Author Topic: Killing the community, one game at a time.  (Read 72653 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: Killing the community, one game at a time.
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2015, 08:03:51 am »
There is one bug in king of the hill on dunes which makes ships invisible  :P

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2015, 09:04:40 am »
There is one bug in king of the hill on dunes which makes ships invisible  :P

That's not a bug, that's hax!!!

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2015, 12:07:43 pm »
Is Community ambassador like a teacher, or just a civilian type moderator in the game? If it is a teacher role, I would be happy to apply, as I have a great love for teaching new players. If it is not a teacher role, is it possible to look into creating a teacher role that could be applied to, that would have matchmaker put you on ships with and fresh players(i would say <7)? Or even a thing you could turn on and off, saying if you feel like teaching new players or not would be nice.

What it comes down to is that this game has a steep learning curve, especially with it being the only game I know of that requires cooperation. Any other game, you can carry a team alone, if you are good enough. Guns of icarus however requires at least two or three decent players on one ship for it to be able to carry a team. With this steep curve, and the brand new required co-op, no one is prepared. All of the books people are complaining about are fresh from a ton of different games, and if you expect this to be like literally ANY other game, you will be wrong. Go easy on them, because GOIO is a unique experience, and they are not prepared, just like you were not prepared when you first played, unless you had a helpful teacher, or a friend to explain the game before you played. Maybe you were more willing to learn, but you were still new at one time.

I know I am not a high level player, and I do not even have a hundred hours in the game, but I know my way around a ship, and want to do my part to help others become not just Cogs in a greater machine, but players like my self, with knowledge and the will to pass it on to others.

Also, on a side note, I agree with those who say this is one of the nicest communities around. I think it comes from how small it is, making everything much more tightly knit, and instilling a much more village like feeling, as opposed to most games' cold and unfeeling city communities. Keep up being a village, and remember that being close means seeing a lot of everyone. Try not to be intolerable, and if someone is a jerk, do not be so aggressive about telling them so, as you will see them again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day after that.

And in case you got lost in my rambling, at the beginning. I asked about teacher stuff, so any help there would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

Lanliss, Captain of the Infallible

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2015, 12:21:10 pm »
http://gunsoficarus.com/community-ambassadors/

We are both teachers and CA Moderators.
No need for a turn on and off function! Being a CA allows you to join novice matches, set up custom novice lobbies and a few other perks.

A lot of the CAs take time out of their schedules to run events too!
Check the link above for more details
 :)

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2015, 12:29:34 pm »
Thank you, it looks like CA is exactly what I was looking for, though I do not have the time under my belt for it. I plan on working to reach that number. If I do apply, does it work on a timetable, where I would be required to put in so many hours at certain times? I might be able to do it if it is like that, but I run pretty random hours, so I can not promise much in the area of a schedule.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2015, 01:27:45 pm »
There is nothing to stop you applying sooner! Although you're less likely to be known by the community you will likely be given the opportunity to meet Muse and CA's in the CA games!  8)
Also from what I've seen so far, I'd vouch for you. The absolute worst that'll happen is Muse'll say "Stick with it a bit longer and apply again next time." So you've nothing to loose!

Offline Lanliss

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2015, 01:32:08 pm »
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I will apply once I have access to my computer, and I cannot wait to start giving back to this wonderful community, even if I do not make ambassador.