Author Topic: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!  (Read 197005 times)

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2013, 07:05:36 pm »
ahem...

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »
Hey all, I just wanted to offer a brief explanation for the less than ideal circumstances that transpired earlier today, since I think more than anyone, we owe one to you.

First and foremost, I think it's worth mentioning that I consider the Gents to be at the forefront of Guns of Icarus and I have nothing but respect for your clan and its level of competitive play.

Unfortunately as some of you know, it was tough scheduling our match as many of us were playing on extremely tight schedules.  The match was delayed 15 minutes as we waited for the organizers.   We did begin the match but unfortunately the streamer asked that we surrender the match in progress, though we had already begun battling, due to his recording software not functioning (there may have been disconnects as well, but I hadn't noticed any until after the match was surrendered).  Some of your players were struggling to reconnect and it became clear after considerable time transpired from our initial start time, that we would not have enough time to play through all of our matches before several of our players needed to leave for work.

At this point our level of frustration at the organizers was extremely high.  We had spent dozens of hours preparing for our match and it was clear that your team had as well but due to organizational issues neither of our teams would be able to play the game we'd been preparing for tirelessly.  Though we would have really liked to schedule another match, the Paddling in its current form, due to real life issues, outside and unrelated to Anvalan or anything else in GOI, will no longer being competing in GOI.

It's clear to me that you were within the top two best teams in GOI, and I wanted nothing more than to determine which of our sides was the best.  The chance to see who was the best was stolen from us, but to me at least you guys are now the best team in Guns, and I look forward as other teams try and prove otherwise.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Respectfully,

Smollett

Offline Feast on Thrones

• Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2013, 06:45:21 pm »
Hey all, I just wanted to offer a brief explanation for the less than ideal circumstances that transpired earlier today, since I think more than anyone, we owe one to you.

First and foremost, I think it's worth mentioning that I consider the Gents to be at the forefront of Guns of Icarus and I have nothing but respect for your clan and its level of competitive play.

Unfortunately as some of you know, it was tough scheduling our match as many of us were playing on extremely tight schedules.  The match was delayed 15 minutes as we waited for the organizers.   We did begin the match but unfortunately the streamer asked that we surrender the match in progress, though we had already begun battling, due to his recording software not functioning (there may have been disconnects as well, but I hadn't noticed any until after the match was surrendered).  Some of your players were struggling to reconnect and it became clear after considerable time transpired from our initial start time, that we would not have enough time to play through all of our matches before several of our players needed to leave for work.

At this point our level of frustration at the organizers was extremely high.  We had spent dozens of hours preparing for our match and it was clear that your team had as well but due to organizational issues neither of our teams would be able to play the game we'd been preparing for tirelessly.  Though we would have really liked to schedule another match, the Paddling in its current form, due to real life issues, outside and unrelated to Anvalan or anything else in GOI, will no longer being competing in GOI.

It's clear to me that you were within the top two best teams in GOI, and I wanted nothing more than to determine which of our sides was the best.  The chance to see who was the best was stolen from us, but to me at least you guys are now the best team in Guns, and I look forward as other teams try and prove otherwise.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

Respectfully,

Smollett

Thanks Smollett for your notification and letting us know of your futures and also your reasons for the less than ideal circumstances today. I am sorry to hear that the current Paddling will not be around for us to have a match, I am sure it would have been interesting. I understand that many of your members were in Australia for example so I can understand the frustration coming from the match. But these things sometimes happen and Urz worked hard for this competition, it would not be kosher to dismiss his hard work for this set of circumstances that he could not control, and were not his fault. But I can see you were under a time constraint.

Thank you for your honesty, it has been a pleasure keeping you in our minds when practicing determined to reach the level you are at. I hope your members find solace in real life events and take the time needed to do whatever needs to be done.

All the best for the future.

Best Wishes

Feast on Thrones
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:51:32 pm by Feast on Thrones »

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2013, 12:45:43 am »
Was a shock to hear about it.

Also sad there were network issues, but most of all, the community miss the stream of the final of the year. We're all lacking from it but i just hope another time would be more suitable. It has happened before like the gwth first match in sunday rumble couple weeks ago but that got done and it could continue. But every time can be different.
Hats off to Urz, who organises these events. I understand the timerestraints, timezones and frustrations. Hope it will turn for the better and we can battle the ducks in the future. Noone can foresee wether steam and other things works properly or not.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2013, 04:36:04 am »
Quote from: HamsterIV
I ban Genozide for not putting a monocle and top hat on his Avatar. What sort of Gent are you anyway?

Not wanting to allow a Gentleman to be slandered like that, I figured I would use my amazing phot editing skills once again to rescue this hero.

Don't try and pay me, this masterpiece is free of charge.

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2013, 07:39:59 am »
Lol sammy. Quack quack!

I've actually looked at a couple tophat aliens pics but think i'll make a custom one just because i'm picky with my favourite subject. Yeah.. There are tophataliens. One is a weddingcake deco, the other a dancing one. This avatar is just one of 3 i normally use anywhere.

Appreciate the effort. Thanks. Lol.

Offline Jason McMorgan

• Salutes: 4
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2013, 09:13:27 am »
Quote from: HamsterIV
I ban Genozide for not putting a monocle and top hat on his Avatar. What sort of Gent are you anyway?

Not wanting to allow a Gentleman to be slandered like that, I figured I would use my amazing phot editing skills once again to rescue this hero.

Don't try and pay me, this masterpiece is free of charge.

I couldn't resist

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #172 on: November 05, 2013, 09:24:18 am »
Lol.. What's with this duck making avatar thing? Heheh.. Ok pic, but i'm sorry. Has to be xenomorph. :P

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 05, 2013, 09:26:57 am »
Oh my god

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #174 on: November 05, 2013, 09:30:37 am »
Yeah. That's the dancing one i mentioned. Just google alien wedding cake and you get pics of an alien wearing tophat with predator bride. What i think i'll do sometime is ask one of my alien deviantart friends if they can make me one. So.. Don't worry.. Lmao

Offline Jason McMorgan

• Salutes: 4
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 05, 2013, 11:03:21 pm »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:06:56 pm by Jason McMorgan »

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #176 on: November 06, 2013, 10:48:38 am »
 :)

The wedding cake one :

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2013, 09:45:44 am »
This attitude is required for all crewmen who wish to fly on my ships:
http://youtu.be/9_xIoJzZtKg

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2013, 05:48:20 pm »
Oh my goodness, that's amazing? 

I swear the booze is more potent in Boston.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:37 pm »
Oh my goodness, that's amazing? 

I swear the booze is more potent in Boston.

Unfortunately, it is not. We just drink a lot more of it.