Author Topic: In matchmaking, Captain joining should increase preparation time by 30 seconds.  (Read 13139 times)

Offline Hardcastle

• Salutes: 5
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
MORE THAN HALF of the time I search for games as captain, I get dropped into a game that is less than ten seconds from starting. This needs to be addressed, I am tired of having to use short range loadouts on Battle of the Dunes and long range loadouts on Paritan Rumble just because the stupid matchmaking system drops me into a game AS CAPTAIN with no time to prepare. It's a fat, steaming load.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
THIS
IS
SO
ANNOYING
+1

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
I'd not mind it for every class.. I am always a little annoyed when I have no time to even look what ship I am on.. But I can see captain being worse..

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
+60 seconds for captains, +30 for other crew would be nice.  Being able to adjust crew loadouts is important, but setting up your build AND making sure your crew have the appropriate loadouts is harder and takes a bit more time.

Though no matter how much or how little time is on the timer, you still will always get the noobs screaming "READY UP!!!!!! LET'S GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Bump.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
It already does this for crew. Never paid attention for captains. Perhaps so captains cant just hop from spectate and back in to increase time?

Offline Chmielewski

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Once (few times, actually) I saw some high-lvld captains exit to add some seconds, and immediately novice cap joined in their place and match immediately  began. And all the hard work in vain.

+60 seconds for captains, +30 for other crew would be nice.  Being able to adjust crew loadouts is important, but setting up your build AND making sure your crew have the appropriate loadouts is harder and takes a bit more time.
Yes, THAT would be nice.

Offline Battle Toads

• Salutes: 4
    • [kTen]
    • View Profile
Nothing better than joining a lobby with 3 seconds left in countdown and it goes by so fast you can't leave, so you are stuck with that derpy close range Mobula build you used the night before on a giant map like Dunes and your crew is all under level 4 and have no idea what end of a spanner to hold, let alone how to navigate the labyrinth known as the Mobula's hallways

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
MORE THAN HALF of the time I search for games as captain, I get dropped into a game that is less than ten seconds from starting. This needs to be addressed, I am tired of having to use short range loadouts on Battle of the Dunes and long range loadouts on Paritan Rumble just because the stupid matchmaking system drops me into a game AS CAPTAIN with no time to prepare. It's a fat, steaming load.

+1

+1

Actually, I'd be perfectly happy getting rid of lobby timers all together! But this addition would be nice if I can't get rid of them. Or/and the ability for teaches, CA's, and mods to add time as well because this problem occurs all the time when trying to teach new players and then the lobby starts before you get the chance to finish helping them.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
Or/and the ability for teaches, CA's, and mods to add time as well because this problem occurs all the time when trying to teach new players and then the lobby starts before you get the chance to finish helping them.

instant squee over this idea, but I don't necessarily feel it's right to hold up a lobby unless quite a bit of the lobby is requesting the training, and I haven't had that happen once.  they don't have to be in the lobby to be trained, or they can be partied with or pulled into a practice match after their match ends.  not as convenient, but doable.

Offline KitKatKitty

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 41
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
Or/and the ability for teaches, CA's, and mods to add time as well because this problem occurs all the time when trying to teach new players and then the lobby starts before you get the chance to finish helping them.

instant squee over this idea, but I don't necessarily feel it's right to hold up a lobby unless quite a bit of the lobby is requesting the training, and I haven't had that happen once.  they don't have to be in the lobby to be trained, or they can be partied with or pulled into a practice match after their match ends.  not as convenient, but doable.

I agree that lobbies shouldn't be held up for 1 player to be taught. I have had quite a few lobbies were I have had multiple players to advise (especially since the sale). So maybe a new suggestion could be something like 30-45 seconds for teaches, CA's and mods???

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Even as a Mod, I don't like that idea. 30 seconds isnt going to help teach much, and if you just hold up lobbies, yea.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
You guys can always make your own lobby if you need more time to setup.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
You guys can always make your own lobby if you need more time to setup.

the problem is not time to set up its when I jump into a game with 3 seconds on the clock and cant do anything before the game starts, that really pisses me off because now I am stuck in a match practically without equipment or sometimes I'm a pilot now with a crew that was not even given the chance to get the right gear. And this has happened so often since the matchmaking started that I have actually stopped playing the game cause I cant deal with this shit.