Author Topic: Guns of Icarus Seasonal  (Read 29041 times)

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Re: Guns of Icarus Seasonal
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 04:11:48 pm »
Well, Muse is offering, and if it's only for 8-ish people, shouldn't be too intense.

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2015, 08:17:51 pm »

The badge for the Spring Seasonal is finished~ just waiting on Muse's decision for it. Personally I think it looks pretty great. Wanted a green-ish color for the season, so we went with a rusty-copper like color. Thoughts?

Offline Syconawt

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
    • Musics!
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 08:36:47 pm »
Ooh shiny!

Love how the badge came out in the end.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 08:37:39 pm »
10/10 do want

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 07:44:52 am »
It looks great! A personal complain is that the color clashes with the colors that the badges normally are, but if you were to change it you would lose some spring effect...

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 09:56:26 am »
The color is potentially the biggest concern. I really like it, as we intended to still have them be metallic but have a different tint for the seasons. The color can be explained as rusty copper or such (copper turns greenish as it rusts). This might be too much of a green for a pass from Muse, but the color is the easiest thing for our artist to change.

The other seasons will probably look more standard, since we could do a bronze-brown like color for fall, a gold-redish for summer, and a silver/platinum for winter. Just waiting for feedback from Tim.

Offline Cpt. Azshes

• Salutes: 2
    • [BDGR]
    • View Profile
    • Sky Badgers Incorporated
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2015, 08:01:42 am »
Greetings all!

If I'm not mistaken, today is the first day of sign ups (and if I AM mistaken then forgive me, I don't math very well this early in the morning). That being the case, I'd like to get this party started.

Ship 1
     Pilot: Cpt. Azshes
     Gunner: Cpt. Bunny (Reserve: Archmage Panda)
     Engi1: Nanoman
     Engi2: Latron (Reserve: Lord Holy Shixt)

Ship 2
     Pilot: Cpt. Grimfeathers
     Gunner: Johny Cyanide
     Engi1: Pavel Dzhons
     Engi2: Al O'Elling (Reserve: Rosnos)

If there are any formatting errors with the signup, please let me know and I will be more than happy to make any changes needed.

ALSO: It should be noted that we will not be able to compete on the weekend of April 10th - April 12th. My grandmother recently passed away and myself and several listed crew will be attending her funeral out of state. I appreciate your understanding in this matter :(

Thanks again to Thomas for setting this all up, and we will see you in the skies!

Offline Jub Jub

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 29
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 04:24:04 pm »
Greetings all!

If I'm not mistaken, today is the first day of sign ups (and if I AM mistaken then forgive me, I don't math very well this early in the morning). That being the case, I'd like to get this party started.

Ship 1
     Pilot: Cpt. Azshes
     Gunner: Cpt. Bunny (Reserve: Archmage Panda)
     Engi1: Nanoman
     Engi2: Latron (Reserve: Lord Holy Shixt)

Ship 2
     Pilot: Cpt. Grimfeathers
     Gunner: Johny Cyanide
     Engi1: Pavel Dzhons
     Engi2: Al O'Elling (Reserve: Rosnos)

If there are any formatting errors with the signup, please let me know and I will be more than happy to make any changes needed.

ALSO: It should be noted that we will not be able to compete on the weekend of April 10th - April 12th. My grandmother recently passed away and myself and several listed crew will be attending her funeral out of state. I appreciate your understanding in this matter :(

Thanks again to Thomas for setting this all up, and we will see you in the skies!

Congratulations on being the 1st team to sign up, but you're in the wrong thread XP

Blossoming Colosseum Sign Ups: https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5806.0.html

Offline Cpt. Azshes

• Salutes: 2
    • [BDGR]
    • View Profile
    • Sky Badgers Incorporated
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 12:56:52 am »
Haha! Thanks xD

Offline Thomas

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:57 pm »
So I've talked to a couple teams who might be interested in signing up for the seasonal, and found common complaint. If you win, you can't play in the other seasons until the next year. However, you earn a badge and get put into the finals where you can win a physical prize.

This only happens if you win. If you don't win, feel free to try in the following seasons. If you do win, feel free to continue playing in literally any of the other competitive events that go on throughout the year.

If you plan on skipping a season to compete in the next one, you'll end up doing the same thing as if you had won in the first one, and more importantly you might not win and all, and miss out on your chance in the finals.

Based on the SCS which has changed over to pretty much the exact same format, the tournament should only last about 2 weekends. They're also widely spaced apart (about 3 months in between them).

If you're afraid your team/clan won't survive until the finals, compete now and get a cool badge. If you feel your clan/team will definitely last to the finals, compete now and get a cool badge and secure your place for the finals. If you're worried about winning and not being able to compete in the other seasons, remember that that the SCS is pretty much the same format and happens every single week along with all the other competitive events. You'd be missing a mere 3 mini-tournaments; and that's only if you win. Just to make sure we're clear, only one team can win, meaning that every other team can compete in the next season.

If there are still concerns about this, we will be getting feedback from the teams who participate in the first season. If the majority of the teams wish to change how the tournament functions, we can do that. We will of course need to change how the finals function, due to the high possibility of teams winning multiple seasons. For now we're still operating under the idea that teams can only win a single season.

I hope this alleviates some concerns.