Author Topic: Dev App 1.4.0 (451)  (Read 27408 times)

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Dev App 1.4.0 (451)
« on: February 18, 2015, 11:57:13 am »
We're now testing for the imminent release of patch 1.4.0.  Major things to look for right now:

- The ship balance changes
- The new Minotaur Heavy Cannon
- New rules for capture points (team with the majority always makes progress)

Effects for pilot tools and the stamina system as a whole have been removed from this build and put back into the oven.  You can expect them to return to the dev app for further testing in the not-too-distant future, but they will not be part of 1.4.0.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Dev App 1.4.0 (451)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 11:25:57 am »
Thank god stamina isn't going in this one.  I'm interested to see how the Minotaur gets used though!  Is it the same as it was in the dev app during the last testing?  Would love to see it get a buff.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:31:58 am by sparklerfish »

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 12:03:11 pm »
My spire minotaur + Hades and dual Light flaks is still gonna wreck

Modifed: Wreck the opponents i mean

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:15 pm »
I believe the Minotaur hasn't been changed since the last test (in which it received a significant buff over the prior one.)

Offline ZnC

• Salutes: 40
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 06:04:41 am »
I believe the Minotaur hasn't been changed since the last test (in which it received a significant buff over the prior one.)

If I wasn't mistaken the AoE shatter damage shown on the damage meter is 50 previously, after the patch it was dropped to 25.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »
As of build 459, you can also experience the tweaks to dynamic music.  Drums are no longer an "early warning" of enemy presence.

- Drums trigger when your ship spots an enemy (or is spotted), and intensify when spotted enemies are near
- Drums trigger when your ship takes damage, and intensify as your ship becomes more damaged
- Drums trigger when your ship is firing, and intensify if you start hitting an enemy

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 07:01:34 pm »
As of build 459, you can also experience the tweaks to dynamic music.  Drums are no longer an "early warning" of enemy presence.

- Drums trigger when your ship spots an enemy (or is spotted), and intensify when spotted enemies are near
- Drums trigger when your ship takes damage, and intensify as your ship becomes more damaged
- Drums trigger when your ship is firing, and intensify if you start hitting an enemy

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 07:27:11 pm »
Watchmaker I believe I may have found the issue with the squid and why I've been seeing it with the old speeds/etc when it should be patched.

I noticed this again today with the dev app on first boot. Squid moving slower and more like normal GOIO. Confirmed with regular GOIO, both ships felt the same. Then I reloaded dev app again just cause the idea popped in to try it again and when I loaded it up a 2nd time, the squid was moving at patched speeds.

Is there something that changes during each load or is sandbox's environment not persistent and perhaps generating wind that is slowing the ship down?

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:56 pm »

O HAPPY DAYS

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 11:00:46 pm »
Can you turn the drums off still? Would be a shame if you couldn't.

Also, damage on Minotaur is really weak still. We felt that it should be able to break armor at close to the same speed as the heavy carro. As it is, it took several minutes of chasing a target dummy around before the hull finally broke. Perhaps changing the secondary damage to Impact would help with that.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 11:07:24 pm »
Didn't they patch out the piercing dmg? Thought they mentioned that in the stream.

Honestly, I don't think it will be missed too much if you consider a CQC galleon with Mino/Carro + explosive light weapon on one side. Charges in, blasts balloon and ship into wall then impacts it to death if the armor doesn't drop and the light gun doesnt get the kill. It'll be a Minolleon! That or a flame thrower on the side...zomg, heavy carro, impact, flames...if I can stick mines in there somewhere it will be the rage quit ship of my dreams.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 11:31:56 pm »
The issue is with the Goldfish. It is going to have to hold its own with a single light gun. Since it causes minimal damage of any sort, a light gun will have to break armor, components, and hull all by itself. Since there are no light guns that can do that, it makes putting this gun on a Goldfish questionable. No amount of pushing around is going to aid that.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 11:35:52 pm »
The issue is with the Goldfish. It is going to have to hold its own with a single light gun. Since it causes minimal damage of any sort, a light gun will have to break armor, components, and hull all by itself. Since there are no light guns that can do that, it makes putting this gun on a Goldfish questionable. No amount of pushing around is going to aid that.
The wide horizontal arc at least makes for some easier goldfish bifectas.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 11:41:02 pm »
It does, yes. But there is nothing to pair it with even if it shot 90 deg sideways. It is like putting a harpoon on the front of a Squid. Great arcs, shoves an enemy around, but ultimately does nothing useful.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 12:05:13 am »
Ahh true, how will it work with a fish? On Paritain it might be awesome cause it can blast ships into buildings but that is very situational. You'll still be very dependent on the side guns.

I guess there is the shatter aspect of it but so far I haven't seen it really excel at that.