Author Topic: Steam Sales  (Read 63538 times)

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2015, 05:42:16 am »
When we got matchmaking, I died a little on the inside...

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2015, 06:29:37 am »
When we got matchmaking, I died a little on the inside...
I joined after MM implementation, I sometimes wish I knew what the 'old days' were like.

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2015, 11:06:49 am »
I quite like the MM, I find that you just need to crew form with a few friends and it's a lot more enjoyable, sometimes you get stacked matches, sometimes you find your other friends also in the queue and there's times, and often, where games is down to the wire.

It been more fun, games start sooner instead of waiting in lobby, giving the game a nickname, lobbies of Icarus, which some people prefer, but that's why we have custom games still.

I honestly barely look at the match list now, preferring to invite anyone who's in lobby or crew form (sometimes they have just 1-2 other people and you can merge up to form a full ship or two)

In a way, it's a good thing you came after, because then you can enjoy the game currently instead of marred by past experience.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2015, 11:51:51 am »
I think you also summed up mt GoI experience :) well said Abby! Salute x

Offline Pavane

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2015, 08:50:04 pm »
I bought the 4-player licence on Steam last night.  I have been poking around today and gifted my friends with the game.  GOIO is certainly nothing like any game we have played before (usually turn based strategy), but the thought of a co-op team has us intrigued.  For the discounted price we have nothing to lose and perhaps a whole lot of fun to gain.  I used to play Sky Galleons of Mars (with painted miniatures) years ago and it was my search using the keyword Steampunk on Steam that pointed me to GOIO.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 08:52:54 pm by Pavane »

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »
Ooh I have wanted to try space 1889 since forever, how long does a game of sky galleons take?

Offline Pavane

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2015, 11:39:37 pm »
A game of SGoM takes from 1 to 2 hours.  You can find out more about it on Board Game Geek.

Offline Omniraptor

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2015, 12:52:14 am »
I did look there, it's pretty desolate :(

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2015, 02:33:05 pm »
I joined after MM implementation, I sometimes wish I knew what the 'old days' were like.

We called the game Lobbies of Icarus because we would spend half our time in lobby. You could actually calculate this by comparing how long steam said you have been playing the game by how long the game said you spend playing each class. For every one I talked to it came out at 2 hours in game to 1 hour actual game play.

The game play was pretty excellent. There was a gentleman's agreement that the game wouldn't start if a captain was trying to get a crew member to take the right kit. So when they did start each ships was setup to the captain's preferences. However it meant that one troll could stall a 16 person game. Some times one troll would show up and every body would leave the lobby and start a new one with roughly the same ships.

Offline Omniraptor

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2015, 05:14:58 pm »
There was a gentleman's agreement that the game wouldn't start if a captain was trying to get a crew member to take the right kit. So when they did start each ships was setup to the captain's preferences.

This is an issue with new matchmaker.

However it meant that one troll could stall a 16 person game. Some times one troll would show up and every body would leave the lobby and start a new one with roughly the same ships.

This one still works exactly the same... Except named lobbies, I miss those :(

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2015, 06:24:51 pm »
I'm after a terrible session in GOIO.

Every matchmaker use, everytime shitty allies and shitty crew.
I don't know what's worse.
Waiting 30 minutes to see the same set of nicknames, or encountering stupid/arrogant/nooby players every single time in high numbers, like the whole 2v2 lobby.

The only good thing out of the recent sales is that I accidentaly found a true gem. New player that want to learn some things hard. What's more, from my country. But that's, as I mentioned before, the only thing good so far I've noticed.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:32:07 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2015, 08:18:37 pm »
Polish the gems. Let the rest settle back into the steam.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2015, 08:21:33 pm »
Richard, I wish I could un-salute you for puns that bad.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2015, 02:15:30 am »
I don't like sales.

A lobby mostly newbies, one of our vet female players uses a mic, all newer players turn into perverted creeps... Good Job Internet.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2015, 03:55:01 am »
@Kamoba, well, week before the sale there was a guy who called Isla a slut for no reason, so you know. It's not only the matter of sales.

@Hamster, I can't see a pun there, unless Richard knows I'm from Poland. As for that guy, yeah, I try getting him in practice to show him new things everytime I can.