad news, there no menu. So tell me in general what you want and I'll try to accommodate.

*Roland notices the gap left by those heading out*

Yeah, Yiski, owner of the saloon, and some of the other regulars are out preparing for a mission of sorts. Not sure how long they'll be gone though.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2013, 03:54:26 pm »
*ponders for a moment*

"A juicy steak would be good, or whatever else you got. If you have anything to give it a little kick would be good as well."

*proceeds to the corner table, and sits*

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2013, 06:27:47 pm »
*The door opens, light filters through and outlines a figure in the door. A plague doctors mask obscures his face, and a hardened leather captains jacket protects his frame. He walks in, not slowly, but with the calculated air of a man that thinks before acting, a man that plots. The man sits at the bar and removes the mask, letting it hang around his neck. The face is nothing special, mid twenties with no remarkable features*

I rarely come in to find the place this quiet....where are the usual troublemakers? and is there any of the old Hellfire to be had?

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2013, 07:03:32 pm »
*The door opens, light filters through and outlines a figure in the door. A plague doctors mask obscures his face, and a hardened leather captains jacket protects his frame. He walks in, not slowly, but with the calculated air of a man that thinks before acting, a man that plots. The man sits at the bar and removes the mask, letting it hang around his neck. The face is nothing special, mid twenties with no remarkable features*

I rarely come in to find the place this quiet....where are the usual troublemakers? and is there any of the old Hellfire to be had?

*Looks up, brushing off layers of dust that have accumulated* Ah, they're off an a mission, I'm afraid. More of a revenge, but no matter.

Roland will serve you a drink, though he doesn't talk much. Ever. It seems only a few of us are around, I think you'll have the joy of my company here.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »
*Glances up from his light nap, and assesses the newcomers. Seeing as they pose no immediate threat, Shink releases his hold on his pistol*

'Where is that barkeep'

*Notices Wazulu, and ponders on how he made it into the saloon undetected*

"Care for a drink? I'll buy your first round if you tell me your stories"

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2013, 07:25:36 pm »
Well then I reckon your company will do just fine, do you have a name stranger?
I used to have one but I forgot some time ago, the others just call me Qwerty, It's a pleasure to meet ya'.

*turns to Shink*

I reckon that sounds fair, pleasure to meet you as well stranger.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2013, 07:33:00 pm »
*Smoke can be seen coming from the back of the saloon. Eventually Roland appears with a steak on a plate. It's looks charred*
*Roland hands the plate to Shinkurex*

Sorry for the wait. I didn't realize Yiski had lochnagar fuel powering the stove. Sure, it looks black on the outside, but it's actually medium well. Enjoy.

*Roland spots Qwertyjam and Wazulu*

Sorry guys, didn't notice you enter.

*Roland heads back to the bar and hands the two a mug of Anvala's Reserve*

Yiski always told me to serve first and get money later. Enjoy.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:53 pm »
*sits at the bar and takes the drink, has a long sip then places it on the counter*

Much better thankyou, you must be Roland, some of the old dogs have mentioned you from time to time. Pleasure to meet ya'

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:19 pm »
*sits at the bar and takes the drink, has a long sip then places it on the counter*

Much better thankyou, you must be Roland, some of the old dogs have mentioned you from time to time. Pleasure to meet ya'

Appreciated. Yes, I do sometimes help out Yiski when he's on leave. While I do like the additional work, it makes me uncomfortable being around all of his experimental drinks, especially those which are very prone to exploding.

*Roland chuckles*

Fortunately for me, Yiski took most of those on his trip. Unfortunately for you, it means there's less of it to drink.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:00 pm »
*Chuckles and smiles*

That's all right, I think the world might be a little safer without those mixes of his. It wont be the raiders that take out the last of our kind, it'll be his damned brews.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2013, 10:17:58 pm »
*Roland takes a deep breath at the bar. The bar is just as busy as he remembers during the times he helped out Yiski. Yet despite the saloon's hectic and noisy nature, without the others, it seems almost quiet. This unsettled Roland for a moment, but he quickly regains composure when a decent group of workers, no doubt finishing their shift at the dock, enter and ask for a large order of drinks.*

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2013, 10:30:03 pm »
*Smoke can be seen coming from the back of the saloon. Eventually Roland appears with a steak on a plate. It's looks charred*
*Roland hands the plate to Shinkurex*

Sorry for the wait. I didn't realize Yiski had lochnagar fuel powering the stove. Sure, it looks black on the outside, but it's actually medium well. Enjoy.

*Eyes the steak*

"looks edible enough"

*looks in Qwerty's direction*

"pleasures all mine"

*Sinks his teeth into the steak, and lets out a low wistle*

"that may have been the best steak I've had in years. compliments to the chef"