Author Topic: GoIO Lingo?  (Read 49696 times)

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
GoIO Lingo?
« on: October 30, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »
Hey guys, it's me again, this time with a question. I've heard loads of words used by the GoIO community, and frankly, I'm not as quick as some to pick up on their meanings. For instance, I still don't know what a blenderfish is, and there are still probably some newbies who haven't heard of what a "munker" is yet.

Just wondering if perhaps this could be a thread where veteran players could put down some commonly used phrases within GoIO, just so newbies get an idea as to what some people mean if they say something on the chat or whatnot.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: GoIO Lingo?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 05:03:47 pm »
Ships:
Blenderfish - Heavy Carronade Godldfish
Lumberfish - Lumberjack Goldfish
Mantifish - Manticore Hwacha Goldfish
Flackfish - Heavyflack Goldfish (very rare)

Munker- Junker with mostly to all guns as Mine launcher. Used by experienced crews to show off an punish teammates.

Metamiddion - Pyramidion with A gatteling gun and a morter for the front to guns. While not unbeatable this combination is very effective even in inexperienced hands.

Engineers:
Main/Main Engineer - engineer responsible for the hull and engines, who will not be shooting unless everything is fixed or on cool down.
Gungineer - a player who is playing as an engineer but is expected to be shooting most of the time.
Buffgineer - a player who is playing as an engineer with a buffkit and can not be expected to perform rebuild/extinguis/repair at the same rate as the standard engineer.

Actions.
Cooldown - the period where a component can not be further repaired after a tool is used on it.

Double team - having two players rebuild a component at the same time (most often the hull).

Burning Engines/Baloon - the captain is using a tool that damages engines or balloon.

Flame Lock - a ship being rendered ineffective by the use of flamethrowers.

Chem Cycle - putting chem spray on everything every 20 seconds as a defense against flame lock.

Prebuff - stacking buff points on a component without actually activating the buff state. Allows the buffed state to be activated with one tool action at the time it is most needed.

Goomba Stomp - The act of ramming a ship vertically while it is on the ground as to do dammage to it from both the ram and the ground impact.

Walling - The act of ramming a ship horrizontally while it is next to a wall/piece of terrain as to do dammage to it from both the ram and the terrain impact.

Tactical bounce - The act of turning a ship by running into terrain/other ships such that the ship spins in a desired direction. May not always be intentional.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 05:17:44 pm by HamsterIV »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 05:10:54 pm »
carro - short of 'carronade' (heavy or light)
carrofish (sometimes used) = blenderfish = goldfish that has heavy carronade upfront
main (engineer) - the engineer who is responsible mainly (or only) for repairing things, especially hull (and things nearby)

starboard - right
port - left
aft - behind

to spot someone - to mark an enemy ship using spyglass

tanking - sitting and babysitting (repairing) only one, very important component (i.e. "I'm tanking hull")

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 06:05:59 pm »

Nice Ram!: compliments players usually give me when I join their ship.  This can get a bit uncomfortable on ships that say this a lot.
Ram Kill: when I kill something

Other players have argued for alternative definitions of these (which are of course incorrect) which are:

Nice Ram!: compliment to captain after executing a strategic ram e.g. turning the enemies guns away from you whilst keeping yours on the enemy
Ram Kill: when you kill an enemy by ramming them

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 07:12:33 pm »
2v1: Any time you or a teammate has to fight 2 enemy ships on your own. "We're 2v1." "Ahh don't worry about it you were 2v1" "Wow you actually survived that 2v1" (Kinda self explanatory)

Strip/Stripping:Removing Perma Hull. "Strip their hull." "The hull getting stripped something fierce."

And Something only i say, Melon says it too now sometimes:

Olé-ing: Whilst in a mobula dodging a ramming opponent by flying above or below. If it is particularly cool you must say Olé to your crew. I think Matadoring is maybe a better choice of words..

Also, blending is something people sometimes generally use for having your balloon popped so much you blend into the floor.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 07:59:33 pm »
Moonshine! = get to the engines now, we are about to go really fast and break them.

Burning engines: using any tool that damages your engines. Moonshine, claw, kerosine.

Hydro: using hydrogen tool. To gunner it means "We are about to go up fast, shoot low." To an engineer, it means, "OMG GET TO THE BALLOON NOW!"

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:55 pm »
Tap The Hull - Repair the hull. It doesn't need much repair, just a tap.

Oh No a Flamethrower! - Your ship is in range of a flamethrower. Chem Spray everything.

Happy Birthday - Your Team just got a kill or you just won the match.

Quack Quack - Your Team just got a kill or you just won the match.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 08:07:49 pm by Spud Nick »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:14:45 pm »
One of the ducks should post their lexicon into this thread. Unless is is a closely guarded clan secret.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 02:43:14 am »
meatgrind: charging into 2v1 situations which most of the times results in another death for your side

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 12:24:08 pm »
gg Muse: Some sort of bug or mechanics messed up a match, maneuver, or lobby.

Offline nhbearit

• Salutes: 27
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 04:08:31 pm »
Ras (pronounced "RAZ", short for raspberries): Enemy hull armor is down

Nuts: Enemy hull armor is back up

Biscuits: Enemy's balloon is down

Delicious: Enemy's balloon and hull armor are down

Peached: Component is one hit away from being rebuilt

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 04:10:20 pm »
"mortar mortar mortar mortar mortar mortar!" or "flak flak flak flak flak flak flak!": The enemy's armor is stripped, please drop what you are doing and kill them

Velcro: getting stuck to terrain and unable to get free, resulting in a slow painful death

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 02:33:58 am »
"I'm caking the shot" - Your gunner is loading incendiary ammo into the gun.

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 03:48:33 am »
Maniacal laughter: Mine kill

Offline -Rydr- ToraTsuki

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile