Author Topic: Clouds are getting riddiculous  (Read 18333 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: Clouds are getting riddiculous
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 06:23:07 pm »
I'm pretty sure the reason clouds kept getting added is to cut down on mercury/ artemis sniping matches.

they aren't that OP or arduous.

and how the hell do you expect ppl to get 1000m kills and spots now?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 06:32:13 pm »
I'm pretty sure the reason clouds kept getting added is to cut down on mercury/ artemis sniping matches.

Most people prefer a  fun and exciting game over farming achievements.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 06:47:43 pm »

Most people prefer a  fun and exciting game over farming achievements.

I HAVE BABIES TO LEVEL YOU KNOW! and achieves are my fun and my self imposed nerf.

If I always played deadly serious I would be so bored so fast.

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 07:56:34 pm »
I like clouds. They encourage smart play and increase the effectiveness of flares. The problem is when both teams take too long searching.

My idea is having the birds indicate relative positions of ships. There are different ways for this to be implemented and the goal would be reducing search times while keeping ambushes effective.

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 08:53:40 pm »
I like clouds. They encourage smart play and increase the effectiveness of flares. The problem is when both teams take too long searching.

My idea is having the birds indicate relative positions of ships. There are different ways for this to be implemented and the goal would be reducing search times while keeping ambushes effective.

something like Evolve, maybe a bit more subtle?

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 10:55:38 am »
I am moderately certain that no clouds have been added to Canyons or Paritan for at least a year, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that we "add more every patch."

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 11:07:53 am »
The clouds haven't been changed in a while. However I agree they are excessively over the top. However the wise Eric has deemed it necessary for long range sniping balance. Complain about getting shot out of gat or carro range, well then sir have some clouds! Who are we to know better?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 11:54:26 am »
I am moderately certain that no clouds have been added to Canyons or Paritan for at least a year, so I don't know where you're getting the idea that we "add more every patch."

I said it more as a joke, but perhaps I didn't worded myself well. The point was that there is too many clouds.

However the wise Eric has deemed it necessary for long range sniping balance. Complain about getting shot out of gat or carro range, well then sir have some clouds! Who are we to know better?

That sounds suprisingly legit. But longe range sniping? On canyons/paritian?

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:47 pm »
It used to exist once upon a time.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2015, 12:33:28 pm »
I like clouds... they are like dreams, but real.

I like clouds the way they are, but there are moments on Canyon where we end up on enemy spawn without ever seeing the enemy. Is that a feature on Canyon?

Offline MidnightWonko

• Salutes: 5
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2015, 02:41:27 pm »

I like clouds the way they are, but there are moments on Canyon where we end up on enemy spawn without ever seeing the enemy. Is that a feature on Canyon?
You can partly blame clouds on that one, but not entirely.  I once spectated a match on canyon where both teams, each flying in formation, flew around opposite sides of a hoodoo and never saw each other.  It blew my mind!

I'm starting to think maybe this game needs a "come at me, bro" button to reveal your general location to the enemy and goad them into attacking.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 02:45:34 pm »

You can partly blame clouds on that one, but not entirely.  I once spectated a match on canyon where both teams, each flying in formation, flew around opposite sides of a hoodoo and never saw each other.  It blew my mind!

I'm starting to think maybe this game needs a "come at me, bro" button to reveal your general location to the enemy and goad them into attacking.

I thought that is what the flare was for.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2015, 02:53:16 pm »
However the wise Eric has deemed it necessary for long range sniping balance. Complain about getting shot out of gat or carro range, well then sir have some clouds! Who are we to know better?

That sounds suprisingly legit. But longe range sniping? On canyons/paritian?

It used to exist once upon a time.

It is still possible on Paritan, because all the clouds are on the lower half of the map (logic!) and you can easily go above them. The problem for sniping on Paritan is that people nowadays just like to go close range where they have an easy chance against these long range ships.

On Canyon people used to stay in the back of their spawn, but not all people have the gun skill to shoot down charging enemies or just simply not the patience to wait for the enemy to come into the own spawn to die 3 times in a row.