Author Topic: GoIO Lingo?  (Read 49976 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: GoIO Lingo?
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 02:50:36 pm »
@Ceresbane
"Hull" to me refers to the hull repair point where armor is fixed. If I start screaming "Hull Hull Hull" at my engineers I expect them to interpret that as "Please go to the hull repair point and fix it so we do not die."

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2014, 12:03:52 am »
Also I call a mantifish. A noob fish, because its a very very popular goldfish for noobs.

Same with the quad manti galleon. I call that noob galleon.

...So anything at all that uses the Hwacha is immediate noob.  Yeah, on the Gally maybe pair it with an HC.  But dualhwacha Gally has more disable power, is more forgiving, and can disable two ships at once.

And the Goldy: HC is mainly for anti-bloon, not disable.  (Although it does a good job of that too).  What else would you have a disable Goldy use?  An HF?

More on topic: Toothpick'd

When you literally fly through a Spire, snapping them like a toothpick.

'Oh god my Armor/Hull!': When an enterprising Brawlbula trains four Gats on you.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2014, 07:57:25 am »
Also I call a mantifish. A noob fish, because its a very very popular goldfish for noobs.

...So anything at all that uses the Hwacha is immediate noob.  Yeah, on the Gally maybe pair it with an HC.  But dualhwacha Gally has more disable power, is more forgiving, and can disable two ships at once.

And the Goldy: HC is mainly for anti-bloon, not disable.  (Although it does a good job of that too).  What else would you have a disable Goldy use?  An HF?

'Oh god my Armor/Hull!': When an enterprising Brawlbula trains four Gats on you.

somebody doesn't know the wonders of the cult of lumber.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2014, 10:26:33 am »
Lumber is also Anti-Bloon, although I admit it is decent at disable too.  Everyone has their opinions, and mine is that just because it is relatively easy to shoot and good at it's job, doesn't make it a 'noob' weapon.  Flamers are a noob weapon, then, and so are gats and carronades!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2014, 10:59:26 am »

lol

Lumberjack is great, but HwachaFish and LumberFish serve two wildly different purposes. To say the HwachaFish is a noob build is massively unfair. Same with the Hwacha Galleon. There is no "noob gun". Every gun has a purpose which it serves.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2014, 11:01:00 am »

lol

Lumberjack is great, but HwachaFish and LumberFish serve two wildly different purposes. To say the HwachaFish is a noob build is massively unfair. Same with the Hwacha Galleon. There is no "noob gun". Every gun has a purpose which it serves.
Flamethrower is absolutely the noob gun.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2014, 11:03:00 am »

lol

But it's fun!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2014, 11:06:32 am »

lol

Look what you did to [Cake] you bastard

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2014, 11:21:24 am »
To be fair, cake was founded on an all-banshee mobula. No flamethrowers involved.

Offline Melon McCrabernathy

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2014, 11:27:09 am »
To be fair, cake was founded on an all-banshee mobula. No flamethrowers involved.

Actually Cake was founded on a flamer-banshee junker.

#CakeFacts  8) 8)

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2014, 11:43:44 am »

#CakeFacts  8) 8)

Well I have been lied to, I don't know what to believe anymore... History has been turned upside down!

Offline DJ Logicalia

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2014, 11:51:03 am »

#CakeFacts  8) 8)

Well I have been lied to, I don't know what to believe anymore... History has been turned upside down!

*obligatory "the cake is a lie"*

Offline Dutch Vanya

• [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2014, 11:55:30 am »

#CakeFacts  8) 8)

*obligatory "the cake is a lie"*

The cake wasn't a lie though. You SEE the cake at the end of portal...

(thread fully derailed)

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2014, 01:34:02 pm »
10/10 people 10/10.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile