Author Topic: That Moment When...  (Read 572082 times)

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
Re: That Moment When...
« Reply #810 on: July 31, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »
I want there to be some kind of "tar gun". Or something like that. Coupled with mines..............beautiful carnage.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #811 on: July 31, 2015, 03:04:29 pm »
I want there to be some kind of "tar gun". Or something like that. Coupled with mines..............beautiful carnage.

It exists, its the pilot tool Tar with a rear mine launcher squid. Best done by Ightrill of Overwatch XD

Don't think of the Squid as a ship, think of it as a mobile Tar gun, learn the rear bifecta angle and bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 31, 2015, 03:36:39 pm »
Some sort of tar gun you say? Heh heh heh.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:12 pm »
Some sort of tar gun you say? Heh heh heh.
........Go on............

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 09, 2015, 02:10:48 pm »

I demand more visible custom matches!

Offline Daft Loon

• Salutes: 47
    • [◕_◕]
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 10, 2015, 08:07:46 am »
That moment when you take a hades-hades-h.flak spire with a crew of low level complete strangers including a lvl 2 gunner and they proceed to annihilate every target you point them at.

That moment when one of those kills involves staring down a pyra until it rams itself to death on your balloon.

That moment when you're sad you can't play another game with them because you need to stop playing and get some sleep.

That moment when you then proceed to post stuff on the forum instead for about the amount of time another game would have taken.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 10, 2015, 02:30:44 pm »

I demand more visible custom matches!

Also, once this happens and you start deleting people it still says you are at your limit, it's broken for me anway.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 11, 2015, 07:10:09 am »
That moment your level 2, 5, 7 crew with allies level 15 and below, win a match against levels 30-45.

You want to feel proud, then you remember levels don't equal skill.

That moment your enemy ships ally rage quits after first death, so you agree to only 1v1 the remaining ship while you explain to your ally how to go off map on Fjords. :)

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 11, 2015, 03:19:19 pm »
That moment your level 2, 5, 7 crew with allies level 15 and below, win a match against levels 30-45.

You want to feel proud, then you remember levels don't equal skill.

That moment your enemy ships ally rage quits after first death, so you agree to only 1v1 the remaining ship while you explain to your ally how to go off map on Fjords. :)

While level =/= skill, it's morel likely for the much higher level to win, as they have at least a little experience.

I mean, if they're braindead, then they're easily beaten, but if they're higher level by alot, and have any intelligence, it's a higher chance to win.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 11, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »
Generally, when I'm up against really low level people and I'm playing with my high level friends, I'll take joke builds/not really try all that hard. I don't mind losing to low level people as long as we're all having fun

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:53 am »
Generally, when I'm up against really low level people and I'm playing with my high level friends, I'll take joke builds/not really try all that hard. I don't mind losing to low level people as long as we're all having fun

Oh these guys were try-Harding.. Incompetently, but try Harding nonetheless lol.

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 14, 2015, 08:46:57 pm »
That moment when...

... you play with your alt account and carrying the team on a Squid, doing an ok game. Then mid match a high level player joins replacing the decent AI main engi with Spanner, Pipe Wrench, not able to keep Balloon and Engines up against Hwachas and Artemis, constantly mocking about how bad you fly and how bad it is to not use a mic. When the enemy decides to totally ignore your ally and you need to play super defensively by dodging all Hwachas and using little hard cover to maximum effect he gets even harsher in language and says how you are abusing the Squid and asks you if he can take over... Also laughing at your advice to other low level captain how to approach best. (Fun fact I have that person blocked for bad behavior on my main acc since a long time.)

Luckily when playing on alt account I always meet super nice and actually really good new players and this was fortunately the first really bad encounter with a veteran. Also I really wish I had recorded that match, the commentary was priceless.

Offline Carn

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 14, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »
That moment when...

... you play with your alt account and carrying the team on a Squid, doing an ok game. Then mid match a high level player joins replacing the decent AI main engi with Spanner, Pipe Wrench, not able to keep Balloon and Engines up against Hwachas and Artemis, constantly mocking about how bad you fly and how bad it is to not use a mic. When the enemy decides to totally ignore your ally and you need to play super defensively by dodging all Hwachas and using little hard cover to maximum effect he gets even harsher in language and says how you are abusing the Squid and asks you if he can take over... Also laughing at your advice to other low level captain how to approach best. (Fun fact I have that person blocked for bad behavior on my main acc since a long time.)

Luckily when playing on alt account I always meet super nice and actually really good new players and this was fortunately the first really bad encounter with a veteran. Also I really wish I had recorded that match, the commentary was priceless.
I can guess who.......

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 15, 2015, 01:35:15 am »
That moment when...

Funnily enough, I've experienced almost exactly the same thing, except the high level joined as gunner on a squid, and then refused to shoot the balloon with the carronade because, even though we were rarely in gun arcs, he found the risk of being shot too scary with a, and I quote... "level 17 retard who shouldn't be using squid cos squid should only be used by good pilots with a match count of a few thousand."

I didn't block him, but I sure as hell made sure to troll him by following his every lobby for the rest of the night, and got myself onto pilot slot against every match, so many people were understanding and willing to give up their pilot slot for the cause of revenge, he quit with harsh words and reported me.. XD

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 15, 2015, 06:25:02 am »
Who was that guy? Just curious. PM me if needed.

That moment, when 7 lvl engineer knows to hit the middle pyra engine from below, does good job with repairs and know when to shoot side gun <3

Better than most engies up to lvl 25 I've seen. <3