Author Topic: Lots of Disconnects  (Read 5635 times)

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
Lots of Disconnects
« on: November 10, 2014, 10:03:39 pm »
I have been noticing a lot of disconnects on the other team lately. It mostly happens after there first ship death. First the pilot will disconnect and than the crew. This will normally happen to both ships on the other team but on rare occasions it only happens to one. I have been playing this game for awhile now and it seems to take place when ever there is a sale. Must be a network issues or something...

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
Re: Lots of Disconnects
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 10:07:05 pm »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 10:10:05 pm »
I think communication is bugged too. Whenever I say something, nobody responds back. Seems like this also happens a lot during sales...

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:28 pm »
Funny joke you got here. In all seriousness this is a major issue in a lot of aspects for how new players see this game, this is probably one of the hardest games to start playing and there isn't much done to prevent new players from rage quitting and ensuring they don't quit playing the game because they don't like losing

With the new matchmaking system players with an hour or two of game time end up playing against players with over 600 hours in the game. Its bad for veterans who always end up in unfair lobbies and it ensures that maybe half the people who buy the game will quit playing before they reach 24 hours of game time. This game also struggles to teach players how to play the game in a way not entirely made out of textbox tutorials, which I am certain most new players will skip because no one wants to sit and read a bunch of textboxes on how to shoot a gun.

Although the problem of leaving matches is a tough one to deal with, if I was crewing on a ship of 4 people and suddenly the pilot and another crew member leaves, chances are I won't stay whether I have been playing for years or I just got the game. Its hard to discourage quitting when there is no penalty for it, if there was a penalty that either cut the amount of xp you get for the next 10 matches in half if you leave 3 matches in a row, or maybe go as far as preventing people from playing for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour for leaving too many matches in a row.

Or maybe we could just increase the level requirements to graduate novice and prioritize novices to almost always play with novices, if we have 1000 people playing at once and I am sure 400 or so are novices, why don't we just ensure they all play together so they learn how to play before being thrown into matches with level 45s