Author Topic: Dev App 1.4.0 (475)  (Read 44496 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App 1.4.0 (475)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 12:29:56 pm »
OH MY GOD THEY'VE LISTENED

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 12:30:38 pm »

Or they want to appear to be listening

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2015, 12:33:52 pm »

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »

Or they want to appear to be listening

Either way, they fixed just about everyone's complaints about the last patch. Whether they are faking it or not, thank you Muse.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 12:38:29 pm »
Label me impressed.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 12:45:21 pm »
- Heavy Clip now reduces recoil by 95% (was 100%)

Facepalm so hard...

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5994.msg100459.html#msg100459

I don't understand why you say facepalm. That post looks like a complaint about changes to how heavy clip behaves with carronade only. The dev post does not say it will only affect carronade. I think some spread on hwacha will work out well, to limit the long range snipe chain that you can do with heavy clip.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 12:48:05 pm »
to limit the long range snipe chain that you can do with heavy clip. (hwacha)

yeah... but we don't want to nerf that

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 12:53:28 pm »
Nobody asked for it, but I think it seems reasonable. Heavy clip is not useless, it still increases the effective range of a gun. I just never really thought it was fun to be flying along and suddenly lose half of your ship. Not to am ambush, but to a guy who is miles away. With the change, you can still pull off some long shots, just not with the insane, every shot lands in the same spot, accuracy.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 01:04:33 pm »
- Carronade arcs reduced slightly
- Heavy Carronade range reduced slightly
- Carronade reload times slightly increased
- Med Carronade shatter damage decreased, some damage added to flechette side
- Fire extinguisher higher immunity duration with shorter repair cooldown

I don't think the up arc was ever a problem. I think the 30 degree up arc should be retained.

What are the numbers for the new extinguisher?

I'm glad to see the variety of new testing implements and I hope some of them make it.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »
Actually, I asked for the 95% reduction. Testing it out, it does not really do anything noticeable, including on the hwatcha. I would push the test to 90%, or maybe even 80% with no ammo reduction and see what happens.

As for the carro gun arcs, I could only test on target balloons, so can't really comment.

Flamethrower still seems really odd. Concentrated fire on a drone fromt he engine end did not seem to set many things on fire. Will have to test further.

Lastly, can anyone confirm that the visual effects of guns are happening after an impact, behind the target or geometry? Light flak especially.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »
- Med Carronade shatter damage decreased, some damage added to flechette side
Reducing arcs, it is a nice balanced nerf for such a universal gun, but with the excpetion of the reload (which is an arguably little change), I wouldn't want any other nerf on it after that. You can't really nerf the gun more after that anyway, unless actually being smart enough to lower the shatter damage to a reasonable amount, since sniping components for a balloon popping gun is silly. (Make way for the close range Mercury!)
If you reduce the range of the Heavy Carronade the please also reduce the range of the Light Carronade. Their ranges are way to close to each other.
Change of damage didn't change much, but hey, at least the armor dies a little bit slower.

And what is a Med Carronade anyway, (they mean heavy carronade, but they refer to it with two different names which is a silly thing to do).

Facepalm so hard...

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5994.msg100459.html#msg100459

I don't understand why you say facepalm. That post looks like a complaint about changes to how heavy clip behaves with carronade only. The dev post does not say it will only affect carronade. I think some spread on hwacha will work out well, to limit the long range snipe chain that you can do with heavy clip.
He did so, because in his post that he links to, he describes how very little change it does. It now mostly effects the Heavy Clip Hwacha, which was already hard to hit with in long range and now is possibly even harder to hit with, unless the target is moving to dodge, then I guess the spread can help hitting a bit better, but it does not reward poin-point accuarcy at all. Other guns affected by it are Banshee, Gatling and Minotaur.

Nobody asked for it, but I think it seems reasonable.
If nobody asked for a change, then why do it in the first place? I say it was is one of the best ammo types out of the few that Muse has created and shouldn't be touched.
Accuracy with guns like Hwacha at long range with Heavy clip should be rewarded with actually doing stuff, not with the spread of fucking you up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:38:25 pm by Dementio »

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 01:42:22 pm »
@Watchmaker:
Check the values on the Heavy Carronade upward angles, they are still very high. Penetration also went to every other gun, not sure if intended.

Banshee shots going through the ship

- Heavy Carronade shatter damage decreased, some damage added to flechette side

Arc nerfs are probably to compensate for Stamina, I agree with range nerf because Blenderfish's initiation range was too easy. Damage change only really affects component sniping, and reload time affects killing power and gives enemies a better window of defending themselves.
Just like Extir pointed out, Heavy Clip change feels more like a nerf to the Hwacha than the Carronade.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 01:45:20 pm »
Other guns affected by it are Banshee, Gatling and Minotaur.

While gatling and banshee are affected by it, they are affected in a very minor way. The only one suffering from the 95% is hwacha, and possibly minotaur which was already harder to shoot but I can't calculate by how much because I don't have the jitter stat for it.

The point is, 95% doesn't do much and in most cases makes the carronades even easier to snipe with. To get an actual effect you will have to drop it even further which in return will make other weapons namely hwacha, minotaur and arguably banshee suffer too, and the nerf is supposed to affect carronades and not other guns which were completely fine before.
That is why going down the road of heavyclip changes is completely senseless and damaging rather than benefiting.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 01:46:00 pm »
Trails extending a bit too far has literally always been a thing (blame the combination of latency and high projectile speeds.)  Unless you have a case where this breaks in dev app but not in production that's a known (and minor visual) issue.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 01:52:20 pm »
The explosions are happening behind the target as well. At least 50 meters behind the target after the hit. We should have been showing the flak where this is more evident. Going to grab some screenshots now.

OK, just tested again and the issue seems to have been fixed. Explosions are now happening where they should. Nice work.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:59:35 pm by Richard LeMoon »