Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1346127 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1680 on: May 28, 2013, 02:15:35 pm »
--Saloon--

BdrLine gives a small chuckle at Badger's attempted repair. He walks towards the door and calls out to Honeybadger and Gabranth.

"If Yiski and Lauren wondering where I went, tell them I'm at the docks to see if they will rebuild my house. See ya"

He walks out the door and heads over to the docks. Construction is still taking place, but there are improvements are taken place. After a few minutes of walking, he arrives to the plot where his house stood, next to the plot, he notices some construction workers and goes up to them.

BdrLine
"Hey there, so you guys are going to rebuild this right?"

The men look over and sees BdrLine. What looks like the foreman turns and answers him.

Foreman
"You the owner? But yeah after we clear this will start building and give you a brand new home."

BdrLine
"So how long will it take?"

Foreman
"Depends on what resources we have. With all the reconstruction and the limited resources, we have to prioritise which buildings take great importance. So it may take a few weeks or months even."

BdrLine
"Hmm I see, well thank for the info."

Foreman
"No problem, we'll try to bring it up but you know the toll the city has taken."

BdrLine nods to them and walks off. During his walk around the docks, he sees Zill and goes towards him. 

BdrLine
"So after this while ordeal, your Galleon is still standing" *whistles in amazement* "Still don't know how ou mange this."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 28, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »
-Port-

Zill turns to BdrLine, shifting his weight slowly.
Zill
"I don't know either. At least this time. She should of snapped in half but something in there held fast."

The squids had finished their preparations. The improvised balloons of the galleon lifted her out of the dock and into the sky. The tow lines got tight and soon enough, they were towing her away toward the council docks. She still creaked and groaned from it, but never did break apart as it left the port's airspace. Zill cleared his throat of the dust and pat BdrLine on the back.
Zill
"Well since your house is MIA and my galleon is now off to repair, lets see what I have to fly now."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 28, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »
--Saloon--

After Yiski initiated the brewing process, Yiski went to his workbench and set the radio to Lance's frequency.

Yiski
"Crimson to Phantom."

Lance
"Phantom here. Mission successful. The late Commodore shouldn't be a problem anymore."

Yiski
"Good to hear."

Lance
"Don't know if you've heard yet, but there was an incident at Izumi we didn't cause."

Yiski
"A friend here made a few calls."

Lance
"Understood. Gotta say it felt good getting the Ghosts together. Any other targets you want gone?"

Yiski
"If any more pop up, I'll call you first. Crimson out."

Yiski went back to the main floor with a spring in his step. Lauren noticed it.

Lauren
"Why are you suddenly happy."

Yiski
"Because I get to report to the Council...

Lauren
"How does that make you happy?"

Yiski
"... and get them to lift the lockdown."

--Council Gardens--

Yiski left and headed for the Council Building. Once there, he had little trouble getting an audience within their Chambers.

(3)
"You have a report for us?"

Yiski
"Yup. The threat against the city is gone."

(5)
"Care to elaborate?"

Yiski
"Former Guild Commodore out for revenge. Worked with Birdmen who created those abominations. Two teams took out the Commodore and the abomination labs."

(9)
"We see. We have little reason to doubt your confidence in your team, but we still require in-depth reports."

Yiski
"Yeah. I know. Is it at least enough to lift the lockdown. It's gettin' a little rough with supply rationin'."

(3)
"Given the restoration of our full radio communications and advance warning protocols..." *Looking at the other eight who are nodding* "considered the lockdown lifted. You may pass the orders on if you wish."

Yiski
"Will do."

Yiski walks back out of the Chambers and makes his way to Port Tar Barrel.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1683 on: May 28, 2013, 03:15:29 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger, after patching up the hole with great precision walks over to the bar to open up his bag which he had been without for a long time.

When he opened his bag he was instantly hit with memorabilia from the past, all of his past came back to him slowly. He sighed. Then he got to a small knick knack, he picked it up then put it down on the counter. A rusty spoon.

Honeybadgers eye's started to water as he put his had over his face and looked at the spoon.

Honeybadger
"Uh... One Hellfire please. It's going to be a long night..."

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 28, 2013, 03:25:21 pm »
-Saloon-

*Looks to Honeybadger , with both eyebrows raised*

"Aaalright , I think I´m gonna ignore this , typical HoneyBadger"

"Scuse me , do you have Whiskey , Lauren ? Would be terrific if I could have one , on ice please."

*looks around*

"Its been a bit empty here lately , hasnt it ?"

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 28, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »
Lockheart walks into the saloon briskly, with Cecelia on his arm. He arrives in time to hear Gabranths comment.

Lockheart
"Well. It just got filled a bit more!"

Cecelia
"Oh, Shut up Julius"

Lockheart
"What?, nothing wrong adding a bit of humor into my day."

*They take seats at the bar next to eachother*

Lockheart
"G'day Gabranth, How are you faring out?"

Cecelia
*Clears throat*

Lockheart
"Ah, where are my manners!. Gabranth this is Cecelia, my wife."

*turns to the bar*

Lockheart
"Any chance of 2 Hellfires anyone?"

Cecelia
"Your mad if you think im having one of them"

Lockheart
"Then call me mad."

*Turns back to Gabranth*

Lockheart
"Has your hunt for accommodation gone ok?"

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1686 on: May 28, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »
Honeybadger looks at the spoon and wipes his eye

Honeybadger
"Hey, Lockheart or Gabranth. Can you help me with something? I need you to hold a couple of things for a sec."

Honeybadger began to get certain memorabilia out.

Honeybadger
This stuff, how could I have forgotten my own brother? *Sniff*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 28, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »
--Port Tar Barrel--

Yiski enters and sees the area in a slow pace. No orders had yet been stated that lockdown was lifted. Yiski saw BdrLine and Zill in front of what Yiski thought was the remains of Then It Was Fixed Again, but Yiski kept walking. Yiski had a different destination in mind.

Yiski approached the PA booth and knocked on the door and waved through the door's window. The operator looked confused.

Yiski
"Open it. We got new orders."

The operator opened the door and let Yiski in who went straight for the PA. He set the broadcast to hit all ports around the city.

Yiski
"Commander Yiski. Good news everyone! Anvala is no longer under threat of another attack. No more lockdown!"

Cheers and grumbles could be heard through Port Tar Barrel. Cheers because now more supplies and trade could get into the city. Grumbles because it meant they were going to be busy again. The cheers and grumbles went on a for a while.

Yiski
"Stop cheerin' and grumblin' and start workin'!"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 28, 2013, 05:29:03 pm »
--Port Tar Barrel--

As the two of them watch as the squids lifted the galleon, BdrLine to Zill.

"Hmm don't you still have your Squid and Spire? Haven't seen much of them."

The two then turn to a nearby speaker as it turns on and hears Yiski's message of the lockdown being lifted.

"I assume that the Guild has be taken care of huh? At least now we can get supplies in, hmm I wonder how long it will take for my mothers ships to arrive?" *The last sentence more to himself then to Zill*

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 28, 2013, 05:47:18 pm »
*Turns to honeybadger and gives him a questioning look*

Lockheart
"I guess i could"

*Moves over towards honeybadger*

Lockheart
"although i do only have one functional arm"

*Laughs*

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 28, 2013, 06:22:09 pm »
The morning:
At seven, as was the usual habit of the accommodation he had the privilege of having, the morning-bells rang at the corridor and the ma'am who led the house walked past and knocked on doors announcing that their rooms would be inspected at noon, whether they were present or not. Well, that is new, Wilkinson thought while pulling up his pants. After pulling the suspenders up he checked the room, and nodded in satisfaction, as there wasn't a speck of dirt anywhere, and the few personal items he had were in a wall-bolted lock-chest. Humming a fjorlandian chanting tune he shaved his beard and brushed his teeth with the newfangled toothbrush his previous captain was so strict about. After becoming satisfied with his outlook he pulled his coat and weapon-belt on, pulled the outfit straight and headed out.

At the corridor he met the ma'am, who greeted him with a genuine smile. "Mr. Wilkinson, where are you headed today? I thought you were helping with the roof?"
"Miss Farlene, I am terribly sorry", Wilkinson said bowing apologetically, "but I was told there would be a job for me available at the Academy barracks, and the gentleman telling me to go there was terribly authoritative."
Miss Farlene sighed deep before answering: "You just survived your previous captain, and just when I thought I'd have a reliable resident you have to go seeking trouble again? Well, at least you'll be staying in town for a while longer. Do take care, and remember, no rummaging in the corridors after ten."
"Yes, ma'am. Have a pleasant day, and I will try to find time to fix the roof at earliest possible opportunity."
"That is all I ask."

Academy barracks weren't that hard to find, Mill had noticed yesterday evening when he had scouted the location. A simple turn to right, a shortcut from in-between of the residential block and along a artisan street until the gates emerged. He was at the gate, where a soldier of sorts seemed to keep guard. "Oi, I need to sign in on this action here."
"And who the hell do you think you are?"
Wilkinson grinned. "I am a guy who was told by the commander of the Anvalan defense to be at the barracks at o-eighthundred and get my gear."
For a moment the rifleman looked puzzled, then yelled some commands to the inside, from where a slight-build soldier came jogging. "Rico, take this guy and throw him to the command. He wants to sign up."
"Yes, corporal. If you will, sir?" the man pointed towards Mill's pistol, which was freely given, alongside a boot-knife and brass knuckles. "Naturally, we wouldn't want the paper-pushers getting all huffed up over nothing, now would we?" he smiled amusedly.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1691 on: May 28, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger hands Lockheart a several peices of memorabelia, among them was a stuffed plushie of a duck, a dictionary that had been altered to read "Dicktionary" and altered ship blueprints. Whoever drew them added a top hat to a spire, quite humerous.

Honeybadger
"This is all my brothers shit, I'm trying to get a picture out from this..."

Honeybadger's face lights up in recognition and slight delight as he pulls out an old picture.

Honeybadger
"Here it is."

In the picture shows a younger Honeybadger with ruffled hair and a soft face he looked 18 years old, he is wearing a similar vest that he wears now.

Next to him in the picture is a bald, taller individual with a wide jaw, the little hair he had was on the sides of his head, he wore a vest and a big smile, Honeybadgers father. Next to his father stood a semi slender looking dude with messier hair then Honeybadger, upon inspecting the picture, a corporal insignia is found on his brothers shoulder, with the other hand he makes his two fingers look like bunny ears on his fathers head.

This man looks strangely firmiliar to most people in the bar.

Honeybadger
"We grew up in the Baronies, although we were separated after my brother went off to war. Then I got bad news... When I went to Yesha as a traveling magician, I heard that my brother had died. So when I was forced out of Yesha, I went back to the Baronies to see if he was there..."

He started to get choked up

Honeybadger
"So I started a tinkering workshop after I didn't find him anywhere. Then I moved here."

Honeybadger looks at Lockheart. He forces a smile.

Honeybadger
"I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but it makes me feel a little better if I don't keep it to myself."

Honeybadger looks at the picture and sips his drink.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 28, 2013, 07:01:43 pm »
-Port Tar Barrel-

Zill looked toward his warehouse, where Jun'ko had since disappeared to. He pointed to his squid which was barely visible under a tarp.
Zill
"There's the squid. She just needs some guns and should be ready for a fight. The spire is over in the medium docks, but some greaser put kerosene in the balloon and burned it to a crisp. The balloon was supposed to get here a few days ago but, with all this I'm not surprised it's late."

He peered up to the Sky in thought before looking to Bdr. With the threat gone for now, life could start getting back to normal. He took a step toward his warehouse, only to be reminded his body wasn't off lockdown.

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 28, 2013, 07:06:48 pm »
*lockheart pats Honeybadger on the back*

Lockheart
"I can say i have ever dealt with the loss of a family member. As well... frankly i had a very "Cushy" Upbringing. Finest education in Chaladon, in the Noblility, waited on my every wim..."

*Sighs*

Lockheart
"But what i have learnt on loss is that i learnt in the military."

*Takes a seat*

Lockheart
"This was way before i was in the air force, this was when i was a Private in the Chaladon watch. We were assaulting a fortification on a hill, me and my platoon were marching up the east side under the cover of night. We were told it was going to be easy, it'd be over in a hour, we'd be back in time for tea. Then gatling fire wiped across us, taking out 17 men in one swoop. We stood Scared and in doubt"

*Laughs*

Lockheart
"Pah, i thought about tailing my high-end outta there more than once. But our commander shot up the hill and shouted for us to march on despite the loss of friends. Like then, even though its hard just keep going, take it in your stride. Try to move on.... "

*nudges Honeybadger and whispers*

"Stiff upper lip and all that"

*turns back8

"Can i get a hellfire for this man?"

*Lockheart turns and faces the bar again. Cecelia comforts honeybadger*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 28, 2013, 07:11:27 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski returned to the saloon. It was the late afternoon and many of the construction workers were done. Without saying a word, Yiski hopped behind the counter and helped Lauren with serving drinks.

Yiski
"Anythin' interestin' happen while I was out?"

Lauren
"Not really, just things got busy an hour after you left. Though a lot of people are happier."

Yiski
"Well, the lockdown was lifted."

Lauren
"Have you heard from Ny-Lee or Roland?"

Yiski
"Naw... they're probably having too much fun. Why waste it on callin' me?"

The two gave a chuckle and went back to serving.

--Cathedral--

Ny-Lee
"What's this? I can't believe this happened while we were here?"

Roland
"Agreed. You would think this kind of news would spread faster."

Ny-Lee
"You think we should call him later to see if things are alright?"

Roland
"Definitely."