Author Topic: Release 1.4.0 notes  (Read 45569 times)

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Release 1.4.0 notes
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 01:21:28 pm »
**Correction from Previous Post**
The voice pack from Game Grump, I Found and is not actually missing I just hadn't set my settings for both genders seeing as it is only for males.

Thing that weren't in patch notes:
  • Mortar has new sound
  • Light flak has new sound - i believe
  • What happened to the new sound for the hades that was in the dev app it was so cool but not in this patch????
  • Wrench cool down is now 9 seconds??? why did this change?
  • Heat Sink doesn't extinguish 3 stacks of fire when loaded now? also why did this change?

Bugs:
  • Minotaur not in the Wilson's Notes so we do not know the stats for it.
  • Minotaur has blank box in the Wilson's Notes Achievement.

We can debate about match lengths or whatever all we want, but frankly music in the game acting as a detection system for opponent ships was always a horrible idea. It had no place in the game, and extremely restricted a sneaky style of play; I daresay that the removal will actually speed up some matches because people know that if they go into the middle of the canyons (for example) they can set up ambushes since they won't be given away by music.

This is a good thing. The way it was was just straight up bad, I for one am thrilled that it's finally changed.

I disagree with this especially after playing with new players and high levels today. New players just get rammed right in the face when a ship comes out of clouds with no warning. In high level matches, eh, it was more of a annoyance then anything and more "Oh Sh**" moments. And with how you state your opinion then you would have to think all the new drum changes are negative...but you state this is a good thing. So, That is a bit double sided.

Also, with the issue of the telescope still not spotting even though a ship is clearly visible and the issue with ships not rendering on certain maps or disappearing at certain render distance or in the clouds in desert scrap this needing the ships to be marked is more of a pain then it is a benefit.

*Side note on desert scrap - 400 points to win almost seems too low when played.*

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 01:24:23 pm »
Also, I can't find the workshop goggles and hats. The decals are in, but nothing else

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 01:26:44 pm »
Wrench needs a fix asap.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 01:42:05 pm »
I disagree with this especially after playing with new players and high levels today. New players just get rammed right in the face when a ship comes out of clouds with no warning. In high level matches, eh, it was more of a annoyance then anything and more "Oh Sh**" moments. And with how you state your opinion then you would have to think all the new drum changes are negative...but you state this is a good thing. So, That is a bit double sided.

I am... not quite certain how you came about thinking that in my opinion the drum changes are negative, I stated from the start that the way it's been has been bad. Hell, every post I've ever made on the subject, not just now but previously has been me repeatedly saying it's just bad and needs to be changed.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 01:45:59 pm »
I believe the wrench has the correct cooldown, but the tool tip is wrong. Might need verification?

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 01:52:23 pm »
I believe the wrench has the correct cooldown, but the tool tip is wrong. Might need verification?
The wrench cool down is definitely longer than before. Whether or not it's intentional is unconfirmed,  buy it's not in the notes

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 02:08:33 pm »
*Correction* Upon testing the wrench it's a Bug not a change. When you go into practice and test the wrench it's cool down tests at 5.5 seconds and the mallet at 9.5 seconds so it is actually just a BUG in the writing for the description of the tool.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 02:14:30 pm »
*Correction* I'm a dummy

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »
Pipe Wrench cooldown was bugged, should be 5 seconds rather than 9.
Heatsink Rounds was bugged, did not extinguish 3 fire stacks on reload.

Both of these are data issues Eric is fixing right now, you may need to relog to get your tooltips to update but new matches should have the fixed values shortly.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 02:52:52 pm »
Over all though I do think this is a good patch and had quite a lot of fun on the spire!

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:55 pm »
Aye, at the moment I consider spire to be a more manouverable but vulnerable counterpart to Mobula (That ship's verticals more than make up for the survivability) Which makes it more viable for close-mid range, where it can really take advantage of the turning speed. Been playing spire alot recently too! Perhaps it might even be my de facto ship now. The speed buffs are very noticable and in my honest opinion, they feel MUCH more natural to the ship itself than the previously clumsy spire.

Offline Inkjet

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 05:18:56 pm »
Gun buffs last 90s and take only 7 hits (~4.5s) to buff, rather than 9 hits (~6s).

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 01:00:43 am »
Gun buffs last 90s and take only 7 hits (~4.5s) to buff, rather than 9 hits (~6s).

It's a feature...

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 03:50:41 am »

- Squid: The handling is almost ridicilous, when using hydrogen I've overshot past a galleon by a great distance, pretty much causing all my guns to lose arcs on it, but I assume I'll just get used to it with time. The accel speed definitely feels like how a squid should be imho.

You gotta be smoking something. They barely bumped it up at all. If that is fast then I feel sorry for you never getting to see what the ship used to be. It is a far cry from what it originally was long ago and not even close to the first squid fix test weeks back.

I was really looking forward to this patch but now, I'm a step from uninstalling.

The Pyra is utter shit. They fold up like the old squid used to. Tissue paper fighter. But as a Pyra, with high weight and poor turning. Yeah...this really makes a lick of sense. If its going to be nerfed this bad, return the Pyra back to 1.1 also. Make it capable to maneuver again.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 05:06:14 am »

- Squid: The handling is almost ridicilous, when using hydrogen I've overshot past a galleon by a great distance, pretty much causing all my guns to lose arcs on it, but I assume I'll just get used to it with time. The accel speed definitely feels like how a squid should be imho.

You gotta be smoking something. They barely bumped it up at all. If that is fast then I feel sorry for you never getting to see what the ship used to be. It is a far cry from what it originally was long ago and not even close to the first squid fix test weeks back.

I was really looking forward to this patch but now, I'm a step from uninstalling.

The Pyra is utter shit. They fold up like the old squid used to. Tissue paper fighter. But as a Pyra, with high weight and poor turning. Yeah...this really makes a lick of sense. If its going to be nerfed this bad, return the Pyra back to 1.1 also. Make it capable to maneuver again.

If you want to dogfight in an F-35 Lightning so badly Gilder, why don't you go ahead with your threat to uninstall and buy a dogfighting game? There are lots of them.