Author Topic: Heroes and officials of Guns  (Read 31999 times)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Heroes and officials of Guns
« on: December 01, 2014, 07:46:44 pm »
Surely there are legends and veterans and government officials that have contributed to the history of the universe.

I mean for adventure mode. I would highly expect some NPCs to either mention people or even be the actual people in question.

If there are none why not make this an idea pool.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes and officials of Guns
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 08:15:15 pm »
There are few names outside of the original Gabriel who is the father of airships. The Baronies has a King Greger listed. Aside from that, not really any individual names. There is just nations or territory names.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 08:26:12 pm »
So no names to who invented the juggernaut (we need a ship based off that, like a down sized version)

The various guns. Origins of various costumes and heroes who wore them. That being said that could be interesting thing.

Like if you had success in the wanted stuff or won tournaments. The clan/player gets mentioned in the lore (albeit taking liberties with the name to fit with the tone of the lore).

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:24 pm »
I've seen, possibly joking, suggestions to put the famous Burning Skies Saloon into Adventure Mode.

Now, the man who runs the Burning Skies Saloon should also be quite famed, yes?

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 10:47:31 pm »
it'd fit the lore.

I just hope some dude called XedgeX123 doesn't win some sorta contest to be added into the lore.

What do you guys think of a regular fanfiction contest to expand the universe. Constantly building on previous contests.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:49:27 pm by Ceresbane »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 05:45:42 am »
There is a Guns of Icarus Visual Novel in dev. Its a fan project. I'm actually one of the writers on it. We haven't posted updates in awhile because the guy running the group has pretty much vanished and it looks to be changing hands. I can say we've got 5/6 stories in draft form. Average of about 70k words. One peaks at 85k. Plus a neutral story which ties the faction stories together at around 30k. It does have Muse's blessing, but we don't have access to any internal lore Muse is designing. It needs to go through Muse before any parts of it would be considered canon.

Any fan made project right now is not canon. We may use ideas Muse has stated or implied, but its not canon until Muse writes it in. The Aerodrome event is a byproduct of the VN development and I had to add a disclaimer at the end of the last big trailer cause I had folks thinking it was canon. I don't know what Muse is going to eventually do regarding the lore. I can tell you after working on the VN for over a year now that, its rich. So much potential. You really don't see it till you sit down and start thinking about it and writing something. I very much enjoy it and would love to be apart of it in some small manner. Heck without it I probably wouldn't be around here still. I might have to go back and rewrite some of the VN stories pending on whatever direction Muse goes. But thats not a bad thing. Time will tell.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 06:30:05 am »
Engines are named after members of the Dev team, the Kovansky Special costumes are named after YouTubers who had a big part in the game, so I do imagine such things will continue to mark this game as a community friendly game in adventure mode.

But, to make a legend, be a legend!

Spud Nick is a legend in his own right with people talking about his feats. Overwatch and Storm Ryder's two big guilds leaving a distinct mark on the world without a need to be written in stone! :)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 10:46:13 am »
Things can happen, we did have one person created by the community to become canon and that's Sir Isaac Philips of Chaladon. With the RP threads, we tend to make it with just the basic knowledge we are given by Muse and expand it through our own imagination that would try and fit in with the lore.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 10:55:03 am »
Which reminds me I must talk to my clan mates about making our roleplay stories and lore more public. :)

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »
A VN? Really woulda thought an rpgmaker game would fit way more.

There are steampunk assets (well besides character sprites) to easily recreate for Guns.

just look at skyborn here.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/278460/

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 09:32:45 pm »
It goes with a joke at the time. See the founder of the group was one of the casters in the community. Back then the merc was OP and we fought many extremely long battles. One of them, he started discussing our ship names. We used Japanese or anime references. So he went off on an anime tangent for a few on the stream. Community raged a bit about it, but lot of laughs to be had too. Then we started talking about visual novels and the idea popped. I only got involved after some story arc ideas started getting posted. Sat down and hashed out a basic skeleton design for the entire VN. Took about 4hrs. Pitched it to them. Then rest is history. The thread is still on the forums but its buried in the General forum somewhere.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 09:34:16 pm »
A VN? Really woulda thought an rpgmaker game would fit way more.

B-but senpai, the JP voice commands...

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 11:16:17 pm »
So is the story a satirical story or is it story that takes itself too seriously story?
What system does it use? affinity or arbitrary route system?

Now that I think about it. I am kinda getting curious about making an rpgmaker game retelling the story of Gabriel and the creation of the Icarus.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 01:30:39 am »
Its multiple stories. One route is cloak n dagger, another is more of a pirate/barbarism route. Political wranglings between two nations on another. Survival story. Then one with some mafia tones. Some have cross over with each other, some don't.

Using Renpy engine. Bit of inspiration from Katawa Shoujo.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 02:20:11 am »
by katawa shoujo I assume you mean the reason why you're using that engine and probably interface.

Because taking story influences from it is kinda... yeah.