Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1346151 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #690 on: March 14, 2013, 12:23:12 am »
*Shocked is all that is on BdrLine's face, after a while he gets out of it*

Sorry just a bit surprised at this, but congrats to ya. I think you and my sister a good for eachother. Sooo whens the first date

*Bdr gives a small laugh*

*From the back, Ny-Lee hears her brother*
*She goes out and hugs him*

Oh thank you that you approve, i knew you wouldn't hurt Roland since you are good buddies. But our first date is to a play write. Still don't know when we are going

Well I'm happy for you, heck i bet mom and dad will be surprised to hear about this

Azn please don't tell them just yet, we just started

Ok,ok i be heading home then i see you guys later

*On his way out Bdr in his thoughts*
My sister is on a date, a date.i think i should take responsibility and watch over them from a far, yeah i should to that. Its not spying right? No just a concern older brother watching his sister, yeah

*Bdr goes home and thinks on how he can "supervise" the two when they go out*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 14, 2013, 12:48:40 am »
-Docks-

-Narrator-

With the Port looking relatively thawed, the levies rebuild proper, and the trench doing its job, things where looking good. The dockworkers that hadnt gone home enjoyed another round on Zill for their hard work. Jun'ko and Zill seemed pretty merry the entire time. If they didnt know any better, they were at the Burning Skies. With things winding down, the workers take their leave. Eventually, its just Zill and Jun'ko left at the warehouse.

-End Narrator-

*Zill stretches and looks around.*

Looks like its just us left. And im not sure about you but I dont plan on walkin' all the way home. Heaters need watchin' anyway. If you want you can stay in the back room again.

*Jun'ko stretches and walks over to Zill*

That sounds like a mighty good plan to me.

*She starts looking around and gets quiet.*

You dont have to sleep out here y'know.

*Zill stands there, mildy surprised. Jun'ko walks up and give him a peck on the side of his mask.*

No matter what you choose, ill see yea, oh captain. You owe me a surprise still. *She blushes and disappears into the room.*

I owe a few now I wager.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 14, 2013, 12:55:03 am »
--NARRATOR--

The evening starts early and a few patrons enter the saloon. Many look like they've gotten out of the hospital, others just looking like they need a drink. Roland and Ny-Lee handle the counter, the two giving each other a few pecks as they pass by each other.

Meanwhile, Yiski is piecing together a few make-shift capacitors for the heaters for tomorrow. If there's one thing he's learned from the years in Anvala, he's knows that once a cold storm hits, the near sub-zero temperatures linger for a while.

With the help of PapaParadox's trade fleet, Zill, Jun'ko, and BdrLineAzn manage to clear all the ice off the Docks and manage to gain progress in repairing the Docks. If they can keep the rate up, the Docks will be at full operational capacity tomorrow.
All the while, Zill stands alone on his ship, staring into the night sky. He ponders what he did to deserve someone like Jun’ko as a crew member. Though those thoughts are quickly pushed aside as Zill wonders what he was going to surprise Jun'ko with.

BdrLineAzn sits quietly in his room making plans for his mission to keep an eye on Roland and his little sister’s date in the future. Sure, BdrLineAzn trusted Roland, but a brother can never be too protective of his sister. Right?

Shinkurex slept soundly in his apartment, hoping he could overcome his past and manage to move forward. Whether he succeeded or not would up to him in the next few days.

When the saloon hit closing time in only a few hours, Ny-Lee decided to head back to her brother's place. She declined the offers Yiski made for her to stay again, to her and Roland's disappointment, but she did reluctantly agree to have Roland walk her back.

As the two walked through the frozen night, they huddled close to keep warm and chuckling at the rapid set of events which now made them a couple.
When they finally arrived at BdrLineAzn's place, they shared a goodnight kiss. After Ny-Lee went inside, Roland made his to his own place with each step he took having a light bounce to it.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 31--
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:58:47 am by Yiski »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 14, 2013, 10:36:48 am »
--START OF DAY 32--

--NARRATOR--

The morning sun raised above Anvala without a cloud in the sky. It was a welcoming sight to those still trying to recover from Day 30's storm. Despite the flood of patients into the hospital and local infirmaries, most injuries were minor and no reported deaths were recorded.

Despite the chilling winds which still blew the streets, Yiski woke up in the comfort and warmth of the saloon. Even after the closing, Yiski worked and finished the capacitors and got the remaining heaters working. He checked on the stills to and barrels to make sure those weren't frozen over (There are no heaters where the stills and Hellfire barrels are stored for obvious reasons). Being content all the equipment was functional, Yiski headed to the front and unlocked the door.

As soon as it was, it was opened and Roland rushed in, shutting the door quickly behind him.

I'm gonna guess it's a bit chilly outside still? He smirked.

Of course it is Yiski. I did not think I would have gotten here without some frostbite.

Yiski laughs.
You're young, hardy, and full of fiery spirit. He smirks again. Speaking of fiery, you got anythin' special planned for you and Ny?

Roland blushed remembering how yesterday's event rewarded him with Ny-Lee. It brought a wide smile to his face.
Yes, I plan on taking Ny-Lee to a play write. I believe there is one performing tomorrow.

Yiski scratched his head.
Maybe... you know I'm not all into the fancy arts. You'd probably have better luck asking either Qwerty or Oliver.

Roland nodded his head in agreement. All the while, still having his wide grin. Yiski shook his head and laughed.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 14, 2013, 11:50:39 am »
-Docks-

-Narrator-

The low hum of the generator keeping the Port heaters working was the only sound this cool morning. Zill had accepted Jun'ko's invitation to sleep in the warmth of the back room. He was fast asleep in his overstuffed chair while she occupied the bed. All this thoughts the night before about Jun'ko kept him up for a couple extra hours, so he was still out cold. Jun'ko was the first to begin waking up. She let out a low sigh when she discovered she was alone in the bed.

Maybe I was too forward. Drat!

Her thought was interrupted when she was startled to see Zill in the chair overlooking the bed. She figured out in the passing minutes that he was still sleeping. She grinned.

Always the gentlemen. I wonder...

She slowly rose out of bed to keep quiet, wearing only her undergarments. She carefully straddled Zill in the chair. Then she slowly went to remove his mask. This was enough to wake him. He was dazed at first.

Looks like another dream....wait a second...

His hand catches hers on the back of his head. She jumps and chuckles.

You werent supposed to wake up, oh captain. I see you made yourself comfy.

Took me half the night to come in here, truth be told. I thought i was dreaming there until i felt your unyielding curiosity.

Well, I dont intend to kiss a mask all the time.

Zill couldnt resist the charm. His grip slowly loosened on her hand and she undid the mask, slowly revealing his face. She smiled.

Now was that so bad? Yiski was right to tall you a looker.

Yea no kidding. Im amazed this hasnt put you off yet.

Nonsense. I see an Admiral worthy of praise.

Zill only smirks. She leans in and grants the kiss she promised. In Zill's darkened world, it was a ray of pure sunshine. The kiss lasted 10 seconds, though it felt like an eternity. She then gets up to get ready.

Im still expecting my surprise y'know.

By my count, a few are in order now.

Jun'ko disappears into the back, humming a tune. Zill only grins.

-End Narration-

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 14, 2013, 12:13:58 pm »
--Docks--

*BdrLine's home*

*Ny-Lee is the first to wake, she go changed from her sleeping garments and heads downstairs*
*As she heads down, she keeps replaying the scene of how she and Roland got together*
What a day yesterday was, *sighs dreamily* Now I'm really glad that I came out here

*She noticed that her brother is not down, and assumes he still up sleeping, them a thought came back to her back to their childhood*
*she heads to the kitchen and finds a bucket under the sink, she fills the bucket with ice cold water*
*Ny proceeds to head up to her brothers room and sees him still fast asleep*
*She creeps up to the side of the bed and.....*

SPLASH

*Bdr drenched and cold, fell off the bed onto the floor, he looks up to see his said attacker and saw Ny-Lee with a bucket in her hands*
Gods really Ny, I thought you were older then that!? And shouldn't be a little more like a lady since you are going out with Roland *smirks*

Just because I am now dating, doesnt mean I still can't mess with you, but since you are now awake, I be heading out to the saloon, you coming?

No you go on ahead, I gonna stay here and see if everything is still fine after the storm

Well alright see you later then
*Ny-Lee heads downstairs, grabs her overcoat and heads to the Burning Skies*

*sigh* sisters will always be sisters

*Bdr gets up and changes from his wets cloths and heads out to Zill's docks again*

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:16:34 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 14, 2013, 12:45:06 pm »
--Shink's Apartment--

*It's been 15 years since the fall of 'Shark Bait'. The boy survived, though just barely. The fisherman's family that pulled him from the sea took him under their wing, and raised them as if he was their own. Now, the boy has come of an age where he must leave. With his bags packed and his goodbyes, the boy heads to the nearest dock to head to the place of his dreams, Anvala.*

*The boy arrives at the docks, and is looking for a ship to take him to Anvala, when Terror jolts through his entire body, as he glances through the line of airships. How could he forget the ship that took down the 'Shark Bait'? Soon, rage replaced that terror, and the boy storms over to the ship to confront the raiders.*

*As he draws near to the ship, he can overhear some of the raiders talking*

"Why do we work for this baron anyway? All that fat lard ever does is complain"

"Shhhh.... do you want him to hear you? We work for him, so that the authorities don't lock us up. Small wonder why they would... they're as corrupt as we are"

"Will you two shut up and load the merchandise! We told the Baron we would deliver them to the black market in Anvala by Friday"

*The raiders start loading large crates into the hold. Seeing his opportunity, the boy Bolts into the hold of the ship and lays low until the ship takes off .

*Shink wakes from his dream*

Well that's a little better... I should probably go see Zill, and see if he knows this baron guy

*Heads out the door*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 14, 2013, 02:15:06 pm »
--Docks--

*As BdrLine nears Zill's docks, he sees the many heaters on as well as almost everything is completely  ice free, except for few chunks here and there, nothing big to disrupt operations.*
*As he enters, he sees many of the workers back  going about their business, from checking the heaters and generator, to movig supplies around*

Hmm everything is functional at least *he looks around and doesn't see Zill among the crowd of people*

*To a worker*
Hey have you seen the Admiral anywhere?

Well no,haven't seen him since yesterday. Last time i saw him, he was looking over the heaters before heading in to his ware house. Guess he might be in there still.

Ok, thanks for the info. I be heading over there to check up on him then

No problem

*As the worker heads off in one direction, BdrLine goes to Zill's warehouse and knocoks on the door*

Zill, you in there? Think you should come out and se the progress we made from the day before

--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee enters the saloon and sees both Yiski and Roland*
*She goes up to Roland, hugs and pecks him on the lips*

So when are we going on that date huh Roland. *She says playfully*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 14, 2013, 02:35:20 pm »
--Saloon--

*Roland smiles and kisses Ny back*
I am confident there is a play write happening tomorrow. I believe it is a comedy. I hope tomorrow is not too soon.

*Yiski looks over to the couple and teases them.*
Unless you plan on putting on a show for the entire saloon, I'd think it best for you to either head upstairs or go into the back.

*The couple blush and Yiski continues to serve the few patrons while chuckling.*
Hmm... they're goin' on their date tomorrow huh? Well, I did promise Micheal I'd watch over him, so it shouldn't be a problem if I observe from a distance. Better dismount Blood's scope for me to use.

*Roland looks back to Ny-Lee*
Well, it looks like I need to get back to work. Do you want something to drink?

*Roland gives Ny a peck on the cheek and heads behind the counter*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 14, 2013, 02:51:09 pm »
-Docks-

*Zill hears the knocking and opens the door.*

Ah BdrLine. Yea I just got a late start is all. Long night as usual.

*Jun'ko reappears, adjusting her tool belt, still humming. She passes by the both of them*

Heya BdrLine. Oh wow look at all the work we managed. This is great!

*Zill's head sinks a little*

Yea that looks great. Ill leave Bdr to his thoughts on that one...

*A messenger comes up and hands a parchment to Zill. It bares the Council Dock seal. He reads it and smirks.*

Jun'ko, your first surprise will be here before nightfall. Make ready two large docks for arrivals and spread the word.

*Her eyes light up a little and she runs back to peck Zill on the mask.*

I knew youd make good on your promise. To work, oh captain!

*Zill and Bdr head off after her to prepare.*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 14, 2013, 03:21:59 pm »
--Docks--

*Bdr looks back between Zill and Jun'ko and smirks on the inside not showing it*

So i see you two are getting along quite swimmingly *holding back a small laugh* Well i guess i go out and help prepare the two docks also

*As BdrLine leaves to get a small group of workers to help prepare, as soon he is out of sight he lets out his laugh*
*As he puts an hand to his sides, him in his thoughts
Wow,i think thats the first time i seen Zill, puts his head down. And of all things, because of Jun'ko. I guess she finally got to him. Well Zill does need someone once in a while, lucky for him its her *Bdr takes a deep breath to calm himself*

*to a group*

Oi you guys, come and help me out, Zill wants to prepare two large docks and we need it ready by nightfall, so chop chop

*He and the group goes out to the area and start fixing it up*

--Saloon--
*To Roland*

Yes please, can i have a Frost Fire

*as she sits and waits, she just looks around at the other patrons*
So besides going to the comedy, is there anywhere else you want to go?

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 14, 2013, 04:41:02 pm »
*Shink Finally arrives at the Docks. He starts to look around for Zill*

"Hey Zill! you around? I gotta question."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 14, 2013, 04:58:28 pm »
--Saloon--

*Roland hands Ny-Lee a mug of Frost Fire Ale*
After the play write, there is something I would like us to go, but you will have to wait for tomorrow. *Roland smiles*

*Suddenly the two can hear sizzling coming from the back. Ny-Lee was confused what was making it, but Roland knew all too well. Roland yells at Yiski*
Yiski! I think one of the Hellfire barrel agitators has malfunctioned!

*Without responding, Yiski makes a mad dash into the back. Seconds pass and the sizzling could still be heard. Everyone in the saloon paused, waiting for their fate. Ny-Lee turned to Roland with a confused look. Roland explained.*
The sound of sizzling means a Hellfire barrel is settling. Typically, a mug of it sizzling causes a minor explosion. A barrel would take out the entire saloon. Multiple barrels in a chain reaction would take out the entire district.

*Just as Roland finishes his short explanation, the sizzling stopped and everyone in the saloon exhaled in relief. Yiski emerges from the back.*
Don't worry, we're not dyin' today. One of the damn agitators froze over. Why do all the drinks I make have to so damn flammable?

Because they would not be worth drinking.

True.

Offline Qwerty Kun

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 23
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 14, 2013, 05:38:31 pm »
*Hearing the commotion inside and talk of hellfire, Qwerty's hand pauses. Is it really safe in there? he wonders to himself....'who cares I need a drink follow after' and he walks tenderly through the door, yesterday still taking its toll on his body*

Greetings all

*Qwerty slumps into a stool at the bar and rest his head on his arms, trying to stay awake*

Yiski ill have whatever you think is the strongest drink in this damn bar

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 14, 2013, 05:40:34 pm »
-Somewhere-
ugh...
*slowly opens eyes, realising that he lies headlong on a stone pavement*
What the hell?...
*Makes an attempt at getting up, only to fall down again*