Author Topic: Version 1.3.8 Hotfix Release Notes  (Read 92332 times)

Offline Grixis

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 15
    • View Profile
Version 1.3.8 Hotfix Release Notes
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:09:47 am »
Our Charity Webpage is live and you can keep up to date on the casters records and winnings for some great causes.

With the introduction of Matchmaking we fundamentally changed how the game is played. We appreciate all the feedback we received and will continue doing our best to improve the system in every way we can. If you’d like to share your thoughts and experiences the best way to contact us is by email at feedback@musegames.com.

Changes:
-Your current level is now linked to your name in chat so you can show off your level in global, clan, and match chat.
-Match levels are no longer shown except for the ship you are currently on. Since player level doesn’t often show a good snapshot of player skill nor balance; to reduce confusion we’ve stopped showing player levels on other ships as the system bases balance on your hidden glicko rating.
-Rematch will now always scramble from matchmade matches.  We’ve added back in the ability to swap ships between sides so each team has to agree to refight the same battle.

Fixes:
-Velcro is gone!
-Changes pilot, gunner, and engineer to crew and captain to reflect ship roles better in matchmaker.
-Low quality textures on allied ships on match end screen.
-Invisible wall on Canyon.
-Misplaced wind on low altitude in 3v3 Firnfeld.
-Unable to see allies on respawn map.
-Ghost ship on map
-Ship unable to spawn
-Ships spawning in the same location inside of one another
-Match start timer disappearing
-Win/Lose streak display bug
-Can now click on player names in crew form.
-Arbitrary insta-gib rams removed
-Smoke particles have returned
-Achievements linked to Water Hazard and Fight on Firnfeld now work on 2v2 and 3v3
-text no longer overlaps if too many friends are in the same match
-Gunning AI crew no longer disappearing on Squid

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3.8 Hotfix Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:17:46 am »
-Match levels are no longer shown except for the ship you are currently on. Since player level doesn’t often show a good snapshot of player skill nor balance; to reduce confusion we’ve stopped showing player levels on other ships as the system bases balance on your hidden glicko rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:09 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAT15I-QnBY

Edit: I'm not downloading this - I have limited internet transfer per month, so I'll wait for a real hotfix.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:37:51 am by Schwalbe »

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:52:59 am »

We appreciate all the feedback we received and will continue doing our best to improve the system in every way we can. If you’d like to share your thoughts and experiences the best way to contact us is by email at feedback@musegames.com.

As far as I know, NOBODY ASKED YOU TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

Changes:
-Your current level is now linked to your name in chat so you can show off your level in global, clan, and match chat.

Fixes:
-Changes pilot, gunner, and engineer to crew and captain to reflect ship roles better in matchmaker.

Way to go revising the levelling system and then removing it. If you're not going to show them get them out of the game completley - oh no noobs are upset that they're being match-made with vets who are "bad at the game" - oh wait, its just because the player base is so small they get stuck in any lobby with anyone, the glicko has sweet fa to do with it.

I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY AS A FUCKING ENGINEER - BRING BACK SEPARATE CLASS MATCHMAKING.
I DID NOT PUT OVER 5000 HOURS OF MY LIFE INTO THIS GAME FOR YOU TO HIDE MY LEVELS.

THIS IS TERRIBLE - DO! NOT! WANT!

I don't even know muse, I don't, even, know.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:55:32 am by GeoRmr »

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 10:05:57 am »
^ Sir, you have my salute.

Then I suggest deleting levels whatsoever
Deleting all the ships
Giving everyone a rifle
And we'll have the CoD Muse wants.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 10:08:04 am »
You also did a sloppy half arsed job at hiding the levels - you didn't even move the username to fill up the space. good job.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 10:22:47 am »
I can't even imagine, how the fuck such stupid ideas can come to one's mind. I'm no expert, but I can't understand the point of all these bloody changes, making a game unplayable. It's not just a normal butthurt - it's justified butthurt. I consider myself a noob, and just can't fucking stand what you guys are doing around here.

I'm a game developer myself, and when I think about what the blood-soaked hell is going around here lately, only one thing comes to my mind - you screwed your job on the stage of prototype-testing, or even worse, on the stage of prototype.

Why I say this? Because for me it looks like you did not applied the most reasonable solution (by which I mean merging matchmaking WITH normal access to lobbies, and not giving matchmaking higher priority) because you haven't considered it on the stage of prototype, and built the whole module so sloppy you haven't left easy backend access to implement it this way.

Pardon both my language and grammar - english is not my native language, and it's even harder to express my thoughts because I'M ABSOLUTELY LIVID.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 10:26:36 am »
Why I say this? Because for me it looks like you did not applied the most reasonable solution (by which I mean merging matchmaking WITH normal access to lobbies, and not giving matchmaking higher priority) because you haven't considered it on the stage of prototype, and built the whole module so sloppy you haven't left easy backend access to implement it this way.

Worst part is -  we even told them not to get rid of the match list.

Offline GeoRmr

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 10:27:26 am »
In the mean time, why haven't you fixed the goldifsh sails yet? Its pretty integral for team identification.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 10:32:49 am »

And Muse was like

Also - the level is hidden to your allies but it is viewed to everyone when someone writes on match chat? So... what's the point actually?

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 10:34:43 am »

By prototype I mean something which is faaar far before pre-alpha, when you code the small module of the game and test it, whether it works or not. You can throw it away if not, or correct it / leave it intact.

Edit:

Dear Muse,
I am noob, and I think you made this game unplayable, which serves NOBODY, excluding yer own ego.

Yours sincerely
Stupid Newbie Who Owned This Game A Month Ago, And Liked It Despite Its Flaws.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:38:31 am by Schwalbe »

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 11:06:49 am »
...Shall I get the petitions out? And as stated before, muse should have used this stupid matchmaking crap to replace quick join. ("quick play") wend kept in the match list. The list most likely would not have eaten up as many resources if there were less people making matches on it. (Maybe adding a click to refresh button would also have saved some resources due to the client not needing to send refresh requests to the server all the time.)

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 11:13:45 am »
...I suppose that this sounds reasonable. But I bet none of them would listen to a polite request like that.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 11:18:40 am »

Can't one just click on the name of the person in the chat? Is that so hard that you decided to add the levels directly to the chat, even though levels still don't mean the world?

So in order for one to "show off" their level you decided to just remove them? Well ok, but what's the point in hiding the level when you show it in the chat again? And how can one not see the levels by clicking on their name to view their levels?

I think somebody didn't think that one through.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 11:20:46 am »
So here's some memes I made regarding 1.3.8 + hotfix