Author Topic: Heroes and officials of Guns  (Read 32547 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes and officials of Guns
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52:15 am »
Engine, interface, styling. Story nah. Though many of the team are big Hanako fans, including me :D.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:56 am »
well I've always ever had fun with VN as H-games with the "good endings." So it will be interesting to see if I can be entertained by this. Also kinda curious how the story can be so vividly diverse.

My writing sensibilities demands to know what the theme that holds the whole plot together (don't say the guns universe-if you're a writer you know exactly what I mean).

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 11:08:10 am »
Maybe to put us closer to the topic,

I hope we see some of the most prominent members of the community feature as NPCs, or have references to them.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 11:32:35 am »

I hope we see some of the most prominent members of the community feature as NPCs, or have references to them.

I agree!

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »
well I've always ever had fun with VN as H-games with the "good endings." So it will be interesting to see if I can be entertained by this. Also kinda curious how the story can be so vividly diverse.

My writing sensibilities demands to know what the theme that holds the whole plot together (don't say the guns universe-if you're a writer you know exactly what I mean).

I got a bad ending on one arc where the protagonist gets gutted while the heroine, who's gone evil, just watches on while she's wiping out a city. Which may change later. In someways its better to go all out first, then dial it back. That arc actually has some internal fans who love it for the opposite reasons. Tho when I added the bad route, one just was speechless. "Gilder...that..that...ending..." Heh...it'll be edited when we get to working on the individual arcs.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »
suspending disbelief.

We all know how useless 1 guy only on a ship is.
Now imagine that 1 guy and maybe some AI vs a whole community filled with crew filled ships. Kinda boned.

Unless of course its not via airship (like some ancient doomsday device). Or its via some political sabotage by tricking some military to do it.

As for the prominent people of the community... what exactly defines that? I think I'm really important. As the leader of AI, in the game canon I would totally be related to the joke "everyone hates AI" and my being mistaken for being AI (especially now that they are orange gimp robots).

And lets not forget my catch phrase. "It's cool. My clan is with me"

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 09:06:46 pm »
Prominent member is kinda hard to define, yea. I don't consider myself a prominent member, yet some people know me before they play with me (probably from the forums).

But some are pretty obvious.

Shink is to blame.
Melon is to ram.
Zill is to amazing pilot.
Hamster is to popularizing Zill is an amazing pilot.
Zuka is to Zukasauce
Rethburn is to fan fictions.

I'm leaving some really cool, famous people out, but these are just examples that I know. Many players have some claim to being known. I guess it'd just have to be a competition for fame.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 10:19:00 pm »
If we're going by heroes (as per thread)

Leuosi is the only pilot I feel I have to play by S class game.

prayers to satan. hype up with copious amounts of sugar and play cheese builds.
all at the same time. I've found I only do it against leuosi. Guy's a monster.

Tropo. Honourable mention. He's the benchmark of A class piloting

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 05:46:39 am »
You both forgot Spud Nick!

But things should not be restricted to well known pilots, gunners and engineers should be given some love...

How to decide who should get the "love" well if it's just based on renown there are two threads on these forums naming good captains and crew... That's a start :)

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 05:59:21 am »

For any of you who remember TimmyB.

It's definitely not out of the question that other players will get nods in the lore somewhere down the line. That being said, the lore is a closely kept secret that not even I am fully privy to. I know it'd be a really interesting thing to see. Many players have got characters that they associate with that are built around the lore, myself included. That's not the entirety of my story mind you - only what I cared to divulge!

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 06:34:26 am »
But I will forever push for Muse to include Jacob as one of the Barons....heh heh

It'll be a cause worthy of my attention just like perpetually calling for the classic Squid to return in all it's glory!

I'm actually going to start making more identifiable characters in the Aerodrome stuff. The first major one is Princess Nulia played by Shadak. Then Jacob who plays the Baron of Ravenrook. From there, I've got some designs. I want to work on something with Byron but that'll probably be next year.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 06:42:30 am »
the lore is a closely kept secret that not even I am fully privy to.

That's writer's code for I don't even know but I'll make it seem like: I do/it has been already planned.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:44:23 am by Ceresbane »

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2014, 07:18:31 am »

That's writer's code for I don't even know but I'll make it seem like: I do/it has been already planned.

Actually its more like...he could tell you but then he'd have to kill you :P

Some of us know things...scary things...things that would make you wet yourself at night!

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2014, 12:26:22 pm »
Sir Issac Phillips was already mentioned, but can I just say he was a badass scientist and inventor if there was one? I mean he could crash a rocket propelled craft into a small commune and survive with naught but a chipped teacup, all men aspire to be Sir Issac Phillips.

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 12:27:30 pm »

Actually its more like...he could tell you but then he'd have to kill you :P

Some of us know things...scary things...things that would make you wet yourself at night!

My NDA is so watertight that Muse didn't even give me the information to disclose in the first place!