Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1346460 times)

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1710 on: May 29, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »
Honeybadger sits up from the couch and slowly stands up. He puts on his vest and then wraps his coat around his body covering any bandages from showing.

Honeybadger
"I'm going to the hospital, might as well. I'll be back tonight..."

Before Honeybadger leaves he grabs his bag and finishes his drink, as he was going out the door he didn't realize that they had took his guns. They said they were going to leave them at the saloon but Honeybadger ausumed he had them. Along with that he left the picture of his firmiliar brother on the couch.

Honeybadger exited the Burning Skies Saloon.

-The Hospital, Some time later-

Honeybadger strolls in to see that the hospital is empty except the very bored receptionist at the front desk, he walks toward her.

Honeybadger
"Excuse me miss-"

He was cut off by a index finger close to his face.

Receptionist
"Fill out a form and wait for your name to be called..."

Honeybadger started to get annoyed

Honeybadger
*Pulling his coat over his shoulder* "Well I would if not for the lead rotting inside me..."

The receptionist had quite a fright as she had not expected that he had been shot, she quickly called down a doctor, keeping her eyes on Honeybadger the entire time.

Honeybadger smiles

Honeybadger
"Thank you."

He walked to the doctor that was called for him, and got lead to the room.

Doctor
"Alright Mister...?"

Honeybadger
"Honeybadger."

The doctor looks at him half concerned had confused

Doctor
"Riiiight.Well whats the problem?"

Honeybadger pulls his coat over revealing the blood stains and the bandaging. The Doctors eye's widen and jaw slightly drops

Doctor
"Um... Nurse?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 29, 2013, 04:39:41 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski was feeling particularly chipper as the day went on and who could blame him. A mortal enemy from his and Zill's past was finally gone. A laboratory full of monsters had blown up and his son and new daughter-in-law were going to be home tomorrow. His positive attitude was not missed by anyone in the saloon, but it did make them worry. A happy Yiski either made new drinks or new weapons, and on rare occasions, both.

Yiski
"Jun, you mind helpin' Lauren with the saloon?"

Jun'ko
"I don't mind. I actually need to move and shuffle a lot after being cooped up in the warehouse."

Yiski smiled and started whistling as he went into the back. The whole saloon now knew at this point tomorrow Yiski would have a new brew of sort. Some were excited. Many others, terrified.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 29, 2013, 07:01:29 pm »
-Saloon-

Zill watched as Yiski nearly skipped to the back room and shook his head.
Zill
Lord knows what's is coming out with him...

Jun'ko started filling some orders and was generally being a flirt, but mostly with Zill.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 29, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »
--Docks--

With the new influx of ships, BdrLine spends the whole day directing, organising, and transporting the items and goods off the many ships.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1714 on: May 29, 2013, 09:12:41 pm »
-Burning Skies Saloon-

Honeybadger had burst through the door with two submachine guns in his hands, he had been running a little bit, but above all, sweaty.

Honeybadger
"Alright, this time I'm almost positive I've lost them."

Honeybadger's wound had been sewn up from the doctor, but the blood was leaking out because of the running. He sat down exhausted.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:50 pm »
-Saloon-

Zill sat and drank his Hellfire, turning around to watch Jun'ko and Lauren fly around with orders. Jun'ko really had a knack for waiting the tables.

Honeybadger walked in, trailing blood and spent casings on the floor. He sat on the couch and Zill just shook his head. Jun'ko was too busy with orders to bother with him as well. Lauren quickly patched up Honeybadger, and slapped him on the head for once again getting hurt and making a mess.

Zill laughs to himself, because it had to of been one of the first things he would of done similar to her.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1716 on: May 29, 2013, 10:30:07 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger sighs on the couch.

Honeybadger
"Much obliged Lauren, but here's the thing. I don't think they were looking for redemption for Johnny Riggs. When they attacked me at the hospital, I think they were mad because I killed their cousin a couple of days ago when I sneaked out of the saloon..."

An audible smack could be heard in the back room, Honeybadger thought Yiski had facepalmed.

Honeybadger recapped the events that transpired a couple of nights ago...

-Somewhere in Analva a Couple Nights Ago-

Honeybadger is walking down a dark alleyway, he slows down for a second to take a small note from his pocket. It read:

Exit the saloon and walk down into the alleyway to the left, take a right, then go forward, then a right, then another left, and then a right. Go down until you see a tattered sign with an ace of spades on it.

Honeybadger looks up from the note and spots a tattered sign, he looks back down at the note

And whatever you do DO NOT...

The note had ripped this morning from Honeybadger falling from the roof of the burning skies. He sighed and went down into the doorway. He cautiously pushed it open. He saw a very posh looking place, then he had realized it was the poker club that he had gone with Jibbs to take the bounty on Riggs. His face went pale.

The place looked less lively, this could have something to do with the semi large population of gang members, inside and outside of the place. There were two gang members where the waiter/butler used to stand, before he was shot of course. They turned around, they were shocked at the sight of Honeybadger. Almost like they had seen a ghost, they yelped and pulled their guns and shot, surprised, Honeybadger ran to cover.

Honeybadger
"FUCK!"

He heard the two bandits mumbling

Bandit 1
"Fuck, that ain't him is it?"

Bandit 2
"Hopefully we won't have to find out, keep shooting"

The two bandits laid down suppressing fire.

Honeybadger searched his coat pocket for a gun, he found one. He wasn't really sure where he got it. The other one was his trusty modified Colt .45, he sighed as he saw it. He fired blindly, one of them went close enough that the bandits retreated to cover, Honeybadger then used that opportunity to leap out of cover and shoot through the flimsy cover that they were hiding under, he lowered his head and charged through as the bandits laid into him with gunfire.

Luckily one of the bandits had surfaced and Honeybadger had shot him through the heart, the other one, trying to hit something had almost grazed Honeybadger before he had shot him though the neck. Honeybadger had surfaced.

Honeybadger
*Sigh* Those two seemed startled, I don't remember messing with their gang. I doubt they belonged to Riggs, too inexperienced.

Honeybadger walked towards the bandits and looted their ammo, they were probably carrying that much to suffice for their lack of experience. He went through the tattered and looted facility until he got to the bar, he saw his bag where some of the booze was. Relieved, he started to exit with his long lost baggage. He assumed the bandits didn't want to loot it because there wasn't much of value. As he got toward the door he heard a loud voice on the other side of the door.

Bandit Leader
"HONEY! I KNOW YOUR IN THERE! COME OUT AND FACE ME LIKE A MAN!"

Honeybadger had sighed and walked out of the door, he was greeted by a man in a long duster coat with bandoleer and dirty face and beard. His hair was greasy and so was every piece of skin showing. Once he saw Honeybadger he spat at the ground, he was acompanied by similar looking bandits (hygiene wise) that wore vests. All of them were packing heat.

Honeybadger had a bored expression that most people who just didn't give a fuck had.

Honeybadger
"What do you want?"

Bandit Leader
"I want you to pay for the lives of my men that you killed a week ago."

Honeybadger had a very confused look as to his memory he had only killed two

Honeybadger
"What do you mean? I only killed two... Now."

The Bandit Leader now looked pissed, if he wasn't going to shoot Honeybadger, his men were.

Bandit Leader
"Enough, I challenge you to a duel for the honor of the men you have slain."

Honeybadger sighed and dropped his bag, then slid his coat back so he could have clear access to his gun. The bandit leader had his hand ready, Honeybadger simply crossed his arms. The bandit leader stared Honeybadger down, He just rolled his eyes.

It was silence for a good 15 seconds before the Bandit Leader had pulled, Instead of pulling from his waist, Honeybadger pulled two guns from his rib holsters, one he shot at the sternum of the leader, whose bullet he had dodged by falling to his knees before he pulled the trigger. After the bullet had hit the Bandit leader, the bandits started to pull their guns.

Honeybadger used the other gun to shoot a nearby pipe spilling hot steam scolding one bandit and shortly blinding the other four. He then started to run the other direction. As he didn't have time to reload. He picked up his bag and bolted to a service ladder to the top of a building. The bandits were shooting at him but luckily the bullets his the scaffolding. He put the bag over his shoulder as he got to the top of the building and started to run, after a little while, the bandits started to follow

Honeybadger had pulled his gun and managed to hit two of the bandits, he hopped over rooftop to rooftop to try and reach the Saloon which he knew would be boring without him. As he hopped a building he was cut off by another bandit. Thinking quickly, he kicked a loose roof shingle into his face, while he was disoriented, he quickly ran up and drop kicked the bandit off the roof and onto an unsuspecting fruit stand. He continued to jump from building to building until he reached the saloon.

Unfortunately he got turned around and found his way back in the morning.

He thought it would be cool if he jumped through a window but Yiski had knowingly fortified it for a situation like that, so after he hit the walls of the saloon and plummeted to the ground, he had recovered his fall and pitter pattered his way to the front door of the saloon.

He walked up to the bar and sat down.

-Saloon, Present Day-

Honeybadger
"Johnny Riggs was a snake, but the man I killed a couple nights ago was unfortunately a kinsmen Matthew Riggs. Fuck, I gotta stop killing these guys and switch back to bounties, or get a job."

Honeybadger puts his hand in his hair. Tired.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 30, 2013, 12:20:33 am »
-Narrator-

The Burning Skies was relatively normal tonight, if you could ever call it as such. Patrons came and went. Jun'ko and Lauren were fast making a good team out of serving and making drinks. Zill enjoyed the night with a few drinks, and a near fight with another patron over grabbing Jun'ko. He was lucky it didn't get to that though, as just keeping a straight face during the argument was hard given his condition.

The night wore on, patrons cleared out, and Yiski was still creating something in the back. Honeybadger tried to get back there once, but was quickly shoved out by Yiski. He ended up falling asleep on the couch.

Jun'ko paid Yiski (with Zill's money) to take the spare room, as Zill wasn't feeling up for walking back to the warehouse at this hour. They made it upstairs and both passed out.

BdrLine was still at the docks, and wouldn't be done till morning with his work. A fellow dockworker lent him a room for a few hours sleep.

Lauren and Yiski went up after the saloon was clean and his creation was done. The morning would be interesting for everyone, as something new was brewin'.

-End Narrator-

--End Day 108--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:59 am »
--START OF DAY 109--

--NARRATOR--

Before sunrise, Yiski checked on his newest three brews. Each one was fermenting nicely and it would be around mid-afternoon before they were ready to serve. Thinking about the afternoon also reminded Yiski that Ny-Lee and Roland were to arrive. He grinned mostly because they weren't here for the horrid affair with the invasion.

Suddenly, Yiski was hugged from behind by Lauren. He turned to kiss Lauren and the two said their 'good mornings.'

Lauren
"How do you think these will turn out?"

Yiski
"Until I get a few willin' participants to try them... no clue."

An hour passes for getting the saloon ready to open and to keep checking the stills. Before opening, Jun'ko and Zill came downstairs. Zill still having difficulty moving. Yiski sighs.

Yiski
"Shouldn't you be back at the hospital? I think I can see a few metal bits stickin' out."

Zill
"I'll manage." *Getting a stern glare from Jun'ko* *sighing* "Fine. I'll get the remaining bits removed. For you."

Jun'ko
"We'll be back later! Oh... and if we're not back when Ny and Roland get back, come get us!"

Lauren
"Will do Jun."

With that, Jun'ko and Zill head out for the nearest triage for a little shrapnel removal.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 30, 2013, 10:17:24 am »
-Triage Center-

Zill and Jun'ko walked into the triage. The front receptionist immediately recognized Zill.
Receptionist
"Finally tired of the pain?"

Zill
"How did you...?"

The receptionist points to a bulletin board. On it was Zill, with a notice that he left without complete treatment. His head sank and Jun'ko just giggled. He went to the back and a was given a room. Zill gave the book to Jun'ko for safe keeping before the doctor arrived.
Doctor
"The removal won't be great, but it's better than leaving it in there."

Zill
"Do what you need to. I'm not staying after though."

Both the doctor and Jun'ko sighed.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1720 on: May 30, 2013, 11:16:45 am »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger awoke to the smell of fermenting Liquor.

Honeybadger
"Mmmm, Morning Yiski. *Yawn*"

Honeybadger sits up on the couch and grabs his shoulder, he knew grabbing it wouldn't stop the pain but it felt pretty good after doing it.

Honeybadger sees the two submachine guns he slept with last night.

Honeybadger
Well hello ladies...

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 30, 2013, 12:08:17 pm »
Yiski walks out into the main floor to see Honeybadger getting up.

Yiski
"As I told Zill before he left, you might want to get yourself check out too. The last thing I want is to increase the number of people bleedin' inside my saloon."

Lauren
"Yiski, I think I'm going to head over to the docks."

Yiski
"Now? Ny and Roland still have a few hours."

Lauren
"I know, but it's been a while since I've just flown."

Lauren puts on her best sad puppy face to Yiski. While he could have easily resisted, he thought she could some fast flying.

Yiski
*sigh* "Alright, you can take Kyllo out for a few laps. She should be the second to last pier."

Lauren
"No worries. You know I'll be safe."

Lauren then bolts out of the saloon full speed to the docks. Yiski sighed, but he knew her place was in the skies.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1722 on: May 30, 2013, 12:14:33 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger looks at Yiski annoyed.

Honeybadger
"I got myself checked out, then I had too shoot myself out of the Hospital. In fact I got these submachine guns from Zills flower vase."

Honeybadger unloads the submachine guns, strips them and walks over to his bag to put them away.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 30, 2013, 12:18:31 pm »
After thanking Tommy for letting him stay at his aparmemt for the night after working the whole day yesterday, BdrLine decides that he should take a break and heads over to the saloon.

--Saloon--

Few minutes of walking and he is in front of the building. He goes through the door and notices a new smell in the air. BdrLine walks towards the bar, nods to Honeybadger, and takes a seat at the bar where Yiski is.

"Hey Yiski, got any reports of Yeshan or Baron ships in? The ones I called to help support the remaing ships here. And what new brews did you come up with now. I smelled them when I entered."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 30, 2013, 01:36:56 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski also took a deep whiff of the brews from the back before looking back to BdrLine.

Yiski
"I think some of the Baron ships are comin' in tomorrow and the Yeshan ships should be here in a few hours. As far as the brews goes, you know I can't name them till some tastes them.

The idea of BdrLine taste testing brought shivers down his spine.

--Around the Skies of Anvala--

Lauren was zipping around the plains east of Anvala in Yiski's squid Kyllo. While many crewmen with were used to the typical squid pilot using kerosene or moonshine, Lauren had her own brew (with Yiski's help many years ago) which triples engine output with a little more damage to the engines. Couple that with her tendencies to pull insane and suicidal maneuvers, would make any veteran crewman turn white from fear. On the other hand, Lauren was loving it.

Lauren
"What's the matter boys? Never been this close to the ground in a squid this fast? Ha!"