Author Topic: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!  (Read 195433 times)

Offline Wallace the Menace

• Salutes: 0
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: The Gentlemen Are Recruiting!
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:14 am »
I would be thrilled to be able to join your crew of fine gentlemen.
I'm a 27y old uni student, and quite recently joined the game.
Despite the recent server issues, I've had plenty of fun when playing, and it then came to me that being part of some organised group, could increase the levels of fun with this game.
As for now, I've played more or less 30 games (lag, and server breakdowns have caused some to be longer than others), and I've been quite happy with the engineering role, and would like to develop my expertise further, along with some excellent crew members.
Eventually I would like to be a good pilot as well, but for now I feel that focusing on a crew role, could give me the skills to be a better Captain.

Best regards

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 10:52:07 am »
I forsee the gents having just as many teams in the Cogs as the Ducks in the near future :P

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 11:48:17 am »
Haha, I think we could, but we'd need to open an office and pay somebody full-time to handle the logistics!

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 06:47:49 am »
Haha, I think we could, but we'd need to open an office and pay somebody full-time to handle the logistics!

Which is what I am trying to do, if you have not noticed it ^^ And I do it for free ;)

And Wallace, hit me up on steam(my username is in earlier posts) and we can see how you do!

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2013, 08:30:52 am »
I seen the two teams u made which lack me mark Roy And ataris  :-\

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2013, 01:50:25 pm »
Hello Gents, I would love to join your ranks if it would be alright with you!

A bit about me:
I'm 18 years old and I am from the U.S. I haven't been playing for too long but I feel like I'm a pretty decent player, I actually did a few games with Wazulu on my first day of having the game if I remember correctly. I've mostly been playing engineer and feel that is where I am strongest but I would love to learn how to captain from some of the more experienced players within GoI.

Offline Jwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2013, 07:27:53 pm »
(read this in your best english accent xD)

Top of the morning to you lads!

I am Sir Jwalker. Occupation: Gunner. Pleasure to meet your acquaintances. Though I may be a fresh 21 years of age, and hail from the Colonies, I assure you my top hat has been promptly seated on my head since birth. A Gentleman I am and a Gentleman I will always be, and I wish to associate myself with other Gentleman, for the sky is a harsh mistress for one lone Gentleman to tackle by himself. So my dear Gentleman, will you have yourself yet another top hat enthusiast looking to darken the day for are enemies while this humble colonial man has a jolly good ol' time? I certainly look forward to your response.

Sincerely....Sir Jwalker

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
Soo many peeps :D I know GrimWinter, he was been on my boats before.

Offline Jwalker

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:30 pm »
A bit of an odd coincidence that we should run into each other not one hour after I posted my join request. It was good playing with you and DDTDDT all things considering. Didn't know if you noticed but I am still a bit wet behind the ears but I think I am pretty good for my rank all things considering.

(EDIT: On the front page, it says to send a friend request to Captain Roy, I did so but the username is Smolderin (it also might show up as joshthewebdesigner as well) instead of Jwalker...just thought I would post this here to avoid unnecessary confusion.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:28:51 pm by Jwalker »

Offline Chango

• Salutes: 13
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2013, 07:12:03 pm »
Jwalker, send a friend request to changobaron (Chango) if you haven't been accepted by Roy. Grim also friend me.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »
Aye, the same with me:

Steam: wazulu
IGN: Wazulu

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:29 pm »
Zuka, Morbie, Wazulu, MasX, and other gentlemanly denizens of the green list and otherwise.

Morbie isn't a Gent anymore :P

Offline The Churrosaur

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2013, 08:44:31 pm »
Zuka, Morbie, Wazulu, MasX, and other gentlemanly denizens of the green list and otherwise.

Morbie isn't a Gent anymore :P

I need to keep up with the gossip ...

Offline The Churrosaur

• [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2013, 10:43:49 pm »

Bodies break, minds dull, and souls bend to the desert winds of those who traverse the burren. Aimless, leaderless, without kin or clan they wander, their crews as stray as the sands and bent as the crease on their brows. A life unknown to the world they lead, among silent lobbies and desolate canyons, broken as the "pyramidion" pyramidion's beneath their feet...

And yet sometimes hope emerges for these dwellers of the skies: order, reason, a chance to fly among friends and prove their worth as a GENTLEMEN among savages. Here the lone airman can stand tall among his fellows, tricorns held high in the knowledge that they are a part of something much greater than themselves. They have found the Gents, an oasis of honer and teamwork in the vast powder monkey desert: a place of plushies, of horrific ship-based puns, and maybe even a Churrosaur.

Maybe?

Anyways. occupation: well rounded, mike: multiple, playing: ... a while, I'm sure some of you can attest to my skill level. yup!

hope to see you on the field of battle

Cíao

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2013, 08:47:47 am »
Easily getting a salute for that, Churro- Let me fast track you a game with Roy when he's free.

See you in the Skies!