Author Topic: Version 1.3.8 Hotfix Release Notes  (Read 92062 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3.8 Hotfix Release Notes
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:38 am »
^ Here, grab my salute

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 11:25:11 am »
-Invisible wall on Canyon.

I wondered where the invisible wall went. I am glad you added it back to the game.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 11:27:24 am »
Is this really what people here have become? The once lovely community whom actually discussed things intelligently now turning into the same ol'-every-game spewing of unfiltered hate posts and meme pic spewing?

Really dudes, really?

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 11:28:58 am »
Well memes were unnecessary but seriously... this is just riddiculous.

Don't worry, I probably won't be long in this community, not after this...

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 11:30:13 am »
Because when it was "lovely" and polite, nobody cared 'bout what some of us were saying. I haven't so far stumbled upon a match where matchmaking was considered a POSITIVE thing.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 11:36:33 am »
Is this really what people here have become? The once lovely community whom actually discussed things intelligently now turning into the same ol'-every-game spewing of unfiltered hate posts and meme pic spewing?

Really dudes, really?

Is this what the devs have really become? The once lovely team whom actually listened to feedback and did what people wanted in order to better their game now turning into the same ol'-every-game-development-team of we know best and ignoring the feedback?

Really muse, really?

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2014, 11:38:33 am »
GeoRMR, this should depict your post perfectly:

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2014, 12:07:31 pm »
Less memes, and more actual feedback guys. I can understand frustration, but putting it up as you are isn't going to help anything. Thanks.

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2014, 12:22:52 pm »
The replies in this thread are pretty disappointing. At least we can have the comfort of knowing that these 3 people can never claim to represent the community as a whole.

Muse has worked hard to make matchmaking work and they've previously explained at length why it's absolutely necessary for GOIO's future. While there are some problems with the latest (major) patch it's introduced some nice features while pulling matchmaking off better than we might have expected. The matchlist still exists so long as you have a decent sized friendslist so there is little cause for frustration with matchmaking, so it's easy to sidestep the system if you really dislike it.

The hiding levels is an interesting step and I think it may be a good idea. Yes it wasn't really a demanded feature but it does address a problem which I found reasonably significant in the games I've played - games often look predetermined in the lobby due to huge levelgaps that turn out not to be such a big deal once the game has started. I don't think the minor ego boost of being able to show off your 45-45 is anything like big enough a deal to justify this kind of tantrum, Geo.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 12:24:24 pm by Velvet »

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2014, 12:26:19 pm »
Because when it was "lovely" and polite, nobody cared 'bout what some of us were saying. I haven't so far stumbled upon a match where matchmaking was considered a POSITIVE thing.
I'm sorry but you've been here for what... two, three weeks? Pretty sure you have don't really have much to talk about how the forums or game was in the past.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2014, 12:35:32 pm »
Just came out of a really stacked game where an entire team rage quit and dc'd

I can only assume this is because they were not aware they were against crew formed team of veterans before the game started due to lack of any visual indicator. (levels)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2014, 12:36:54 pm »
I'm talking about previous monday, when the new update came out. And I tell from the experience of last week, when this patch is on. And I REALLY haven't seen a player to say "Wow, this matchmaking thing is good!"; only "Jesus, what is this crap? I can't do this, this and this. Why this is working like that? It's unlogical/uncomfortable."

I came here for last two week of lobbies, and honestly? I had nothing against manually looking for a match, it was faster, it was easy. Now most options are rather not transparent, unintuitive. I CAN see reasons behind some of the changes, but mostly they are poorly implemented. And I have to tell you, that despite being rather not giving up person, I ragequited few times because of how matchmaker put me.

Is it understood?
The fact that I'm around here for a month doesn't mean I speak mindlessly. Only grammar incorrectly.

Give me 4 hours, and I'll give you cold-headed analysis of what I consider stupid/crappy/not working. So far, I have to pass coming test at University, pardon me.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 12:39:17 pm »
I'm sorry but you've been here for what... two, three weeks? Pretty sure you have don't really have much to talk about how the forums or game was in the past.

I thought muses most used excuse to ignore the feedback from veterans is because they need to consider that of the novice player also.

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2014, 12:40:49 pm »
Just came out of a really stacked game where an entire team rage quit and dc'd

I can only assume this is because they were not aware they were against crew formed team of veterans before the game started due to lack of any visual indicator. (levels)
This happened all the time pre-matchmaking as well. Not sure what your point is.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2014, 12:42:17 pm »
My point is that hiding levels has achieved nothing. (if only to confuse people more/increase the chance of ragequitting mid match rather than looking for a new lobby to escape a stack) I thought this was valid feedback.