Author Topic: What do you name your ships and why?  (Read 89884 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: What do you name your ships and why?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 07:42:23 am »
All Japanese or anime names. Only a few historic notables I feel like mentioning.

Shinryaku - The 1.1 Squid: Squid Girl reference. This name hasn't been used much outside of Dev App since 1.2 hit. The word means "Invade/Invasion". It was infamous in 1.1 with fast, high speed attacking, and evasion flying. Since then, all iterations of the Squid are unworthy to carry it. I won't use the name until there is a ship worthy of it.

Fuyukai - Post 1.2 Squid: Reference to a word used by a character in an anime. She goes around saying Fuyukai to everything. It means "Unpleasant". It stands for everything I hate about 1.2 Squids and general displeasure with having to fly them. Current build is feeling better but I cannot retire the name just yet.

Furugoori - Sniper Pyra: Reference to Frau Furugoori from Robotics Notes. She is a very off balance character and as such this Pyra is similar as it does both CQC and range fighting. This name sees limited use since sniper and Pyra nerfs render the vessel unusable.

Uchikudake - Charging Pyra: Reference to Sidonia no Kishi. It means "Smash them". A term used in the theme song of that series. This vessel is equipped for CQC fighting only and will be as violent as possible in accomplishing destruction. Butt rams, goomba stomps, you name it, it does it.

Yukemura Senkan - Flagship Galleon: Means "Steam Battleship". Hidden reference to Space Battleship Yamato. Generally this vessel has a mixed, kill + disable build where both sides can pose serious threat without arming timers.

Suzumiya - Classic Galleon: Named after Haruhi Suzumiya. Classic build with long range side and CQC side. Doesn't see much use anymore.

Munker Art Online - Mine Junker: Sword Art Online reference. Was originally Junker Art Online before mines were added. Flagship Munker build. Initial theory crafting started on this tub.

Lailalo - Goldfish: Named after Birdy's ship from Birdy The Mighty: Decode. Lailalo sees most use as a trainer ship.

Flying Fecal Matter - Spire: Not a Japanese or anime reference, I just hate Spires and wanted to name it a giant piece of poo and not get caught in the name filters (Will change to calling it same in Japanese if Muse alters the filters). The balloon is even colored brown.

Druaga - Classic Spire: Named after Tower of Druaga anime. This was used more back when heavy weapons were good and when component placement made sense before Muse messed it up.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 09:13:26 am »
Seriously. Two threads.

Ship names:
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5492.0.html

&

Coolest ship names
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5946.0.html

Every time you make an additional unnecessary thread cute kitten dies somewhere

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 09:17:58 am »
UPDATE:

Pyramidion: Fist of the Unicorns: Named after the armor/band name abbreviation from Halo 4.  Abbreviation is FOTU(S), and the name itself is from a fictional band comprised of UNSC Marines on the UNSC Pillar of Autumn.  Also rams.

Squid: HMCS Team Sloth: HMCS stands for 'Her Majesty's Canadian Ship', and Team Sloth is a reference to my OTP, and the irony that sloths are really slow.

Galleon: HMCS Wanderlust: It's a Galleon.  Galleons were common exploration ships.  Also it sounds cool as hell.

Junker: HMCS Arkos: Arkos is another Ship of mine, and sounds really cool.  It sounds kinda brawl-y, which fits, as I go Meta/Close Disable.

Spire: HMCS Freud Was Right: ...I don't think I'm allowed to explain this one...

Mobula: HMCS Hailfire: I love Hades.

Goldfish: HMCS Gold Rush: Mainly a Hwachafish, named for the golden rockets rushing at your face, and my tendency to ram.  Name changed to And He's OK for Lumberfish (Monty Python, anyone?), and Champagne for Blenderfish.  Because *pop*!

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 09:53:18 am »
Seriously. Two threads.

Ship names:

&

Coolest ship names

All updated within the last week too.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »
Seriously. Two threads.

Ship names:

&

Coolest ship names

All updated within the last week too.
Yeah i saw this too.
Thought about making another just for laughs.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2015, 02:32:13 pm »
great, now theres 4 of them

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2015, 03:25:50 pm »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2015, 08:28:56 pm »
And you can't even report his post because he's CA mod. What an evil mastermind.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2015, 09:49:54 pm »
Why does everyone hate fun

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2015, 09:54:25 pm »
fun is a relative term, i also think there are like 5 or 6 threads now. Mostly Replaceable trying to troll

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 09:01:35 am »

Why does everyone hate order?

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 07:42:31 pm »
All of my names for my ships are nature inspired.

Pyramidion - The Sky Wolf - Because when I fly that strong, sturdy, steady ship with a mean bite. I use Wolf hunting tactics.

Galleon - The Sky Bear - Because when I fly that big, mean, brawling ship. I fight brutally like a Bear.

Squid - The Sky Fox - Because when I fly that fast, agile and light little ship. I'm fast, light, sneaky, and clever like a fox.

Junker - The Sky Badger - Because when I fly that durable, mean, viscous ship. I fight viciously like a Badger.

Spire - The Spying Owl - Because owls are amazingly silent, and far-sighted predators of the sky that can pick out tiny animals in the night from very far away.

Mobula - The Sky Whale - Do I need to explain? I don't think I need to explain.

Goldfish - The Screeching Hawk/The Screaming Warhawk - Because you can swoop down fast and create some serious noise with those front guns.

-----

The Goldfish's name is subject to change. It's the only one I'm not sure I'm comfortable with.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:54:35 pm by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 08:04:44 pm »
fun is a relative term, i also think there are like 5 or 6 threads now. Mostly Replaceable trying to troll
I put them in the pit for a reason ^^

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 06:20:37 am »

And this, dear children, is the pit, a natural habitat of Replacable