Author Topic: Dev App 1.4.0 (451)  (Read 27622 times)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App 1.4.0 (451)
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 02:52:24 am »
Ahh true, how will it work with a fish? On Paritain it might be awesome cause it can blast ships into buildings but that is very situational. You'll still be very dependent on the side guns.

I guess there is the shatter aspect of it but so far I haven't seen it really excel at that.
It's really going to shine on the spire and galleon it seems.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 04:45:50 am »
Watchmaker I'm really not sure on the squid. I gotta take back the earlier statement. After flying some water hazard in the main game, I went back to the dev app to check again. The dev app squid seems to be only handling like there is wind on Sandbox. At times it isn't even doing that. It's just acting real slow like nothing has changed. It isn't acting like it has been patched. It still feels like it is laboring compared to how it had been in dev app.

No idea what is wrong now. Sorry.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2015, 08:23:45 am »
Gilder, I just tested the Squid and there is some change. My test was as follows:

Turn AI off. Create a test dummy so you can pull up next to it without turning. Park next to it and create another one ahead of you in the same position. Go full forward looking directly sideways until the center of the test balloon is even with your pilot, and slam it into full reverse. Start counting. Stop the count when you see the middle of the balloon again. Keep going in reverse until you see the first balloon again, and slam it into full forward while starting to count again. Once again, stop the count when you see the balloon. For note, I use a slow count of "Mississippi 1, Mississippi 2" (easier to keep track of numbers if you say the number after your word). Keep going forward and back without stopping and recount a few more times to confirm results.

Dev App results:

Reverse turnaround: 6.5ish counts.
Forward turnaround: 5 counts.

Game results:

Reverse turnaround: 7.5ish counts.
Forward turnaround: 6 counts.

Conclusion: There is a full second of difference in reversing course on linear lateral movement. Try to set up more controlled tests for rotation and height.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:25:24 am by Richard LeMoon »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 11:37:30 am »
- The ship balance changes

Can someone tell me what changed? Been out for a bit.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2015, 04:42:37 pm »
Heh, didn't realize the disable AI control was there.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 07:59:09 pm »
Really wonder if there was something else on those first squid tests pre stamina. Still seems like post stamina, the squid got reset except for the accel improvements. It is an improvement, just not where it was back then. I remember testing that day and lmao cause the squid was turned into a perfect ramming ship and could finally out turn other ships like it should. We all said the squid shouldn't have more HP. But instead of that being reduced, its like something else got axed instead.  Really starting to wonder if this "add HP" approach is a kind of training wheels program. Ship is harder to fly and use effectively, noobs cry about crashing into everything, solution is add more hull.

Ahh well...someday, personal servers and modding. Then this forum will have no reason to exist :D.

Offline AndersHyrule

• Salutes: 0
    • [SMBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »
Call me an idiot but I just joined you all in testing. (thank you very much for the key i was sent by the way) and would like to ask if i can use the same GOIO account on the dev app i do on the normal game. if so what steps do i need to take in order to sign in with that account as all I can see is an option to register.  Oh! and i found this neat GIF

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 06:24:29 pm »
It is a completely different 'game' to Steam, so the account does not carry over. You have to get a key for the devapp and activated it like any other Steam game.

Offline AndersHyrule

• [SMBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 06:40:22 pm »
It is a completely different 'game' to Steam, so the account does not carry over. You have to get a key for the devapp and activated it like any other Steam game.
Yes i am aware and have done so. I am asking that when in the application it goes to a screen requesting my registration for a muse account/goio account when i own the original game and have an account. i would like to be able to use the same account i use for the normal guns of icarus online game instead of having two accounts for the game.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 06:50:03 pm »
However your settings will carry over between the two versions.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2015, 12:00:12 am »
No, you can not use the same account. You use the same name, though. As Dutch said, all of your settings will carry over.

Offline AndersHyrule

• [SMBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2015, 12:06:40 am »
Then I screwed up sunce I somehiw managed tonmake a sexond copy of my account account reset eveything... now anything I have purchased is fone including the collectors edition clothing. It ticked me off I really sea hope I can 've 've b.s. b.s. I cant check the verification work worj rifht with me... I sound drunk dont I haha sorry im on mobile I will try to retype this in english or hiragana tomorrow

Offline AndersHyrule

• [SMBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2015, 05:21:48 pm »
okay i am very confused here... when i signed up for the dev app i accidentally input the info for my normal GOIO account and now i seem to have two identical accounts i can log into the forums here using my older account but the new one seems to be what the public and dev versions of GOIO try to log in with so i have lost all paid content as far as i can tell. if anyone knows how to reset the login info in a way that would let me get my collectors content and anyother paid content back please please please let me know since im quite worried over this. i just wish i could log into that account on the game but instead im stuck at the verify email thing so yeah... and ive tried verifying it just times out anytime i go to do that
(i dont know im at my wits end and i was so excited to start testing haha please though if any of you know how to fix something like this i really could use it. ive tried changing account details for this account and it seems to do that to both either that or im just stuck unable to login to goio. i cant seem to verify my email here or on the game nor login to the older account as there is a lack of a login button for guns of icarus)

((whoops sorry just noticed i posted something similar above.... sorry about that. im going to keep this one up though since it gives more detail than the other one))

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2015, 05:24:26 pm »
feedback@musegames

They'll fix it. Next time you get a code, just use steam to add the game via the code. Should just pop it into your list easily enough.

Offline AndersHyrule

• [SMBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »
feedback@musegames

They'll fix it. Next time you get a code, just use steam to add the game via the code. Should just pop it into your list easily enough.
yes that is the path i took i put in the code err sorry i sound very inconsiderate. my problem is in the registration of a new account using the dev app hopefully they get to this fast or when they have time i really do love this game and i was looking forward to playing it with a group of friends this weekend, thank you for the help you offered though even if it wasnt of much use.