Author Topic: Converting Light to Heavy  (Read 71760 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Converting Light to Heavy
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2015, 05:04:31 pm »
Gun with a reversed arming timer. Does more damage close range than long. Projectile starts whole then breaks up at range. However it wouldn't be useless at range as the range would add an aoe spray mechanic. Likely this would work with a heavy hades variant. Massive fireball at start, then breaks up and can spray over a larger area.

wouldn't that just be the heavy carronade?

Carronade is a spray from the start. There is no solid shot that breaks up at range. It breaks up from the start.

Solid at start and breaking at range could be used to make a cluster bomb gun. Heck this would be a much better Minotaur if the Mino had a solid projectile, then broke up over range. Short range it can blast ships around, long range it spreads out the impact damage meaning it would make it harder to shock a ship off course. One of the things many of us wanted for the Mino from day 1 was an actual projectile. As it sits right now, its just a carronade without the balloon popping. Kinda lazy imo.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2015, 03:22:39 pm »
I think we need a 1-shot heavy rocket launcher. Fires 1 large rocket with the ability to completely shatter a pyra's armor in a single hit (using buff + charged rounds), but has a 1 minute reload arming time.

We will call it the Zeus Rocket Launcher, or Hercules Missile Launcher.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 03:24:44 pm by Grey-Wolf Jack »

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2015, 04:16:58 pm »
The natural step from Artemis would be to her twin brother, Apollo.

Offline The Sky Wolf

• [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2015, 04:31:12 pm »
The natural step from Artemis would be to her twin brother, Apollo.

Artemis - Goddess of the Hunt, Forests and Hills, the Moon, Archery
Apollo - God of music, poetry, art, oracles, archery, plague, medicine, sun, light and knowledge
Zeus - God of the sky, lightning, thunder, law, order, justice

It's a tough choice, the "Zeus Rocket Launcher" would be super big powerful so its like the father of the artemis which would make sense, but I like the idea of the artemis having a twin brother rocket launcher. Hmmmmmm.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »
I was only thinking of their primary themes. Artemis, goddess of the moon. Apollo, god of the (much larger) Sun. Them being twins works all the better. I think Zeus should be the upgrade to the Hades. Ground vs. Heavens sort of thing.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2015, 05:44:12 pm »

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2015, 06:11:02 pm »
Apollo rocket launcher sounds too modern. Plus, it would need three crew to work properly. #NASA

Offline The Sky Wolf

• [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2015, 10:23:57 am »
I was only thinking of their primary themes. Artemis, goddess of the moon. Apollo, god of the (much larger) Sun. Them being twins works all the better. I think Zeus should be the upgrade to the Hades. Ground vs. Heavens sort of thing.

OK. We will go with Apollo. You're definitely right about the sun being much bigger than the moon, hehe. I keep associating Apollo with the moon because of... Apollo 13... and I always get Apollo confused with Hades. Damn me.

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2015, 01:47:04 pm »

OK. We will go with Apollo. You're definitely right about the sun being much bigger than the moon, hehe. I keep associating Apollo with the moon because of... Apollo 13... and I always get Apollo confused with Hades. Damn me.

I was only mentioning the sun being larger because of the size the rockets would wind up being, in comparison to the Artemis rockets. And I read Greek mythology all my life growing up, so that is why I go to the mythology first, history second.

Offline PixelatedVolume

• Salutes: 2
    • [PIEπ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2015, 05:15:24 pm »
Heavy flamer.  Make it with an offset barrel like the Lumberjack, but around waist-high with a big flash shield.

Also heavy gat, four Gatling guns on an hflak-looking turret.  Insane jitter, and the guns don't angle inwards towards each other to make long range harder.  Get too close though...

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2015, 05:22:32 pm »
Heavy flamer.  Make it with an offset barrel like the Lumberjack, but around waist-high with a big flash shield.

Also heavy gat, four Gatling guns on an hflak-looking turret.  Insane jitter, and the guns don't angle inwards towards each other to make long range harder.  Get too close though...

i like how we all see the heavy gat as 4 barrels of doom

Volcano autoloading gun - A weapon initially developed for land based emplacements, it has been modified only recently for airship combat. The double belt feeding system is somewhat clunky, which means that the weapon is damaged by simply firing it. Yet with a good engineering crew it can be kept somewhat operational for a good amount of time (Yes, its a weapon on moonshine, so what?  :D ). through its four muzzles it fires low caliber piercing shots that, by some accounts, it reminds of a volcano eruption. (pierce/pierce damage at short range, highest RoF of the game, 200 rounds but once fired it takes heavy damage with deactivation delay
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 05:39:18 pm by MagKel »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2015, 05:27:06 pm »
I thought 2 miniguns, but 4 miniguns is even better!

Offline MagKel

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2015, 05:38:58 pm »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »

Who needs bullets when you have helmets

Offline MagKel

• [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »
Who needs bullets when you have helmets

So I see, you want to make me cry. because that movie makes me cry.

Shame on you David, I have a beard! if i cry for movies, it makes me look silly