Author Topic: Release 1.4.1 Notes  (Read 93017 times)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Release 1.4.1 Notes
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2015, 12:24:17 pm »
There is a tiny arrow pointing down at the ship the color your team is (very tiny in a world of everything else too big). But yes, I miss that as well. Maybe the entire HUD could be your team color so there is no mistake.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2015, 01:14:26 pm »
I totally missed that too. The entire HUD is a bit much. That little colored box in the bottom corner was just right. Also on the topic of UI, I think the lines are too clean given the worn and rusty nature of the world. A little bit of scratching and faded edges would go a long way to making the UI feel more harmonious with the environment.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2015, 01:42:23 pm »
While the UI is not an offense to my eyes, I do miss the team indicator. Sometimes I forget if I am on red or blue, especially if I spent my time in lobby socializing.

There are two ship icons right under the compass, and there should be an arrow above one of those indicating your team color.
The arrow doesn't work

Also, those ships are bloody huge and undo any element of immersion I had achieved prior

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2015, 02:18:08 pm »
While the UI is not an offense to my eyes, I do miss the team indicator. Sometimes I forget if I am on red or blue, especially if I spent my time in lobby socializing.

There are two ship icons right under the compass, and there should be an arrow above one of those indicating your team color.
The arrow doesn't work

Also, those ships are bloody huge and undo any element of immersion I had achieved prior

You mean you don't have that arrow?

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2015, 02:20:38 pm »

The arrow doesn't work

I mean it stays on the same colour, even if you move to a different team during lobby shuffle

Sorry, should have clarified

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2015, 02:30:12 pm »

With the distinctions between HC and Carronade, each weapon should have clearer advantages over the other.[/i]

You know, I think one of the larger problems, between the 'taur, and the Heavy Carronade nerf, is that there doesn't appear to be a solid consensus on where Heavy Weapons fit into the paradigm. Are they stronger than light guns, or on the same level, and simply different? If the latter, this seems to seriously hurt ships that rely on them for much of their damage. The Goldfish effectively sacrifices a bifecta to mount a single-heavy weapon, so you should assume that's the core of the ship.

Offline evodoc

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »

The arrow doesn't work

I mean it stays on the same colour, even if you move to a different team during lobby shuffle

Sorry, should have clarified

Thanks, I managed to reproduce it. Forwarded the issue to the programmers.

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:28 pm »
In addition to all the above.

The capture point timer is almost in the middle of the screen. Exaggeration yes. However it is still far too low down for my taste & others have passed comment on this also. To me it is like a big "puss filled bubo" in the middle of my screen. It has no need to be that low.

Had a crew member enquire if there was a hotkey to disable the new UI as it is ******* Ugly. Unfortunately still have to agree. Why. It is still not in-keeping with the theme of the game. The colored ships look like something out of a childrens book. Again not in-keeping with the games theme, thus killing the immersion even more.

Instead of placing the ui components below each other in a terraced fashion. Can we not just have them on the top row where the compass is?

How about an option that allows you to switch back to the old UI?

Still not a fan of the UI. At this point doubt will ever be.

As an Engineer still not a fan of the Stamina, nothing better than running whilst the ship attempts to magnetize you to something metallic.

The sludgy feel to walking &  movement without stamina has been mentioned, but it needs to be mentioned again.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2015, 04:52:35 pm »
As a major grumbler I have something to say.

This patch is actually good.

There's no or almost none bugs, rematch voting makes waiting shorter, stamina is not game-breaking and interesting feature, many things are fixed/changed based on player feedback...

Good job Muse. Keep it up.

Offline FredTheFifth

• Salutes: 9
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2015, 05:13:52 pm »
Concerning Titles:
I got a title of doing an underdog achievement (eventually) and I changed my current title of commander elite to tide-turner, however I couldn't change it back, so I am stuck with the title of tide turner. Thought I would let you know

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2015, 07:00:51 pm »
I don't... feel sure about stamina. Sure, it's fun against, say, bots and etc. But in PVP? When junker became a kinda nullifier for squid (with stamina and claw you can keep enemy squid on needed side long enough to kill it's engines)

Junker has always been a nullifier for Squids. If you didn't notice this before, you must have either flown against bad Junker pilots or you don't fly attack squids. Their armor is just too thick and their gun arcs too broad to wait for armor strip. I'll fight junkers with AT squids but only if their ally Pyra has been killed. Then I'll have time to sit around going through gat clips to try and breach them. Course once breached, they fold up quickly. Disable squids used to be the only viable option against junkers. Course if your ally couldn't 1v1 their ally, you'd be dead.

Offline SiepeAssassina

• Salutes: 14
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2015, 06:26:51 am »
After some matches I'm starting to like some rebalances:
-Extinguisher is a thing (again), I loved it and now I can go full retard with it :D
-H.Carro is no more the Ultimate Counter against Junkers and Galleons;
-Engineer stamina is quite pointless but this class didn't and doesn't need any buffs (imo);
-The permanent ammo is something I always wanted: I can load lochs & repair stuff now :D
And last but not least:
UI is terribad *@/"(
PLS Muse Fix
<3 Siepe

P.S.
There are some bugs but I know (read: hope) you'll take care of them

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2015, 08:59:33 am »
Another issue with engineer stamina, is that if you a little bit lagging or playing on ping over 100 ms, then you get, sometimes, teleported back a few steps. Thats kinda annoying.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2015, 09:49:10 am »
I agree with everyone that has complained about UI. The new ones with thick white lines feel, I don't know, modern. They feel like those cheap flying simulators.

Also, why do components flash bright green when they break? That's a bug, right?
Also, why do my heart beat when I use Stamina as a Pilot? I'm not doing anything cardiovascular when piloting. It feels really weird.

But other than the graphics/ui/sound stuff, I am loving the new patch. I rather enjoy stamina, and I love the new balance (But I won't flamethrower for some time).

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2015, 09:56:02 am »
I don't find walking and such sluggish, and I don't totally get stuck anymore... But I do seem to stick magnetically to certain things.  Was top deck engi On a Pyra, running from right gun to left/balloon (long story) had me stick a little to the railing.  Popped a little stamina to break free.